Sol Melia opens new hotel for Egypt holidays in the Red Sea
Bringing the sunny hospitality of Spain to the Red Sea, the brand new Melia Sharm by the Spanish chain of Sol Melia hotels, has opened for the delight of travellers looking for top 5* luxury holidays in Sharm El Sheikh.
Bringing a touch of Spanish warmth to Egypt holidays in Sharm El Sheikh the Sol Melia Group have announced the opening of a new five-star resort in the Red Sea. The brand new Melia Sharm, located on the Red Sea coast and standing on the southern tip of the Sinai Peninsula, in what is considered to be one of the finest scuba diving locations in the world thanks to its spectacular coral reefs and marine biodiversity; is perfectly situated in an area attracts thousands of tourists every year and is already home to three Sol and Melia hotels.
The new hotel bringing fabulous Egypt holidays to Sharm El Sheikh holidaymakers is built in a sophisticated Arabian style and comprises a total of 468 rooms and suites. And from 1st October guests enjoying Egypt holidays here will also have access to the The Level - the most exclusive part of the hotel with a private lounge, open bar, butler service, private beach area, private swimming pool and relaxation area; as well as VIP rooms and services.
Dining options at the Melia Sharm are provided by four restaurants serving the best in regional and international cuisine in unique settings with spectacular views over the Red Sea: Spices (international cuisine), Aqua (a la carte Italian cuisine), Ô Grille (barbecue) and Gabi Lounge (chill out bar with light snacks by the main pool). There are also five bars to choose from including the lobby bar (open 24 hours), the Luna Lounge (private lounge for cocktails and cigars with a library and fabulous terrace), the pool bar, the beach bar and “Twist” with its live shows every day. And for the kids coming along with parents on their Egypt holidays, along with the Melia Sinai, the hotel will also be amongst the first to launch the new “Kids & Co by Meliá” family programme (implemented in Melia La Quinta and Melia Marbella Banus in Malaga), designed to satisfy the needs of younger guests during their stay.
Besides from all the grand dining and wining option facilities to be enjoyed during Egypt holidays here, the Melia Sharm also boasts a stunning three-storey lobby with magnificent sea views, four lagoon-style swimming pools with fountains, a gym, tennis court, multi-purpose sports court and a business centre with state-of-the-art facilities; including 800sqm of event space.
Enjoying a privileged location in Montazah Ras Nasrany Bay, just 7km from Sharm El Sheikh international airport, the Melia Sharm and its private beach offer great views of Tiran Island and are close to the Ras Mohamed National Park, home to some of the most fantastic diving sites in the world, including 800m high underwater cliffs and coral gardens. The Saint Catherine Monastery and Moses Mount are also nearby for added sightseeingn excursions during culturally-enriched Egypt holidays.
Melia Sharm is the fourth Sol Meliá property in Egypt, a growing resort destination forecast to receive around 14 million visitors in 2011, and continues the company’s growth into expanding markets across the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Stay in comfortable cabins with air-conditioning and elegant dining rooms
- Benefit from the fabulous view of karnak, valley of the kingsand the temple of Philae
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with all night entertainment like the belly dancing show and other typical Egyptian performances
- Enjoy the large sun deck with loungers and a swimming pool a massage service is also available on the sundeck
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonder, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £199pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
Now you can stop imagining how it would be to visit the cradle of mankind and paddle along the legendary River Nile and...
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Experience the thrill of a jaunt to the famous Valley of the Kings as you explore one of Egypt's touristic gems, Luxor....
Enjoying a central location in Luxor, directly on the banks of the Nile and within 10 min walking distance from Luxor...