Abu Dhabi holidays go from strength to strength
With dramatic rises reported in the number of travellers choosing Abu Dhabi holidays as their favoured destination in the Middle East, the Arab emirate is enjoying an unprecedented boom in the tourism sector with growths of up to 16% in terms of visitors.
Contributing to the emirate's healthy and growing tourism industry, last month Abu Dhabi holidays saw a 16% rise in the number guests staying in the emirate’s 116 licensed Abu Dhabi hotels and hotel apartments, when compared against the figures from last year in July 2009.
According to the report released by Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA), guest numbers enjoying Abu Dhabi holidays rose to a total of 137,714 with the numbers of nights stayed totalling 376,439, and marking a further 24% increase on July 2009's figures The average length of stay also increased by 6% to stand at 2.73 nights.
The figures, just make July the ninth consecutive month of double-digit guests growth for the emirate which, for the first time ever experienced an international market growth of 29%, outstripping domestic growth margins, which grew 4%.
The UAE still accounted for the largest number of guests in July with some 63,027 staying in the emirate’s hotels. The UK came in as the largest international market with 7,101 guests - a 27% rise on July 2009. Saudi Arabia also turned in substantial growth of 47% with 4,682 guests, while guests from France increased 36% to 2,070.
Additional room capacity continued to drive down overall occupancy levels which are 13% lower than July 2009, with average room rates down by 23%. Hotel apartments achieved a healthier 72% occupancy rate against their hotel counterparts, which managed 54%.
“Growth in what is traditionally a slow summer month for Abu Dhabi is immensely encouraging,” said His Excellency Mubarak Al Muhairi, Director General, ADTA.
“Our guest performance this year has now gone over the million market leaving us well placed to meet, if not exceed, our 2010 target of 1.65 million. We are confident because of what lies ahead in the coming months for Abu Dhabi.
“We believe the October launch of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi will have strong regional and international appeal. Additionally, November’s staging of the Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix is shaping up to be a thrilling finale for the F1 season.
“Furthermore, we have a strong business tourism line-up with a highlight being this November’s staging of the inaugural World Green Tourism Summit Abu Dhabi, which has a powerful international speaker and exhibitor line-up.”
Furthermore, a total of 1,074,293 guests stayed in Abu Dhabi’s hotels and hotel apartments from January to July this year. This is a 16% increase on the same period last year. Food and beverage revenues grew 14% over the same comparative period and now account for 35% of all hotel revenues.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...