Virgin Atlantic expands Caribbean flights indicating travel industry recovery
The airline, Virgin Atlantic, will be increasing their Caribbean capacity by 20 per cent from October next year, showing that the airline is confidence that consumers are once again booking their Caribbean holidays after the recent recession.
Virgin Atlantic is proving its confidence in the recovery of the travel industry by expanding the capacity of Caribbean flights to Barbados, Grenada, Tobago and Cuba from October 2011.
The airline will be boosting their capacity of flights for Caribbean holidays by 20 percent by providing nearly 22,000 weekly seats as passenger demand globally is said to be up by 9.2 per cent.
According to the International Air Transport Association (IATA), freight traffic was up by 22.7 per cent in July and passenger demand increased by 9.2 per cent, indicating that the industry is on its way to recovery and above the industry's average growth rate of six per cent.
Despite the encouraging statistics, IATA is warning that the threat of a double dip recession may hinder any progress in the industry.
The Director General of the Association, Giovanni Bisignani, said:
"The recovery in demand has been faster than anticipated but the pace of the recovery will likely slow. Further growth will be largely determined by consumer spending, which remains weak."
Virgin Atlantic is a British airline and part of the Virgin Group which is owned by Sir Richard Branson. The airline provides travellers with Australian, Asian, African, Middle East and Caribbean holidays from many airports in the UK.
The airline boasts some of the industry's youngest fleet of Boeing and Airbus aircraft and is acquiring six new double decker style Airbus A380 aircraft, which are due to be delivered in 2015.
Travellers planning luxury holidays in the Caribbean will be able to choose from a number of idyllic destinations with Virgin Atlantic, including Jamaica, St Lucia, Cuba, Antigua, Barbados, Tobago, and Grenada. The airline offers Economy, Premium Economy and Upper Class seats for passengers enjoying Caribbean holidays and numerous weekly flights departing from London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Manchester, and Glasgow.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...