Sol Melia opens new hotel for Egypt holidays in the Red Sea
Bringing the sunny hospitality of Spain to the Red Sea, the brand new Melia Sharm by the Spanish chain of Sol Melia hotels, has opened for the delight of travellers looking for top 5* luxury holidays in Sharm El Sheikh.
Bringing a touch of Spanish warmth to Egypt holidays in Sharm El Sheikh the Sol Melia Group have announced the opening of a new five-star resort in the Red Sea. The brand new Melia Sharm, located on the Red Sea coast and standing on the southern tip of the Sinai Peninsula, in what is considered to be one of the finest scuba diving locations in the world thanks to its spectacular coral reefs and marine biodiversity; is perfectly situated in an area attracts thousands of tourists every year and is already home to three Sol and Melia hotels.
The new hotel bringing fabulous Egypt holidays to Sharm El Sheikh holidaymakers is built in a sophisticated Arabian style and comprises a total of 468 rooms and suites. And from 1st October guests enjoying Egypt holidays here will also have access to the The Level - the most exclusive part of the hotel with a private lounge, open bar, butler service, private beach area, private swimming pool and relaxation area; as well as VIP rooms and services.
Dining options at the Melia Sharm are provided by four restaurants serving the best in regional and international cuisine in unique settings with spectacular views over the Red Sea: Spices (international cuisine), Aqua (a la carte Italian cuisine), Ô Grille (barbecue) and Gabi Lounge (chill out bar with light snacks by the main pool). There are also five bars to choose from including the lobby bar (open 24 hours), the Luna Lounge (private lounge for cocktails and cigars with a library and fabulous terrace), the pool bar, the beach bar and “Twist” with its live shows every day. And for the kids coming along with parents on their Egypt holidays, along with the Melia Sinai, the hotel will also be amongst the first to launch the new “Kids & Co by Meliá” family programme (implemented in Melia La Quinta and Melia Marbella Banus in Malaga), designed to satisfy the needs of younger guests during their stay.
Besides from all the grand dining and wining option facilities to be enjoyed during Egypt holidays here, the Melia Sharm also boasts a stunning three-storey lobby with magnificent sea views, four lagoon-style swimming pools with fountains, a gym, tennis court, multi-purpose sports court and a business centre with state-of-the-art facilities; including 800sqm of event space.
Enjoying a privileged location in Montazah Ras Nasrany Bay, just 7km from Sharm El Sheikh international airport, the Melia Sharm and its private beach offer great views of Tiran Island and are close to the Ras Mohamed National Park, home to some of the most fantastic diving sites in the world, including 800m high underwater cliffs and coral gardens. The Saint Catherine Monastery and Moses Mount are also nearby for added sightseeingn excursions during culturally-enriched Egypt holidays.
Melia Sharm is the fourth Sol Meliá property in Egypt, a growing resort destination forecast to receive around 14 million visitors in 2011, and continues the company’s growth into expanding markets across the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Enjoy plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment at this luxury all inclusive resort
- Indulge in some spectacular cuisines with a wide variety of 11 restaurants and bars to choose from
- Make the most of your holiday with the on-site Pirates Diving School who offer a range of PADI courses suitable for all ages
- Enjoy a relaxing day on the private beach or let loose with a host of water sports on offer
Soma Bay Diving Centre offers guests a chance to explore the magnificent coral reefs in the tranquil calm waters of the Red Sea.
- The hotel's dramatic architecture was inspired by the temple at Karnak, combining the splendours of ancient egypt with the comforts of the modern world
- Guests can take advantage of the natural healing powers of the renowned waters and sands of Soma Bay
- The Red sea is renowned for its marine life so guests can take full advantage of the wonderful diving and snorkelling opportunities
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonder, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £249pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of Giza. Set just a...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers and Casino sits on the west bank of the River Nile offering magnificent views of the river...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...