Abu Dhabi holidays go from strength to strength
With dramatic rises reported in the number of travellers choosing Abu Dhabi holidays as their favoured destination in the Middle East, the Arab emirate is enjoying an unprecedented boom in the tourism sector with growths of up to 16% in terms of visitors.
Contributing to the emirate's healthy and growing tourism industry, last month Abu Dhabi holidays saw a 16% rise in the number guests staying in the emirate’s 116 licensed Abu Dhabi hotels and hotel apartments, when compared against the figures from last year in July 2009.
According to the report released by Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA), guest numbers enjoying Abu Dhabi holidays rose to a total of 137,714 with the numbers of nights stayed totalling 376,439, and marking a further 24% increase on July 2009's figures The average length of stay also increased by 6% to stand at 2.73 nights.
The figures, just make July the ninth consecutive month of double-digit guests growth for the emirate which, for the first time ever experienced an international market growth of 29%, outstripping domestic growth margins, which grew 4%.
The UAE still accounted for the largest number of guests in July with some 63,027 staying in the emirate’s hotels. The UK came in as the largest international market with 7,101 guests - a 27% rise on July 2009. Saudi Arabia also turned in substantial growth of 47% with 4,682 guests, while guests from France increased 36% to 2,070.
Additional room capacity continued to drive down overall occupancy levels which are 13% lower than July 2009, with average room rates down by 23%. Hotel apartments achieved a healthier 72% occupancy rate against their hotel counterparts, which managed 54%.
“Growth in what is traditionally a slow summer month for Abu Dhabi is immensely encouraging,” said His Excellency Mubarak Al Muhairi, Director General, ADTA.
“Our guest performance this year has now gone over the million market leaving us well placed to meet, if not exceed, our 2010 target of 1.65 million. We are confident because of what lies ahead in the coming months for Abu Dhabi.
“We believe the October launch of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi will have strong regional and international appeal. Additionally, November’s staging of the Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix is shaping up to be a thrilling finale for the F1 season.
“Furthermore, we have a strong business tourism line-up with a highlight being this November’s staging of the inaugural World Green Tourism Summit Abu Dhabi, which has a powerful international speaker and exhibitor line-up.”
Furthermore, a total of 1,074,293 guests stayed in Abu Dhabi’s hotels and hotel apartments from January to July this year. This is a 16% increase on the same period last year. Food and beverage revenues grew 14% over the same comparative period and now account for 35% of all hotel revenues.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...