Virgin Atlantic expands Caribbean flights indicating travel industry recovery
The airline, Virgin Atlantic, will be increasing their Caribbean capacity by 20 per cent from October next year, showing that the airline is confidence that consumers are once again booking their Caribbean holidays after the recent recession.
Virgin Atlantic is proving its confidence in the recovery of the travel industry by expanding the capacity of Caribbean flights to Barbados, Grenada, Tobago and Cuba from October 2011.
The airline will be boosting their capacity of flights for Caribbean holidays by 20 percent by providing nearly 22,000 weekly seats as passenger demand globally is said to be up by 9.2 per cent.
According to the International Air Transport Association (IATA), freight traffic was up by 22.7 per cent in July and passenger demand increased by 9.2 per cent, indicating that the industry is on its way to recovery and above the industry's average growth rate of six per cent.
Despite the encouraging statistics, IATA is warning that the threat of a double dip recession may hinder any progress in the industry.
The Director General of the Association, Giovanni Bisignani, said:
"The recovery in demand has been faster than anticipated but the pace of the recovery will likely slow. Further growth will be largely determined by consumer spending, which remains weak."
Virgin Atlantic is a British airline and part of the Virgin Group which is owned by Sir Richard Branson. The airline provides travellers with Australian, Asian, African, Middle East and Caribbean holidays from many airports in the UK.
The airline boasts some of the industry's youngest fleet of Boeing and Airbus aircraft and is acquiring six new double decker style Airbus A380 aircraft, which are due to be delivered in 2015.
Travellers planning luxury holidays in the Caribbean will be able to choose from a number of idyllic destinations with Virgin Atlantic, including Jamaica, St Lucia, Cuba, Antigua, Barbados, Tobago, and Grenada. The airline offers Economy, Premium Economy and Upper Class seats for passengers enjoying Caribbean holidays and numerous weekly flights departing from London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Manchester, and Glasgow.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...