Sol Melia opens new hotel for Egypt holidays in the Red Sea
Bringing the sunny hospitality of Spain to the Red Sea, the brand new Melia Sharm by the Spanish chain of Sol Melia hotels, has opened for the delight of travellers looking for top 5* luxury holidays in Sharm El Sheikh.
Bringing a touch of Spanish warmth to Egypt holidays in Sharm El Sheikh the Sol Melia Group have announced the opening of a new five-star resort in the Red Sea. The brand new Melia Sharm, located on the Red Sea coast and standing on the southern tip of the Sinai Peninsula, in what is considered to be one of the finest scuba diving locations in the world thanks to its spectacular coral reefs and marine biodiversity; is perfectly situated in an area attracts thousands of tourists every year and is already home to three Sol and Melia hotels.
The new hotel bringing fabulous Egypt holidays to Sharm El Sheikh holidaymakers is built in a sophisticated Arabian style and comprises a total of 468 rooms and suites. And from 1st October guests enjoying Egypt holidays here will also have access to the The Level - the most exclusive part of the hotel with a private lounge, open bar, butler service, private beach area, private swimming pool and relaxation area; as well as VIP rooms and services.
Dining options at the Melia Sharm are provided by four restaurants serving the best in regional and international cuisine in unique settings with spectacular views over the Red Sea: Spices (international cuisine), Aqua (a la carte Italian cuisine), Ô Grille (barbecue) and Gabi Lounge (chill out bar with light snacks by the main pool). There are also five bars to choose from including the lobby bar (open 24 hours), the Luna Lounge (private lounge for cocktails and cigars with a library and fabulous terrace), the pool bar, the beach bar and “Twist” with its live shows every day. And for the kids coming along with parents on their Egypt holidays, along with the Melia Sinai, the hotel will also be amongst the first to launch the new “Kids & Co by Meliá” family programme (implemented in Melia La Quinta and Melia Marbella Banus in Malaga), designed to satisfy the needs of younger guests during their stay.
Besides from all the grand dining and wining option facilities to be enjoyed during Egypt holidays here, the Melia Sharm also boasts a stunning three-storey lobby with magnificent sea views, four lagoon-style swimming pools with fountains, a gym, tennis court, multi-purpose sports court and a business centre with state-of-the-art facilities; including 800sqm of event space.
Enjoying a privileged location in Montazah Ras Nasrany Bay, just 7km from Sharm El Sheikh international airport, the Melia Sharm and its private beach offer great views of Tiran Island and are close to the Ras Mohamed National Park, home to some of the most fantastic diving sites in the world, including 800m high underwater cliffs and coral gardens. The Saint Catherine Monastery and Moses Mount are also nearby for added sightseeingn excursions during culturally-enriched Egypt holidays.
Melia Sharm is the fourth Sol Meliá property in Egypt, a growing resort destination forecast to receive around 14 million visitors in 2011, and continues the company’s growth into expanding markets across the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Guests can enjoy a treatment in the spa, explore the area on horseback, or enjoy a round of golf.
- A historic hotel with a rich and colourful history, the Mena house is surrounded by 40 acres of gardens, just 700 metres from the Pyramids
- One of the few hotels in Cairo to offer a golf course
- Relax in the Sultan bar with a cocktail in hand, whilst looking out to the pyramids or enjoy informal dining in the Oasis, a poolside restaurant
The most popular choice for divers, snorkellers and water sports enthusiasts, this is a resort that has it all.
- Relax and spoil yourself at the health club with gym, steam room and sauna
- Benefit from the Kids' Club with daily activities, an entertainment centre and their own playground
- Ideal location beside a private beach just 15 minutes from Hurghada airport and 20 kilometres from the centre of Hurghada
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
Discover Egypt's beautiful capital as you take a 15-day holiday at the amazing Sofitel El Gezirah hotel. Set on a small...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Make the Egyptian city of Luxor your home for eight days as you discover the timeless treasures that make this country...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Spoil yourself with an amazing historic holiday in the region of the Great Pyramids of Giza. Since 1869, the Mena House...