New charter flight provides link for Indian tourists to enjoy Maldives holidays
Travellers from India will now be able to enjoy Maldives holidays as a special twice weekly charter flight is scheduled to be launched in October this year from Mumbai to the southern part of the Maldives, Gan.
A special charter flight is due to be launched in October this year which will provide India travellers with direct transport for Maldives holidays twice a week.
The new flight is due to commence on 2nd October 2010 and will depart from Mumbai to Gan in the southern part of the Maldives. A leading travel company has set up the new flights as part of a new initiative to encourage travellers to book their special Maldives holidays packages.
Co-founder and COO of MakeMyTrip, Keyur Joshi, said: "Initially it will be a twice a week flight from Mumbai to Gan, whose operations are expected to be scaled up at a later stage."
"This exotic destination has been relatively inaccessible to Indians as it is perceived as an expensive holiday destination. With this campaign we plan to fly in about 6000 Indians into the Maldives," Joshi added.
The travel company is working in association with the Tourism Ministry of the Maldives and together they will be offering Maldives holidays between October 2010 and February 2011 from Rs 29,990 in an attempt to boost Indian visitor arrivals to the stunning the Indian Ocean islands.
It is hoped that many travellers will book twin centre holidays including India and the Maldives, where they can combine luxury travel together with a full cultural experience during their trip.
Tourism Minister of the Maldives, Toyyid Mohammad, said that until recently the government have had difficulties in promoting the region to Indian tourists but "with the Maldives hosting the next SAARC Summit in 2011, we hope to draw in a large number of tourists."
Indian High Commissioner, Gyaneshwar Muleh, hopes that the new Maldives holidays packages will help boost visitor arrivals, after India has invested in the health and education sectors of the Maldives. Last year, 15,850 Indian tourists took Maldives holidays in an area which is home to almost 2,000 beautiful islands in the Indian Ocean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Go on a holiday of a lifetime visiting many of the must see tourist spots and more secluded parts that will memorable memories
- Experience the amazing "Lowering of the Flag" ceremony
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Discover the enchantment of India and marvel at the splendour of the Golden Triangle in style, then follow in the footsteps of the great sultans on a Tiger Safari
- See the Majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, see the Red Fort and then walk down the bustling streets of Chandni Chowk in Delhi
- Tour includes Horse Carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal and Elephant Ride to the Amber Fort
- Discover Ranthambore National Park's Jungle Safari
Follow in the footsteps of the characters from The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel Film on This Amazing India Tour
Go on a holiday like no other on this stunning India tour visting various famous sights sure to live long in the memory
- You will visit the famous 'Best Exotic Marigold Hotel', Ravla Khempur was originally a tribal chieftain's palace but now it operates as an equestrian hotel in the village of Khempur
- During this tour you will have the services of an Englsih speaking local guide all transfers will be in air conditioned vehicles
- Take advantage of the various extras include on the tour such as an Elephant ride at Amber Fort, Bicycle Rickshaw in Old Delhi and a fabulous lunch at Castle Kanota
A magical 14 nights experience awaits for you with Glimpses of Kerala and Superior Golden Triangle tour
- Delight yourself in the culinary Indian adventure and enjoy the fabulous Kathakali dance performance
- All transfers, excursions and sightseeing tours will be by air-conditioned Large Car
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
This colourful tour gives you the chance to view the major cities of North India, experiencing the sights and sounds of...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Ideally located on the shore of the longest beach, The Zuri White Sands, Goa Resort and Casino is perfect for those...