Cuba holidays for Heavy Metal lovers with Grand Fiesta
Party and concert goers (especially the heavy metal kind) will be delighted with the Cuban Grand Fiesta if they happen to be enjoying Cuba holidays during the time. The event is due to take place in Havana and Pinar del Rio from 2-7 September 2010.
For lovers of heavy metal or curious travellers wanting to shake their heads to a live electro-acoustic concert during the Cuba holidays, a formal announcement has been released for the Brutal Fest 2010: Grand Fiesta of Metal in Cuba. The event is due to take place between 2-7th September 2010 with concerts in Havana and Pinar del Rio.
According to the introductory note on the press release, two years ago, on 31st May, 2008, an unprecedented event in the history of rock in Cuba took place. On that day a dozen national metal groups were present at the Salon Rosado de La Tropical to promote the launching of the compilation “Not Salsa, Just Brutal Music,” published by the French label Brutal Beatdown Records.
The concert turned into a veritable fiesta,specifically dubbed “Brutal Fest.” This was possible thanks to the joint effort of that record label and the Cuban Rock Agency (ACR). The attendance of more than 6,000 followers of the genre and the success achieved at the organizational level were reasons to conceive of the possibility of a repeat engagement.
Heavy metal fans will be able to enjoy a unique event in Cuba if taking the time to attend the festival as part of the attractions and things to do while enjoying holidays in Cuba. As a result of the collaboration between ACR and Brutal Beatdown, the second edition of the Brutal Fest will take place this year will run from Thursday 2nd September to Sunday 5th September 2010. In Havana the concerts will be held in the Maxim theatre (the headquarters of ACR), located at 62 Bruzon Street, between Ayestaran and Almendares streets in the Plaza de la Revolucion municipality.
On 7th September, Brutal Fest will change location and head to the western Cuban city of Pinar del Rio. On this occasion six foreign bands will also be participating (Cardiac, Sedative, Deadly Sin Orgy, F.O.A.D., Destronork and Stortregn) together with four Cuban bands (Escape, Combat Noise, Ancestor and Jeffrey Dahmer).
These activities are taking place with the support of the Embassy of France in Cuba, Havana Club, Cuba Autrement and Los Portales.
If interested in taking time from your Cuba holidays to engage in these events, you can find out more about it all by logging on the Website of the Maxim Rock / Cuban Rock Agency at maximrock.com and the Website of Brutal Beatdown Records at brutalbeatdown.com and davidchapet.tumblr.com. Alternatively you can also check it out on Facebook under Festival Brutal Fest 2010 Cuba in Facebook at facebook.com/pages/Brutal-Fest-2010-Cuba/100809576639995
For more info you can also call Cuba directly on Brutal Beatdown Records's telephone number - (+537) 794-2363 and (+535) 270-8437 and Cuban Rock Agency: tel. (+537) 877-5925
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...