Cuba holidays for Heavy Metal lovers with Grand Fiesta
Party and concert goers (especially the heavy metal kind) will be delighted with the Cuban Grand Fiesta if they happen to be enjoying Cuba holidays during the time. The event is due to take place in Havana and Pinar del Rio from 2-7 September 2010.
For lovers of heavy metal or curious travellers wanting to shake their heads to a live electro-acoustic concert during the Cuba holidays, a formal announcement has been released for the Brutal Fest 2010: Grand Fiesta of Metal in Cuba. The event is due to take place between 2-7th September 2010 with concerts in Havana and Pinar del Rio.
According to the introductory note on the press release, two years ago, on 31st May, 2008, an unprecedented event in the history of rock in Cuba took place. On that day a dozen national metal groups were present at the Salon Rosado de La Tropical to promote the launching of the compilation “Not Salsa, Just Brutal Music,” published by the French label Brutal Beatdown Records.
The concert turned into a veritable fiesta,specifically dubbed “Brutal Fest.” This was possible thanks to the joint effort of that record label and the Cuban Rock Agency (ACR). The attendance of more than 6,000 followers of the genre and the success achieved at the organizational level were reasons to conceive of the possibility of a repeat engagement.
Heavy metal fans will be able to enjoy a unique event in Cuba if taking the time to attend the festival as part of the attractions and things to do while enjoying holidays in Cuba. As a result of the collaboration between ACR and Brutal Beatdown, the second edition of the Brutal Fest will take place this year will run from Thursday 2nd September to Sunday 5th September 2010. In Havana the concerts will be held in the Maxim theatre (the headquarters of ACR), located at 62 Bruzon Street, between Ayestaran and Almendares streets in the Plaza de la Revolucion municipality.
On 7th September, Brutal Fest will change location and head to the western Cuban city of Pinar del Rio. On this occasion six foreign bands will also be participating (Cardiac, Sedative, Deadly Sin Orgy, F.O.A.D., Destronork and Stortregn) together with four Cuban bands (Escape, Combat Noise, Ancestor and Jeffrey Dahmer).
These activities are taking place with the support of the Embassy of France in Cuba, Havana Club, Cuba Autrement and Los Portales.
If interested in taking time from your Cuba holidays to engage in these events, you can find out more about it all by logging on the Website of the Maxim Rock / Cuban Rock Agency at maximrock.com and the Website of Brutal Beatdown Records at brutalbeatdown.com and davidchapet.tumblr.com. Alternatively you can also check it out on Facebook under Festival Brutal Fest 2010 Cuba in Facebook at facebook.com/pages/Brutal-Fest-2010-Cuba/100809576639995
For more info you can also call Cuba directly on Brutal Beatdown Records's telephone number - (+537) 794-2363 and (+535) 270-8437 and Cuban Rock Agency: tel. (+537) 877-5925
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...