Landmark Sancti Spiritus hotel in Cuba re-opens
The former Hotel Perla in the central province of Sancti Spiritus was recently re-opened after a complete renovation which converted it in a commercial centre. No longer operating as a hotel, the building's colonial exterior was meticulously preserved.
Now being a new option of places to shop during Cuba holidays in the most central area of the country, the former Hotel Perla de Cuba, in the central city of Sancti Spiritus, was recently re-opened to welcome travellers and shoppers, this time as a large commercial centre.
After having been subject to extensive renovation works for several years, the former Hotel Perla de Cuba, finally opened its doors to the public again as a TRD Caribe chain’s department store, giving travellers in search of good shopping outlets to browse while on their Cuba holidays with a fantastic chance to purchase souvenirs, clothes, ornamental decorations and excellent boutique items.
Despite the intensive remodelation works, the hotel keeps its orginal old charm appeal since the original architecture was meticulously preserved. This eclectic-style building had the two first stories built back in 1915, while the third floor was constructed later on in 1925.
According to TRD Caribe chain’s sources, the redevelopment works were always supervised by experts from the heritage offices in this territory to protect the historic values of the island, both for citizens and those who come to enjoy it during Cuba holidays.
Although the building’s original corporate purpose is not present anymore, all of the hotel rooms were saved and turned into different sale departments.
This legendary hotel exudes old colonial age glamour and is situated amidst Cuba's mountainous Escambray chain, famous for being one of the strategic places from where Fidel's revolution guerrila started.
The abovementioned sources also said that the store features nine selling areas which makes the place the largest of its kind in the province and one of the region’s most spacious.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Activities throughout the day at IBEROSTAR Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- IBEROSTAR Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Submerge yourself into the interesting culture of Old Havana while you spend 8 days at one of its most centric and...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...