Landmark Sancti Spiritus hotel in Cuba re-opens
The former Hotel Perla in the central province of Sancti Spiritus was recently re-opened after a complete renovation which converted it in a commercial centre. No longer operating as a hotel, the building's colonial exterior was meticulously preserved.
Now being a new option of places to shop during Cuba holidays in the most central area of the country, the former Hotel Perla de Cuba, in the central city of Sancti Spiritus, was recently re-opened to welcome travellers and shoppers, this time as a large commercial centre.
After having been subject to extensive renovation works for several years, the former Hotel Perla de Cuba, finally opened its doors to the public again as a TRD Caribe chain’s department store, giving travellers in search of good shopping outlets to browse while on their Cuba holidays with a fantastic chance to purchase souvenirs, clothes, ornamental decorations and excellent boutique items.
Despite the intensive remodelation works, the hotel keeps its orginal old charm appeal since the original architecture was meticulously preserved. This eclectic-style building had the two first stories built back in 1915, while the third floor was constructed later on in 1925.
According to TRD Caribe chain’s sources, the redevelopment works were always supervised by experts from the heritage offices in this territory to protect the historic values of the island, both for citizens and those who come to enjoy it during Cuba holidays.
Although the building’s original corporate purpose is not present anymore, all of the hotel rooms were saved and turned into different sale departments.
This legendary hotel exudes old colonial age glamour and is situated amidst Cuba's mountainous Escambray chain, famous for being one of the strategic places from where Fidel's revolution guerrila started.
The abovementioned sources also said that the store features nine selling areas which makes the place the largest of its kind in the province and one of the region’s most spacious.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...