India to be the holiday destination stage for WTA ceremony in October
With the WTA Asia & Australasia Ceremony soon approaching, Delhi's the Claridges in India has been chosen as the place to host the prestigious world travel awards often hailed as the equivalent to the Oscars in the tourism industry.
India holidays are about to spark more interest than ever as all eyes turn towards this fascinating Asian holiday destination chosen as the stage where the next WTA ceremony is going to take place. And this time the host will be Delhi’s The Claridges, which has already begun to prepare for the forthcoming World Travel Awards Asia & Australasia Ceremony ahead of what is expected to be the most keenly fought competition ever.
The forthcoming event - hailed as the most important night of the year for Asia and Australasia’s tourism industry - will demonstrate just why the region and India holidays are experiencing an unprecedented boom, despite of the challenging global economic environment. According to WTA founder, Graham Cooke, the event, which will take place on 14th October is a brilliant barometre of the region’s phenomenal success.
“World Travel Awards was established 17 years ago to drive up standards of customer service and overall performance and this year’s winners will be an excellent business model for others to follow.
“The hotel is an ideal venue for such an event, combining both a business and luxury resort in one.” - he declared.
Viewed as the ultimate achievement for any Asian or Australasian company, more than 80 travel brands are competing to be the best at the World Travel Awards. Winners of the regional ceremony will then go on to compete in World Travel Awards 2010 Grand Final in London on Sunday 7th November, immediately before World Travel Market.
On his part, Peter Leitgeb, president of The Claridges Hotels & Resorts, added: “Today, India is on everyone’s radar. It is reiterated by the number of visitors the hotels are seeing in this part of the world. Such volume is practically unheard of anywhere else.
“In keeping with the buoyant economy The Claridges Hotels & Resorts too has seen significant growth in occupancy and revenue over the years.
“Choosing New Delhi as the destination for World Travel Award Asia and Australasia further reinforces India as ‘the’ destination which no one can today overlook.”
In addition to the honour, prestige and global exposure of winning one of the awards in the India holidays ceremony, those involved in the Indian tourism would also enjoy considerable commercial benefits. Covering every sector of travel and tourism, World Travel Award winners enjoy distinctive recognition and commercial power..
Consumers on their part, especiall for those who seek for peace of mind, are increasingly using the winners list as a reliable resource when choosing a holiday or where to go during India holidays for example. Online voting is now underway and nominees are campaigning hard with agents and industry executives to win support.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Explore India's famed landmarks and rich culture on an all-encompassing adventure that leaves no stone unturned
- Call now to upgrade to a private tour, including a private car and driver, and personal local guides
- Envisage many world renowned sights including the Taj Mahal with amazing inclusions to experience such as an exclusive Rajasthani Feast
- During the tour you'll be able to enjoy various extras including a bicycle rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, a Chambal River Safari and much more
Go for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure and get a fuller taste of India when you combine culture and village lifestyle traditions.
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing and excursion tours as per the itinerary
- This is a journey through the heart of India to explore the old and new part of Delhi the capital city, the Taj Mahal in Agra and much more
- During the tour you will be staying at fabulous comfortable hotels that are all 4* and above
Relax and make the most of your holiday with the 11 nights Superior Golden Triangle and Superior Shimla Highlights
- All transfers, excursions and sightseeing tours will be by air-conditioned
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Entrance fees at all monuments (one time only) as per the itinerary
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Travelling by train, the ever-changing scenery will slowly unfold as you move from city to city on this exciting...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
India can make a strong claim to be the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the...