Oberoi Hotels win Conde Nast Traveller's Readers' Travel Awards 2010
Oberoi Hotels and Resorts were amongst the winners at this year's UK edition of Conde Nast Traveller's Readers' Travel Awards which were held in London, with four Oberoi hotels ranked amongst the Best 20 Leisure Hotels in Asia and Indian subcontinent.
Four Oberoi hotels have been ranked amongst the Best 20 Leisure Hotels in Asia and the Indian subcontinent at this year's Conde Nast Traveller's Readers' Awards in London.
The UK edition of the awards ceremony rated numerous Oberoi hotels as winners of awards in various sections including The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur, as the best leisure hotel in the region; Wildflower Hall, Shimla, in the Himalayas was ranked second. The Oberoi Rajvilas, Jaipur, came ninth; The Oberoi, Lombok, in Indonesia, which came in 16th place; and The Oberoi in New Delhi which was ranked among the 10 best overseas business hotels.
The Oberoi Group was established in 1934 and has 31 Oberoi hotels and cruisers including India, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Mauritius and Egypt hotels.
Luxury Oberoi hotels have opened over the last few years all across Asia and the Indian subcontinent including The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh in Egypt, The Oberoi, Lombok in Indonesia and The Oberoi, Mauritius, and travellers can enjoy luxury Egypt holidays onboard The Oberoi Zahra, Luxury Nile Cruiser in Egypt which was launched in 2007.
Oberoi Hotels and Resorts also operate five-star Trident brand hotels and the group is involved in airport restaurants, flight catering, car rentals, corporate air charters, travel and tour services, and project management.
Readers of Conde Nast Traveller were asked to rate their choices in 27 categories in a survey across a range of criteria from decor, service, facilities, and environmental friendliness.
The Conde Nast Traveller's Readers' Travel Awards ceremony took place recently in London and revealed numerous destinations, spas, hotels and resorts which came out on top on the list of readers' favourites.
Awards included Turkey as the favourite holiday destination; Edinburgh was voted the favourite UK city; Hong Kong the favourite destination islands; Jalousie Plantation. Sugar Beach in St. Lucia, the favourite overseas hotel; The Spa at Gleneagles Hotel by ESPA in Perthshire for best spa; Carrier as the favourite tour operator; and Lufthansa as the favourite airline for short-haul holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...