Cuba holidays for Heavy Metal lovers with Grand Fiesta
Party and concert goers (especially the heavy metal kind) will be delighted with the Cuban Grand Fiesta if they happen to be enjoying Cuba holidays during the time. The event is due to take place in Havana and Pinar del Rio from 2-7 September 2010.
For lovers of heavy metal or curious travellers wanting to shake their heads to a live electro-acoustic concert during the Cuba holidays, a formal announcement has been released for the Brutal Fest 2010: Grand Fiesta of Metal in Cuba. The event is due to take place between 2-7th September 2010 with concerts in Havana and Pinar del Rio.
According to the introductory note on the press release, two years ago, on 31st May, 2008, an unprecedented event in the history of rock in Cuba took place. On that day a dozen national metal groups were present at the Salon Rosado de La Tropical to promote the launching of the compilation “Not Salsa, Just Brutal Music,” published by the French label Brutal Beatdown Records.
The concert turned into a veritable fiesta,specifically dubbed “Brutal Fest.” This was possible thanks to the joint effort of that record label and the Cuban Rock Agency (ACR). The attendance of more than 6,000 followers of the genre and the success achieved at the organizational level were reasons to conceive of the possibility of a repeat engagement.
Heavy metal fans will be able to enjoy a unique event in Cuba if taking the time to attend the festival as part of the attractions and things to do while enjoying holidays in Cuba. As a result of the collaboration between ACR and Brutal Beatdown, the second edition of the Brutal Fest will take place this year will run from Thursday 2nd September to Sunday 5th September 2010. In Havana the concerts will be held in the Maxim theatre (the headquarters of ACR), located at 62 Bruzon Street, between Ayestaran and Almendares streets in the Plaza de la Revolucion municipality.
On 7th September, Brutal Fest will change location and head to the western Cuban city of Pinar del Rio. On this occasion six foreign bands will also be participating (Cardiac, Sedative, Deadly Sin Orgy, F.O.A.D., Destronork and Stortregn) together with four Cuban bands (Escape, Combat Noise, Ancestor and Jeffrey Dahmer).
These activities are taking place with the support of the Embassy of France in Cuba, Havana Club, Cuba Autrement and Los Portales.
If interested in taking time from your Cuba holidays to engage in these events, you can find out more about it all by logging on the Website of the Maxim Rock / Cuban Rock Agency at maximrock.com and the Website of Brutal Beatdown Records at brutalbeatdown.com and davidchapet.tumblr.com. Alternatively you can also check it out on Facebook under Festival Brutal Fest 2010 Cuba in Facebook at facebook.com/pages/Brutal-Fest-2010-Cuba/100809576639995
For more info you can also call Cuba directly on Brutal Beatdown Records's telephone number - (+537) 794-2363 and (+535) 270-8437 and Cuban Rock Agency: tel. (+537) 877-5925
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...