BA CEO addressed the Caribbean holidays market during Autumn visit
BA CEO Willie Walsh will be attending the next Caribbean Tourism Organisation conference taking place between 9-12 October 2010 in Barbados. During his speech he will addres key issues such as the future of intercontinental travel and airline partnerships
Praising the Caribbean holidays market as one of the main holiday destinations they operate, Willie Walsh, CEO of British Airways, is to give the keynote address during the Caribbean Tourism Organisation (CTO) leadership strategy conference to be held in Barbados next month between 9-12th October 2010. The CTO is a Barbados-based development and sustainable tourism organisation representing all 34 Caribbean countries and territories which all play an important role in the way the market for Caribbean holidays develop.
Besides attending formal meetings with various Caribbean ministers and commissioners of tourism, Walsh will deliver the keynote speech at the Sunday morning conference on the future of intercontinental travel and the importance of partnerships between airlines and the holiday destinations they serve. One of the highlights of the conference will be a BA-hosted dinner scheduled for Sunday 10th October.
Walsh’s imminent visit to the Caribbean will highlight BA’s commitment to regions like the Caribbean whose economies depend heavily on the tourism and Caribbean holidays sector. He will also attend a fundraising lunch in aid of the CTO Foundation, where he will also be addressing university students and local business leaders.
Commenting on his forthcoming visit, Willie Walsh said, “We have a long and proud history of serving the Caribbean stretching back many decades. It is a favourite holiday destination for thousands of our customers who return time and again to enjoy the fantastic Caribbean hospitality.
“I am looking forward to visiting Barbados to see how British Airways can continue to contribute to one of the world’s premiere tourist destinations and to discuss the challenges facing us.
“As the world emerges from recession, we must be careful to ensure that our policy-making - in regard to taxation and other matters - encourages recovery in all regions of the world, particularly those where international tourism is a critical mainstay of the economy.”
Hugh Riley, secretary general of the Caribbean Tourism Organisation, added to this, “The CTO is delighted at Mr Walsh’s visit. We have always been grateful for the crucial support that British Airways has shown our region over the years and we feel very honoured that the company’s chief executive will be helping the Caribbean’s tourism experts to consider how our region can remain competitive, enhancing our brand and staying ahead of current marketing innovations.
“It’s also very exciting for our region to see the launch of such a prestigious, large-scale leadership strategy conference, attended by so many high profile individuals and we look forward to seeing the outcome and benefits to the Caribbean.”
As part of of the CTO events planned, the conference will include a business component during which a new CTO chairman will be elected to represent the Caribbean holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- Try surfing at Flowrider or swim with Dolphins at the Dolphinarium
- Moon Spa & Golf Club is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun
- Enjoy the impressive resort credits which can be spent on golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...