Abu Dhabi holidays go from strength to strength
With dramatic rises reported in the number of travellers choosing Abu Dhabi holidays as their favoured destination in the Middle East, the Arab emirate is enjoying an unprecedented boom in the tourism sector with growths of up to 16% in terms of visitors.
Contributing to the emirate's healthy and growing tourism industry, last month Abu Dhabi holidays saw a 16% rise in the number guests staying in the emirate’s 116 licensed Abu Dhabi hotels and hotel apartments, when compared against the figures from last year in July 2009.
According to the report released by Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA), guest numbers enjoying Abu Dhabi holidays rose to a total of 137,714 with the numbers of nights stayed totalling 376,439, and marking a further 24% increase on July 2009's figures The average length of stay also increased by 6% to stand at 2.73 nights.
The figures, just make July the ninth consecutive month of double-digit guests growth for the emirate which, for the first time ever experienced an international market growth of 29%, outstripping domestic growth margins, which grew 4%.
The UAE still accounted for the largest number of guests in July with some 63,027 staying in the emirate’s hotels. The UK came in as the largest international market with 7,101 guests - a 27% rise on July 2009. Saudi Arabia also turned in substantial growth of 47% with 4,682 guests, while guests from France increased 36% to 2,070.
Additional room capacity continued to drive down overall occupancy levels which are 13% lower than July 2009, with average room rates down by 23%. Hotel apartments achieved a healthier 72% occupancy rate against their hotel counterparts, which managed 54%.
“Growth in what is traditionally a slow summer month for Abu Dhabi is immensely encouraging,” said His Excellency Mubarak Al Muhairi, Director General, ADTA.
“Our guest performance this year has now gone over the million market leaving us well placed to meet, if not exceed, our 2010 target of 1.65 million. We are confident because of what lies ahead in the coming months for Abu Dhabi.
“We believe the October launch of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi will have strong regional and international appeal. Additionally, November’s staging of the Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix is shaping up to be a thrilling finale for the F1 season.
“Furthermore, we have a strong business tourism line-up with a highlight being this November’s staging of the inaugural World Green Tourism Summit Abu Dhabi, which has a powerful international speaker and exhibitor line-up.”
Furthermore, a total of 1,074,293 guests stayed in Abu Dhabi’s hotels and hotel apartments from January to July this year. This is a 16% increase on the same period last year. Food and beverage revenues grew 14% over the same comparative period and now account for 35% of all hotel revenues.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 25th April 2017
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Enjoy a fantastic Resort View to Garden View
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge
- Kids Stay, Play and Eat free
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...