BA CEO addressed the Caribbean holidays market during Autumn visit
BA CEO Willie Walsh will be attending the next Caribbean Tourism Organisation conference taking place between 9-12 October 2010 in Barbados. During his speech he will addres key issues such as the future of intercontinental travel and airline partnerships
Praising the Caribbean holidays market as one of the main holiday destinations they operate, Willie Walsh, CEO of British Airways, is to give the keynote address during the Caribbean Tourism Organisation (CTO) leadership strategy conference to be held in Barbados next month between 9-12th October 2010. The CTO is a Barbados-based development and sustainable tourism organisation representing all 34 Caribbean countries and territories which all play an important role in the way the market for Caribbean holidays develop.
Besides attending formal meetings with various Caribbean ministers and commissioners of tourism, Walsh will deliver the keynote speech at the Sunday morning conference on the future of intercontinental travel and the importance of partnerships between airlines and the holiday destinations they serve. One of the highlights of the conference will be a BA-hosted dinner scheduled for Sunday 10th October.
Walsh’s imminent visit to the Caribbean will highlight BA’s commitment to regions like the Caribbean whose economies depend heavily on the tourism and Caribbean holidays sector. He will also attend a fundraising lunch in aid of the CTO Foundation, where he will also be addressing university students and local business leaders.
Commenting on his forthcoming visit, Willie Walsh said, “We have a long and proud history of serving the Caribbean stretching back many decades. It is a favourite holiday destination for thousands of our customers who return time and again to enjoy the fantastic Caribbean hospitality.
“I am looking forward to visiting Barbados to see how British Airways can continue to contribute to one of the world’s premiere tourist destinations and to discuss the challenges facing us.
“As the world emerges from recession, we must be careful to ensure that our policy-making - in regard to taxation and other matters - encourages recovery in all regions of the world, particularly those where international tourism is a critical mainstay of the economy.”
Hugh Riley, secretary general of the Caribbean Tourism Organisation, added to this, “The CTO is delighted at Mr Walsh’s visit. We have always been grateful for the crucial support that British Airways has shown our region over the years and we feel very honoured that the company’s chief executive will be helping the Caribbean’s tourism experts to consider how our region can remain competitive, enhancing our brand and staying ahead of current marketing innovations.
“It’s also very exciting for our region to see the launch of such a prestigious, large-scale leadership strategy conference, attended by so many high profile individuals and we look forward to seeing the outcome and benefits to the Caribbean.”
As part of of the CTO events planned, the conference will include a business component during which a new CTO chairman will be elected to represent the Caribbean holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...