Abu Dhabi holidays go from strength to strength
With dramatic rises reported in the number of travellers choosing Abu Dhabi holidays as their favoured destination in the Middle East, the Arab emirate is enjoying an unprecedented boom in the tourism sector with growths of up to 16% in terms of visitors.
Contributing to the emirate's healthy and growing tourism industry, last month Abu Dhabi holidays saw a 16% rise in the number guests staying in the emirate’s 116 licensed Abu Dhabi hotels and hotel apartments, when compared against the figures from last year in July 2009.
According to the report released by Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA), guest numbers enjoying Abu Dhabi holidays rose to a total of 137,714 with the numbers of nights stayed totalling 376,439, and marking a further 24% increase on July 2009's figures The average length of stay also increased by 6% to stand at 2.73 nights.
The figures, just make July the ninth consecutive month of double-digit guests growth for the emirate which, for the first time ever experienced an international market growth of 29%, outstripping domestic growth margins, which grew 4%.
The UAE still accounted for the largest number of guests in July with some 63,027 staying in the emirate’s hotels. The UK came in as the largest international market with 7,101 guests - a 27% rise on July 2009. Saudi Arabia also turned in substantial growth of 47% with 4,682 guests, while guests from France increased 36% to 2,070.
Additional room capacity continued to drive down overall occupancy levels which are 13% lower than July 2009, with average room rates down by 23%. Hotel apartments achieved a healthier 72% occupancy rate against their hotel counterparts, which managed 54%.
“Growth in what is traditionally a slow summer month for Abu Dhabi is immensely encouraging,” said His Excellency Mubarak Al Muhairi, Director General, ADTA.
“Our guest performance this year has now gone over the million market leaving us well placed to meet, if not exceed, our 2010 target of 1.65 million. We are confident because of what lies ahead in the coming months for Abu Dhabi.
“We believe the October launch of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi will have strong regional and international appeal. Additionally, November’s staging of the Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix is shaping up to be a thrilling finale for the F1 season.
“Furthermore, we have a strong business tourism line-up with a highlight being this November’s staging of the inaugural World Green Tourism Summit Abu Dhabi, which has a powerful international speaker and exhibitor line-up.”
Furthermore, a total of 1,074,293 guests stayed in Abu Dhabi’s hotels and hotel apartments from January to July this year. This is a 16% increase on the same period last year. Food and beverage revenues grew 14% over the same comparative period and now account for 35% of all hotel revenues.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Stay entertained with daily activities, land sports, water sports and lively shows
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Under 17's Stay, Play and Eat free at this magnificent resort sure to make for a holiday of a lifetime
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge worth $1400
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...