Virgin Atlantic expands Caribbean flights indicating travel industry recovery
The airline, Virgin Atlantic, will be increasing their Caribbean capacity by 20 per cent from October next year, showing that the airline is confidence that consumers are once again booking their Caribbean holidays after the recent recession.
Virgin Atlantic is proving its confidence in the recovery of the travel industry by expanding the capacity of Caribbean flights to Barbados, Grenada, Tobago and Cuba from October 2011.
The airline will be boosting their capacity of flights for Caribbean holidays by 20 percent by providing nearly 22,000 weekly seats as passenger demand globally is said to be up by 9.2 per cent.
According to the International Air Transport Association (IATA), freight traffic was up by 22.7 per cent in July and passenger demand increased by 9.2 per cent, indicating that the industry is on its way to recovery and above the industry's average growth rate of six per cent.
Despite the encouraging statistics, IATA is warning that the threat of a double dip recession may hinder any progress in the industry.
The Director General of the Association, Giovanni Bisignani, said:
"The recovery in demand has been faster than anticipated but the pace of the recovery will likely slow. Further growth will be largely determined by consumer spending, which remains weak."
Virgin Atlantic is a British airline and part of the Virgin Group which is owned by Sir Richard Branson. The airline provides travellers with Australian, Asian, African, Middle East and Caribbean holidays from many airports in the UK.
The airline boasts some of the industry's youngest fleet of Boeing and Airbus aircraft and is acquiring six new double decker style Airbus A380 aircraft, which are due to be delivered in 2015.
Travellers planning luxury holidays in the Caribbean will be able to choose from a number of idyllic destinations with Virgin Atlantic, including Jamaica, St Lucia, Cuba, Antigua, Barbados, Tobago, and Grenada. The airline offers Economy, Premium Economy and Upper Class seats for passengers enjoying Caribbean holidays and numerous weekly flights departing from London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Manchester, and Glasgow.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...