Landmark Sancti Spiritus hotel in Cuba re-opens
The former Hotel Perla in the central province of Sancti Spiritus was recently re-opened after a complete renovation which converted it in a commercial centre. No longer operating as a hotel, the building's colonial exterior was meticulously preserved.
Now being a new option of places to shop during Cuba holidays in the most central area of the country, the former Hotel Perla de Cuba, in the central city of Sancti Spiritus, was recently re-opened to welcome travellers and shoppers, this time as a large commercial centre.
After having been subject to extensive renovation works for several years, the former Hotel Perla de Cuba, finally opened its doors to the public again as a TRD Caribe chain’s department store, giving travellers in search of good shopping outlets to browse while on their Cuba holidays with a fantastic chance to purchase souvenirs, clothes, ornamental decorations and excellent boutique items.
Despite the intensive remodelation works, the hotel keeps its orginal old charm appeal since the original architecture was meticulously preserved. This eclectic-style building had the two first stories built back in 1915, while the third floor was constructed later on in 1925.
According to TRD Caribe chain’s sources, the redevelopment works were always supervised by experts from the heritage offices in this territory to protect the historic values of the island, both for citizens and those who come to enjoy it during Cuba holidays.
Although the building’s original corporate purpose is not present anymore, all of the hotel rooms were saved and turned into different sale departments.
This legendary hotel exudes old colonial age glamour and is situated amidst Cuba's mountainous Escambray chain, famous for being one of the strategic places from where Fidel's revolution guerrila started.
The abovementioned sources also said that the store features nine selling areas which makes the place the largest of its kind in the province and one of the region’s most spacious.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...