ANA to reduce international fuel surcharge benefitting long-haul holidays
Affecting the routes they serve all around the world including Europe, North America and the Indian Ocean, ANA, the Japanese carrier is to reduce international fuel charges across all of its long-haul holiday destinations.
ANA, the Japanese carrier, recently applied to the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism to reduce its fuel surcharge on international flights from 1st October, 2010, thus enabling cheaper Caribbean holidays for Japanese travellers, as well as cheaper holidays in the Indian Ocean and North America. Making it easier for Japanese holidaymakers to plan for long-haul holidays across many world holiday destinations; the fuel surcharges are fixed for a period of two months, after which it will be revised on the basis of the average market price of Singapore kerosene for the two months previous to the date of application for revision. As jet fuel fell to an average of US$86.21 per barrel from June to July 2010, the surcharge will be fixed in the way explained below.
Surcharge Levels (per person per single sector):
- Europe, North America and Middle East to be reduced from 14,000 (Japan yens) to 10,500 beginning October, 2010
- Hawai and India to be reduced from 8500 (Japan yens) to 6000 beginning October, 2010
- Thailand, Singapor and Malaysia to be reduced from 6500 (Japan yens) to 4500 beginning October, 2010
- Vietnam and Saipan to be reduced from 4000 (Japan yens) to 3000 beginning October, 2010
- Hong Kong, Taiwan and China to be reduced from 3500 (Japan yens) to 2500 beginning October, 2010
- Korea to be reduced from 1000 (Japan yens) to 500 beginning October, 2010
Conditions for Revision (and removal) of the Surcharge :
- The fuel surcharge will not be revised for the two months from 1st October to 30th November, 2010 regardless of market movements. The levels stated are subject to government approval.
- The level of the fuel surcharge from December 1, 2010 will be fixed based on the average market price of Singapore kerosene for the months of August and September.
- If the two months average cost of Singapore kerosene falls below US$60 per barrel, the fuel surcharge will be removed altogether.
This could mark a brighter near future for tour operators and those in the travel business as it enables them to work with cheaper air fares and thus create more competitive products and packages in far-off destinations like Caribbean holidays, for example.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...