Cuba holidays showcased at tourism fair in Jinan
The best of Cuba's holiday and tourism products are being showcased in the Chinese city of Jinan during the International Tourism Fair currently taking place in eastern China.
Cuba's tourism products, services and holiday destinations are among the highlights currently being showcased at the International Tourism Fair in Jinan, Shadong, in eastern China as the Caribbean island tries to promote Cuba holidays among far eastern travellers.
At the fair's opening, Elizabeth Vela, Cuban Tourism Ministry representative in China, said the key goal was to expand mutual knowledge about the two communist-led countries and in the process of presenting them with what Cuba holidays had to offer, they'd also learn about the Chinese holidaymakers themselves.
"We want to show them the real face of Cuba, and we want the Chinese people to be the ones who bring to our country the reality of this great nation, which has experienced impressive development in the last 30 years," Vela stated to an audience of travel agency representatives, tour operators, investors and journalists.
The display was designed to feature abundant visual promotion of Cuba holidays across many destinations of tourist interest, including its isolated keys and islets, cities and beaches, historic monuments and museums; all as part of the Autentica Cuba campaign launched on 20th July and first showcased in Beijing. The campaign tour promoting Cuba holidays in China has already visited Shanghai, Xi An (Shaanxi), and Hangzhou, Zhejiang.
The Cuban official noted that Cuba was the first country in the Americas chosen by Chinese authorities as the 2003 Tourism Destination, paving the way for those wishing to learn about the Caribbean island in situ.
Cuba has since introduced language training to provide Chinese tourists with the best services, while official statistics chart an increasing inflow, from 670 visitors in 1994 to a sizable 12,000 last year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...