Oberoi Hotels win Conde Nast Traveller's Readers' Travel Awards 2010
Oberoi Hotels and Resorts were amongst the winners at this year's UK edition of Conde Nast Traveller's Readers' Travel Awards which were held in London, with four Oberoi hotels ranked amongst the Best 20 Leisure Hotels in Asia and Indian subcontinent.
Four Oberoi hotels have been ranked amongst the Best 20 Leisure Hotels in Asia and the Indian subcontinent at this year's Conde Nast Traveller's Readers' Awards in London.
The UK edition of the awards ceremony rated numerous Oberoi hotels as winners of awards in various sections including The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur, as the best leisure hotel in the region; Wildflower Hall, Shimla, in the Himalayas was ranked second. The Oberoi Rajvilas, Jaipur, came ninth; The Oberoi, Lombok, in Indonesia, which came in 16th place; and The Oberoi in New Delhi which was ranked among the 10 best overseas business hotels.
The Oberoi Group was established in 1934 and has 31 Oberoi hotels and cruisers including India, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Mauritius and Egypt hotels.
Luxury Oberoi hotels have opened over the last few years all across Asia and the Indian subcontinent including The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh in Egypt, The Oberoi, Lombok in Indonesia and The Oberoi, Mauritius, and travellers can enjoy luxury Egypt holidays onboard The Oberoi Zahra, Luxury Nile Cruiser in Egypt which was launched in 2007.
Oberoi Hotels and Resorts also operate five-star Trident brand hotels and the group is involved in airport restaurants, flight catering, car rentals, corporate air charters, travel and tour services, and project management.
Readers of Conde Nast Traveller were asked to rate their choices in 27 categories in a survey across a range of criteria from decor, service, facilities, and environmental friendliness.
The Conde Nast Traveller's Readers' Travel Awards ceremony took place recently in London and revealed numerous destinations, spas, hotels and resorts which came out on top on the list of readers' favourites.
Awards included Turkey as the favourite holiday destination; Edinburgh was voted the favourite UK city; Hong Kong the favourite destination islands; Jalousie Plantation. Sugar Beach in St. Lucia, the favourite overseas hotel; The Spa at Gleneagles Hotel by ESPA in Perthshire for best spa; Carrier as the favourite tour operator; and Lufthansa as the favourite airline for short-haul holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...