Abu Dhabi holidays go from strength to strength
With dramatic rises reported in the number of travellers choosing Abu Dhabi holidays as their favoured destination in the Middle East, the Arab emirate is enjoying an unprecedented boom in the tourism sector with growths of up to 16% in terms of visitors.
Contributing to the emirate's healthy and growing tourism industry, last month Abu Dhabi holidays saw a 16% rise in the number guests staying in the emirate’s 116 licensed Abu Dhabi hotels and hotel apartments, when compared against the figures from last year in July 2009.
According to the report released by Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA), guest numbers enjoying Abu Dhabi holidays rose to a total of 137,714 with the numbers of nights stayed totalling 376,439, and marking a further 24% increase on July 2009's figures The average length of stay also increased by 6% to stand at 2.73 nights.
The figures, just make July the ninth consecutive month of double-digit guests growth for the emirate which, for the first time ever experienced an international market growth of 29%, outstripping domestic growth margins, which grew 4%.
The UAE still accounted for the largest number of guests in July with some 63,027 staying in the emirate’s hotels. The UK came in as the largest international market with 7,101 guests - a 27% rise on July 2009. Saudi Arabia also turned in substantial growth of 47% with 4,682 guests, while guests from France increased 36% to 2,070.
Additional room capacity continued to drive down overall occupancy levels which are 13% lower than July 2009, with average room rates down by 23%. Hotel apartments achieved a healthier 72% occupancy rate against their hotel counterparts, which managed 54%.
“Growth in what is traditionally a slow summer month for Abu Dhabi is immensely encouraging,” said His Excellency Mubarak Al Muhairi, Director General, ADTA.
“Our guest performance this year has now gone over the million market leaving us well placed to meet, if not exceed, our 2010 target of 1.65 million. We are confident because of what lies ahead in the coming months for Abu Dhabi.
“We believe the October launch of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi will have strong regional and international appeal. Additionally, November’s staging of the Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix is shaping up to be a thrilling finale for the F1 season.
“Furthermore, we have a strong business tourism line-up with a highlight being this November’s staging of the inaugural World Green Tourism Summit Abu Dhabi, which has a powerful international speaker and exhibitor line-up.”
Furthermore, a total of 1,074,293 guests stayed in Abu Dhabi’s hotels and hotel apartments from January to July this year. This is a 16% increase on the same period last year. Food and beverage revenues grew 14% over the same comparative period and now account for 35% of all hotel revenues.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...