Landmark Sancti Spiritus hotel in Cuba re-opens
The former Hotel Perla in the central province of Sancti Spiritus was recently re-opened after a complete renovation which converted it in a commercial centre. No longer operating as a hotel, the building's colonial exterior was meticulously preserved.
Now being a new option of places to shop during Cuba holidays in the most central area of the country, the former Hotel Perla de Cuba, in the central city of Sancti Spiritus, was recently re-opened to welcome travellers and shoppers, this time as a large commercial centre.
After having been subject to extensive renovation works for several years, the former Hotel Perla de Cuba, finally opened its doors to the public again as a TRD Caribe chain’s department store, giving travellers in search of good shopping outlets to browse while on their Cuba holidays with a fantastic chance to purchase souvenirs, clothes, ornamental decorations and excellent boutique items.
Despite the intensive remodelation works, the hotel keeps its orginal old charm appeal since the original architecture was meticulously preserved. This eclectic-style building had the two first stories built back in 1915, while the third floor was constructed later on in 1925.
According to TRD Caribe chain’s sources, the redevelopment works were always supervised by experts from the heritage offices in this territory to protect the historic values of the island, both for citizens and those who come to enjoy it during Cuba holidays.
Although the building’s original corporate purpose is not present anymore, all of the hotel rooms were saved and turned into different sale departments.
This legendary hotel exudes old colonial age glamour and is situated amidst Cuba's mountainous Escambray chain, famous for being one of the strategic places from where Fidel's revolution guerrila started.
The abovementioned sources also said that the store features nine selling areas which makes the place the largest of its kind in the province and one of the region’s most spacious.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Exclusive Free upgrade to the Bungalow Suite
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...