Oberoi Hotels win Conde Nast Traveller's Readers' Travel Awards 2010
Oberoi Hotels and Resorts were amongst the winners at this year's UK edition of Conde Nast Traveller's Readers' Travel Awards which were held in London, with four Oberoi hotels ranked amongst the Best 20 Leisure Hotels in Asia and Indian subcontinent.
Four Oberoi hotels have been ranked amongst the Best 20 Leisure Hotels in Asia and the Indian subcontinent at this year's Conde Nast Traveller's Readers' Awards in London.
The UK edition of the awards ceremony rated numerous Oberoi hotels as winners of awards in various sections including The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur, as the best leisure hotel in the region; Wildflower Hall, Shimla, in the Himalayas was ranked second. The Oberoi Rajvilas, Jaipur, came ninth; The Oberoi, Lombok, in Indonesia, which came in 16th place; and The Oberoi in New Delhi which was ranked among the 10 best overseas business hotels.
The Oberoi Group was established in 1934 and has 31 Oberoi hotels and cruisers including India, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Mauritius and Egypt hotels.
Luxury Oberoi hotels have opened over the last few years all across Asia and the Indian subcontinent including The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh in Egypt, The Oberoi, Lombok in Indonesia and The Oberoi, Mauritius, and travellers can enjoy luxury Egypt holidays onboard The Oberoi Zahra, Luxury Nile Cruiser in Egypt which was launched in 2007.
Oberoi Hotels and Resorts also operate five-star Trident brand hotels and the group is involved in airport restaurants, flight catering, car rentals, corporate air charters, travel and tour services, and project management.
Readers of Conde Nast Traveller were asked to rate their choices in 27 categories in a survey across a range of criteria from decor, service, facilities, and environmental friendliness.
The Conde Nast Traveller's Readers' Travel Awards ceremony took place recently in London and revealed numerous destinations, spas, hotels and resorts which came out on top on the list of readers' favourites.
Awards included Turkey as the favourite holiday destination; Edinburgh was voted the favourite UK city; Hong Kong the favourite destination islands; Jalousie Plantation. Sugar Beach in St. Lucia, the favourite overseas hotel; The Spa at Gleneagles Hotel by ESPA in Perthshire for best spa; Carrier as the favourite tour operator; and Lufthansa as the favourite airline for short-haul holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...