ANA to reduce international fuel surcharge benefitting long-haul holidays
Affecting the routes they serve all around the world including Europe, North America and the Indian Ocean, ANA, the Japanese carrier is to reduce international fuel charges across all of its long-haul holiday destinations.
ANA, the Japanese carrier, recently applied to the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism to reduce its fuel surcharge on international flights from 1st October, 2010, thus enabling cheaper Caribbean holidays for Japanese travellers, as well as cheaper holidays in the Indian Ocean and North America. Making it easier for Japanese holidaymakers to plan for long-haul holidays across many world holiday destinations; the fuel surcharges are fixed for a period of two months, after which it will be revised on the basis of the average market price of Singapore kerosene for the two months previous to the date of application for revision. As jet fuel fell to an average of US$86.21 per barrel from June to July 2010, the surcharge will be fixed in the way explained below.
Surcharge Levels (per person per single sector):
- Europe, North America and Middle East to be reduced from 14,000 (Japan yens) to 10,500 beginning October, 2010
- Hawai and India to be reduced from 8500 (Japan yens) to 6000 beginning October, 2010
- Thailand, Singapor and Malaysia to be reduced from 6500 (Japan yens) to 4500 beginning October, 2010
- Vietnam and Saipan to be reduced from 4000 (Japan yens) to 3000 beginning October, 2010
- Hong Kong, Taiwan and China to be reduced from 3500 (Japan yens) to 2500 beginning October, 2010
- Korea to be reduced from 1000 (Japan yens) to 500 beginning October, 2010
Conditions for Revision (and removal) of the Surcharge :
- The fuel surcharge will not be revised for the two months from 1st October to 30th November, 2010 regardless of market movements. The levels stated are subject to government approval.
- The level of the fuel surcharge from December 1, 2010 will be fixed based on the average market price of Singapore kerosene for the months of August and September.
- If the two months average cost of Singapore kerosene falls below US$60 per barrel, the fuel surcharge will be removed altogether.
This could mark a brighter near future for tour operators and those in the travel business as it enables them to work with cheaper air fares and thus create more competitive products and packages in far-off destinations like Caribbean holidays, for example.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Submerge yourself into the interesting culture of Old Havana while you spend 8 days at one of its most centric and...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...