Cuba holidays showcased at tourism fair in Jinan
The best of Cuba's holiday and tourism products are being showcased in the Chinese city of Jinan during the International Tourism Fair currently taking place in eastern China.
Cuba's tourism products, services and holiday destinations are among the highlights currently being showcased at the International Tourism Fair in Jinan, Shadong, in eastern China as the Caribbean island tries to promote Cuba holidays among far eastern travellers.
At the fair's opening, Elizabeth Vela, Cuban Tourism Ministry representative in China, said the key goal was to expand mutual knowledge about the two communist-led countries and in the process of presenting them with what Cuba holidays had to offer, they'd also learn about the Chinese holidaymakers themselves.
"We want to show them the real face of Cuba, and we want the Chinese people to be the ones who bring to our country the reality of this great nation, which has experienced impressive development in the last 30 years," Vela stated to an audience of travel agency representatives, tour operators, investors and journalists.
The display was designed to feature abundant visual promotion of Cuba holidays across many destinations of tourist interest, including its isolated keys and islets, cities and beaches, historic monuments and museums; all as part of the Autentica Cuba campaign launched on 20th July and first showcased in Beijing. The campaign tour promoting Cuba holidays in China has already visited Shanghai, Xi An (Shaanxi), and Hangzhou, Zhejiang.
The Cuban official noted that Cuba was the first country in the Americas chosen by Chinese authorities as the 2003 Tourism Destination, paving the way for those wishing to learn about the Caribbean island in situ.
Cuba has since introduced language training to provide Chinese tourists with the best services, while official statistics chart an increasing inflow, from 670 visitors in 1994 to a sizable 12,000 last year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars.
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches.
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more.
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Enjoy a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates upon arrival guaranteed for couples at Melia Habana Hotel and a romantic dinner for two in Havana
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...