ANA to reduce international fuel surcharge benefitting long-haul holidays
Affecting the routes they serve all around the world including Europe, North America and the Indian Ocean, ANA, the Japanese carrier is to reduce international fuel charges across all of its long-haul holiday destinations.
ANA, the Japanese carrier, recently applied to the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism to reduce its fuel surcharge on international flights from 1st October, 2010, thus enabling cheaper Caribbean holidays for Japanese travellers, as well as cheaper holidays in the Indian Ocean and North America. Making it easier for Japanese holidaymakers to plan for long-haul holidays across many world holiday destinations; the fuel surcharges are fixed for a period of two months, after which it will be revised on the basis of the average market price of Singapore kerosene for the two months previous to the date of application for revision. As jet fuel fell to an average of US$86.21 per barrel from June to July 2010, the surcharge will be fixed in the way explained below.
Surcharge Levels (per person per single sector):
- Europe, North America and Middle East to be reduced from 14,000 (Japan yens) to 10,500 beginning October, 2010
- Hawai and India to be reduced from 8500 (Japan yens) to 6000 beginning October, 2010
- Thailand, Singapor and Malaysia to be reduced from 6500 (Japan yens) to 4500 beginning October, 2010
- Vietnam and Saipan to be reduced from 4000 (Japan yens) to 3000 beginning October, 2010
- Hong Kong, Taiwan and China to be reduced from 3500 (Japan yens) to 2500 beginning October, 2010
- Korea to be reduced from 1000 (Japan yens) to 500 beginning October, 2010
Conditions for Revision (and removal) of the Surcharge :
- The fuel surcharge will not be revised for the two months from 1st October to 30th November, 2010 regardless of market movements. The levels stated are subject to government approval.
- The level of the fuel surcharge from December 1, 2010 will be fixed based on the average market price of Singapore kerosene for the months of August and September.
- If the two months average cost of Singapore kerosene falls below US$60 per barrel, the fuel surcharge will be removed altogether.
This could mark a brighter near future for tour operators and those in the travel business as it enables them to work with cheaper air fares and thus create more competitive products and packages in far-off destinations like Caribbean holidays, for example.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel during summer 2017
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Now Onyx Punta Cana is brand new resort opening in November 2016 and aims to offer a vibrant and active Unlimited-Luxury...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...