Landmark Sancti Spiritus hotel in Cuba re-opens
The former Hotel Perla in the central province of Sancti Spiritus was recently re-opened after a complete renovation which converted it in a commercial centre. No longer operating as a hotel, the building's colonial exterior was meticulously preserved.
Now being a new option of places to shop during Cuba holidays in the most central area of the country, the former Hotel Perla de Cuba, in the central city of Sancti Spiritus, was recently re-opened to welcome travellers and shoppers, this time as a large commercial centre.
After having been subject to extensive renovation works for several years, the former Hotel Perla de Cuba, finally opened its doors to the public again as a TRD Caribe chain’s department store, giving travellers in search of good shopping outlets to browse while on their Cuba holidays with a fantastic chance to purchase souvenirs, clothes, ornamental decorations and excellent boutique items.
Despite the intensive remodelation works, the hotel keeps its orginal old charm appeal since the original architecture was meticulously preserved. This eclectic-style building had the two first stories built back in 1915, while the third floor was constructed later on in 1925.
According to TRD Caribe chain’s sources, the redevelopment works were always supervised by experts from the heritage offices in this territory to protect the historic values of the island, both for citizens and those who come to enjoy it during Cuba holidays.
Although the building’s original corporate purpose is not present anymore, all of the hotel rooms were saved and turned into different sale departments.
This legendary hotel exudes old colonial age glamour and is situated amidst Cuba's mountainous Escambray chain, famous for being one of the strategic places from where Fidel's revolution guerrila started.
The abovementioned sources also said that the store features nine selling areas which makes the place the largest of its kind in the province and one of the region’s most spacious.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic Varadero City Tour
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- All inclusive features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
- Fantastic all-inclusive package with unlimited drinks 24/7
- Excellent selection of bars and restaurants Offers 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel during summer 2017
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a fantastic Havana City Tour
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...