Cuba holidays showcased at tourism fair in Jinan
The best of Cuba's holiday and tourism products are being showcased in the Chinese city of Jinan during the International Tourism Fair currently taking place in eastern China.
Cuba's tourism products, services and holiday destinations are among the highlights currently being showcased at the International Tourism Fair in Jinan, Shadong, in eastern China as the Caribbean island tries to promote Cuba holidays among far eastern travellers.
At the fair's opening, Elizabeth Vela, Cuban Tourism Ministry representative in China, said the key goal was to expand mutual knowledge about the two communist-led countries and in the process of presenting them with what Cuba holidays had to offer, they'd also learn about the Chinese holidaymakers themselves.
"We want to show them the real face of Cuba, and we want the Chinese people to be the ones who bring to our country the reality of this great nation, which has experienced impressive development in the last 30 years," Vela stated to an audience of travel agency representatives, tour operators, investors and journalists.
The display was designed to feature abundant visual promotion of Cuba holidays across many destinations of tourist interest, including its isolated keys and islets, cities and beaches, historic monuments and museums; all as part of the Autentica Cuba campaign launched on 20th July and first showcased in Beijing. The campaign tour promoting Cuba holidays in China has already visited Shanghai, Xi An (Shaanxi), and Hangzhou, Zhejiang.
The Cuban official noted that Cuba was the first country in the Americas chosen by Chinese authorities as the 2003 Tourism Destination, paving the way for those wishing to learn about the Caribbean island in situ.
Cuba has since introduced language training to provide Chinese tourists with the best services, while official statistics chart an increasing inflow, from 670 visitors in 1994 to a sizable 12,000 last year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...