Sol Melia opens new hotel for Egypt holidays in the Red Sea
Bringing the sunny hospitality of Spain to the Red Sea, the brand new Melia Sharm by the Spanish chain of Sol Melia hotels, has opened for the delight of travellers looking for top 5* luxury holidays in Sharm El Sheikh.
Bringing a touch of Spanish warmth to Egypt holidays in Sharm El Sheikh the Sol Melia Group have announced the opening of a new five-star resort in the Red Sea. The brand new Melia Sharm, located on the Red Sea coast and standing on the southern tip of the Sinai Peninsula, in what is considered to be one of the finest scuba diving locations in the world thanks to its spectacular coral reefs and marine biodiversity; is perfectly situated in an area attracts thousands of tourists every year and is already home to three Sol and Melia hotels.
The new hotel bringing fabulous Egypt holidays to Sharm El Sheikh holidaymakers is built in a sophisticated Arabian style and comprises a total of 468 rooms and suites. And from 1st October guests enjoying Egypt holidays here will also have access to the The Level - the most exclusive part of the hotel with a private lounge, open bar, butler service, private beach area, private swimming pool and relaxation area; as well as VIP rooms and services.
Dining options at the Melia Sharm are provided by four restaurants serving the best in regional and international cuisine in unique settings with spectacular views over the Red Sea: Spices (international cuisine), Aqua (a la carte Italian cuisine), Ô Grille (barbecue) and Gabi Lounge (chill out bar with light snacks by the main pool). There are also five bars to choose from including the lobby bar (open 24 hours), the Luna Lounge (private lounge for cocktails and cigars with a library and fabulous terrace), the pool bar, the beach bar and “Twist” with its live shows every day. And for the kids coming along with parents on their Egypt holidays, along with the Melia Sinai, the hotel will also be amongst the first to launch the new “Kids & Co by Meliá” family programme (implemented in Melia La Quinta and Melia Marbella Banus in Malaga), designed to satisfy the needs of younger guests during their stay.
Besides from all the grand dining and wining option facilities to be enjoyed during Egypt holidays here, the Melia Sharm also boasts a stunning three-storey lobby with magnificent sea views, four lagoon-style swimming pools with fountains, a gym, tennis court, multi-purpose sports court and a business centre with state-of-the-art facilities; including 800sqm of event space.
Enjoying a privileged location in Montazah Ras Nasrany Bay, just 7km from Sharm El Sheikh international airport, the Melia Sharm and its private beach offer great views of Tiran Island and are close to the Ras Mohamed National Park, home to some of the most fantastic diving sites in the world, including 800m high underwater cliffs and coral gardens. The Saint Catherine Monastery and Moses Mount are also nearby for added sightseeingn excursions during culturally-enriched Egypt holidays.
Melia Sharm is the fourth Sol Meliá property in Egypt, a growing resort destination forecast to receive around 14 million visitors in 2011, and continues the company’s growth into expanding markets across the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Ideal for those who love the sun and sea with its own private beach and marina, a professional diving centre, a water sports centre and swimming pools.
- A prime location, beside a lovely sandy beach, just minutes from buzz of downtown Hurghada
- Kids can enjoy their own kids' club and pool, whilst adults can play tennis, squash or beach volleyball
- Guests can unwind and enjoy the magnificent view from their private balcony
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Enjoy a memorable and romantic holiday in Egypt
- Benefit from the Sonesta Star Goddess Spa and enjoy a relaxing massage after a busy day of excursions
- Suites made for your comfortable stay with the best view
- Enjoy the swimming pool or relax on the sun deck where you can have a cocktail
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Seize this opportunity to explore the mystical land of Egypt as you spend a week next to the shores of the mighty Red...