Oberoi Hotels win Conde Nast Traveller's Readers' Travel Awards 2010
Oberoi Hotels and Resorts were amongst the winners at this year's UK edition of Conde Nast Traveller's Readers' Travel Awards which were held in London, with four Oberoi hotels ranked amongst the Best 20 Leisure Hotels in Asia and Indian subcontinent.
Four Oberoi hotels have been ranked amongst the Best 20 Leisure Hotels in Asia and the Indian subcontinent at this year's Conde Nast Traveller's Readers' Awards in London.
The UK edition of the awards ceremony rated numerous Oberoi hotels as winners of awards in various sections including The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur, as the best leisure hotel in the region; Wildflower Hall, Shimla, in the Himalayas was ranked second. The Oberoi Rajvilas, Jaipur, came ninth; The Oberoi, Lombok, in Indonesia, which came in 16th place; and The Oberoi in New Delhi which was ranked among the 10 best overseas business hotels.
The Oberoi Group was established in 1934 and has 31 Oberoi hotels and cruisers including India, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Mauritius and Egypt hotels.
Luxury Oberoi hotels have opened over the last few years all across Asia and the Indian subcontinent including The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh in Egypt, The Oberoi, Lombok in Indonesia and The Oberoi, Mauritius, and travellers can enjoy luxury Egypt holidays onboard The Oberoi Zahra, Luxury Nile Cruiser in Egypt which was launched in 2007.
Oberoi Hotels and Resorts also operate five-star Trident brand hotels and the group is involved in airport restaurants, flight catering, car rentals, corporate air charters, travel and tour services, and project management.
Readers of Conde Nast Traveller were asked to rate their choices in 27 categories in a survey across a range of criteria from decor, service, facilities, and environmental friendliness.
The Conde Nast Traveller's Readers' Travel Awards ceremony took place recently in London and revealed numerous destinations, spas, hotels and resorts which came out on top on the list of readers' favourites.
Awards included Turkey as the favourite holiday destination; Edinburgh was voted the favourite UK city; Hong Kong the favourite destination islands; Jalousie Plantation. Sugar Beach in St. Lucia, the favourite overseas hotel; The Spa at Gleneagles Hotel by ESPA in Perthshire for best spa; Carrier as the favourite tour operator; and Lufthansa as the favourite airline for short-haul holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...