Barbados holidays welcome new Dallas service
A new set of flights will start servicing Barbados holidays from 16th December 2010 as the Barbados Tourism Authority secured another first time route provided by American Airlines this time.
Taking another bold step to strengthen the position of Barbados holidays in the Caribbean, the Barbados Tourism Authority (BTA) has secured another first time service to the island, this time a new American Airlines Dallas service scheduled to commence on December 16, 2010.
According to Aviation Consultant at the BTA, Neville Boxil, the service, which will depart Dallas Fort Worth Airport (DFW) three days a week on Thursdays, Saturdays and Mondays, now offers the island a ‘whole new range of opportunities’ as it ‘connects to the entire west coast of the US.’
The aircraft type being utilized is a 757 configured 166 economy and 22 first class seats per flight, which translates into an additional 564 airline seats weekly or the equivalent of 29,328 seats on an annual basis to fill out of the USA market.
Besides increased air seat capacity, tourism officials also expect an easier air access to Barbados by consumers from the southeastern and western regions; expansion of distribution channels and product base; and, and improved performance from the USA for the remainder of 2010 and 2011, while developing new strategic alliances.
The service is expected to leave DFW Airport at 1.30 pm, arriving in Barbados at 9.00 pm. It will then depart Barbados each Friday, Sunday and Tuesday at 11:00 am, arriving DFW 3:30 pm.
In order to maximize exposure of the new service, the BTA’s Miami team is primed to embark on a Dallas promotional tour from September 7, where key cities will be targeted.
BTA representatives throughout the southeast and western regions will be pooled to blitz the distribution channels within a 90 minute drive zone of the main gateway and seamless connecting cities of the service.
The main objectives behind the BTA’s efforts are to educate, update and generate business/awareness amongst the local tourism and travel communities within the southeastern and western regions of the US.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Tradtional Bajan Style hotel that is walking distance from shops, bars and St Lawrence Gap
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- June Sale extended - with savings of upto 20% for travel up until 2019
The Rostrevor Hotel is a great value, family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , the fashionable and lively strip of Barbados
- Easy access to the shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
- One of the most affordable self-catering hotels in Barbados
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
- FREE roadtrip airport transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- Savings of up to 40% now available plus up to two children stay and play FREE for stays in 2018 and 2019
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...