Virgin Atlantic expands Caribbean flights indicating travel industry recovery
The airline, Virgin Atlantic, will be increasing their Caribbean capacity by 20 per cent from October next year, showing that the airline is confidence that consumers are once again booking their Caribbean holidays after the recent recession.
Virgin Atlantic is proving its confidence in the recovery of the travel industry by expanding the capacity of Caribbean flights to Barbados, Grenada, Tobago and Cuba from October 2011.
The airline will be boosting their capacity of flights for Caribbean holidays by 20 percent by providing nearly 22,000 weekly seats as passenger demand globally is said to be up by 9.2 per cent.
According to the International Air Transport Association (IATA), freight traffic was up by 22.7 per cent in July and passenger demand increased by 9.2 per cent, indicating that the industry is on its way to recovery and above the industry's average growth rate of six per cent.
Despite the encouraging statistics, IATA is warning that the threat of a double dip recession may hinder any progress in the industry.
The Director General of the Association, Giovanni Bisignani, said:
"The recovery in demand has been faster than anticipated but the pace of the recovery will likely slow. Further growth will be largely determined by consumer spending, which remains weak."
Virgin Atlantic is a British airline and part of the Virgin Group which is owned by Sir Richard Branson. The airline provides travellers with Australian, Asian, African, Middle East and Caribbean holidays from many airports in the UK.
The airline boasts some of the industry's youngest fleet of Boeing and Airbus aircraft and is acquiring six new double decker style Airbus A380 aircraft, which are due to be delivered in 2015.
Travellers planning luxury holidays in the Caribbean will be able to choose from a number of idyllic destinations with Virgin Atlantic, including Jamaica, St Lucia, Cuba, Antigua, Barbados, Tobago, and Grenada. The airline offers Economy, Premium Economy and Upper Class seats for passengers enjoying Caribbean holidays and numerous weekly flights departing from London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Manchester, and Glasgow.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Enjoy a taste of Thailand with a complimentary cooking class
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...