Cuba holidays for Heavy Metal lovers with Grand Fiesta
Party and concert goers (especially the heavy metal kind) will be delighted with the Cuban Grand Fiesta if they happen to be enjoying Cuba holidays during the time. The event is due to take place in Havana and Pinar del Rio from 2-7 September 2010.
For lovers of heavy metal or curious travellers wanting to shake their heads to a live electro-acoustic concert during the Cuba holidays, a formal announcement has been released for the Brutal Fest 2010: Grand Fiesta of Metal in Cuba. The event is due to take place between 2-7th September 2010 with concerts in Havana and Pinar del Rio.
According to the introductory note on the press release, two years ago, on 31st May, 2008, an unprecedented event in the history of rock in Cuba took place. On that day a dozen national metal groups were present at the Salon Rosado de La Tropical to promote the launching of the compilation “Not Salsa, Just Brutal Music,” published by the French label Brutal Beatdown Records.
The concert turned into a veritable fiesta,specifically dubbed “Brutal Fest.” This was possible thanks to the joint effort of that record label and the Cuban Rock Agency (ACR). The attendance of more than 6,000 followers of the genre and the success achieved at the organizational level were reasons to conceive of the possibility of a repeat engagement.
Heavy metal fans will be able to enjoy a unique event in Cuba if taking the time to attend the festival as part of the attractions and things to do while enjoying holidays in Cuba. As a result of the collaboration between ACR and Brutal Beatdown, the second edition of the Brutal Fest will take place this year will run from Thursday 2nd September to Sunday 5th September 2010. In Havana the concerts will be held in the Maxim theatre (the headquarters of ACR), located at 62 Bruzon Street, between Ayestaran and Almendares streets in the Plaza de la Revolucion municipality.
On 7th September, Brutal Fest will change location and head to the western Cuban city of Pinar del Rio. On this occasion six foreign bands will also be participating (Cardiac, Sedative, Deadly Sin Orgy, F.O.A.D., Destronork and Stortregn) together with four Cuban bands (Escape, Combat Noise, Ancestor and Jeffrey Dahmer).
These activities are taking place with the support of the Embassy of France in Cuba, Havana Club, Cuba Autrement and Los Portales.
If interested in taking time from your Cuba holidays to engage in these events, you can find out more about it all by logging on the Website of the Maxim Rock / Cuban Rock Agency at maximrock.com and the Website of Brutal Beatdown Records at brutalbeatdown.com and davidchapet.tumblr.com. Alternatively you can also check it out on Facebook under Festival Brutal Fest 2010 Cuba in Facebook at facebook.com/pages/Brutal-Fest-2010-Cuba/100809576639995
For more info you can also call Cuba directly on Brutal Beatdown Records's telephone number - (+537) 794-2363 and (+535) 270-8437 and Cuban Rock Agency: tel. (+537) 877-5925
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...