ANA to reduce international fuel surcharge benefitting long-haul holidays
Affecting the routes they serve all around the world including Europe, North America and the Indian Ocean, ANA, the Japanese carrier is to reduce international fuel charges across all of its long-haul holiday destinations.
ANA, the Japanese carrier, recently applied to the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism to reduce its fuel surcharge on international flights from 1st October, 2010, thus enabling cheaper Caribbean holidays for Japanese travellers, as well as cheaper holidays in the Indian Ocean and North America. Making it easier for Japanese holidaymakers to plan for long-haul holidays across many world holiday destinations; the fuel surcharges are fixed for a period of two months, after which it will be revised on the basis of the average market price of Singapore kerosene for the two months previous to the date of application for revision. As jet fuel fell to an average of US$86.21 per barrel from June to July 2010, the surcharge will be fixed in the way explained below.
Surcharge Levels (per person per single sector):
- Europe, North America and Middle East to be reduced from 14,000 (Japan yens) to 10,500 beginning October, 2010
- Hawai and India to be reduced from 8500 (Japan yens) to 6000 beginning October, 2010
- Thailand, Singapor and Malaysia to be reduced from 6500 (Japan yens) to 4500 beginning October, 2010
- Vietnam and Saipan to be reduced from 4000 (Japan yens) to 3000 beginning October, 2010
- Hong Kong, Taiwan and China to be reduced from 3500 (Japan yens) to 2500 beginning October, 2010
- Korea to be reduced from 1000 (Japan yens) to 500 beginning October, 2010
Conditions for Revision (and removal) of the Surcharge :
- The fuel surcharge will not be revised for the two months from 1st October to 30th November, 2010 regardless of market movements. The levels stated are subject to government approval.
- The level of the fuel surcharge from December 1, 2010 will be fixed based on the average market price of Singapore kerosene for the months of August and September.
- If the two months average cost of Singapore kerosene falls below US$60 per barrel, the fuel surcharge will be removed altogether.
This could mark a brighter near future for tour operators and those in the travel business as it enables them to work with cheaper air fares and thus create more competitive products and packages in far-off destinations like Caribbean holidays, for example.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 25th April 2017
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Enjoy a fantastic Resort View to Garden View
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge
- Kids Stay, Play and Eat free
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...