New charter flight provides link for Indian tourists to enjoy Maldives holidays
Travellers from India will now be able to enjoy Maldives holidays as a special twice weekly charter flight is scheduled to be launched in October this year from Mumbai to the southern part of the Maldives, Gan.
A special charter flight is due to be launched in October this year which will provide India travellers with direct transport for Maldives holidays twice a week.
The new flight is due to commence on 2nd October 2010 and will depart from Mumbai to Gan in the southern part of the Maldives. A leading travel company has set up the new flights as part of a new initiative to encourage travellers to book their special Maldives holidays packages.
Co-founder and COO of MakeMyTrip, Keyur Joshi, said: "Initially it will be a twice a week flight from Mumbai to Gan, whose operations are expected to be scaled up at a later stage."
"This exotic destination has been relatively inaccessible to Indians as it is perceived as an expensive holiday destination. With this campaign we plan to fly in about 6000 Indians into the Maldives," Joshi added.
The travel company is working in association with the Tourism Ministry of the Maldives and together they will be offering Maldives holidays between October 2010 and February 2011 from Rs 29,990 in an attempt to boost Indian visitor arrivals to the stunning the Indian Ocean islands.
It is hoped that many travellers will book twin centre holidays including India and the Maldives, where they can combine luxury travel together with a full cultural experience during their trip.
Tourism Minister of the Maldives, Toyyid Mohammad, said that until recently the government have had difficulties in promoting the region to Indian tourists but "with the Maldives hosting the next SAARC Summit in 2011, we hope to draw in a large number of tourists."
Indian High Commissioner, Gyaneshwar Muleh, hopes that the new Maldives holidays packages will help boost visitor arrivals, after India has invested in the health and education sectors of the Maldives. Last year, 15,850 Indian tourists took Maldives holidays in an area which is home to almost 2,000 beautiful islands in the Indian Ocean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Glimpses of Kerala allows you to see the unique geographical features that have made it one of the most sought after tourist destinations in Asia
- Enjoy a stay upon an enchanting Houseboat
- English speaking guide
- Enjoy a private tour with an extra £99 per person, £300 off the usual price (includes private car, driver and guides)
Be moved by India's icons; from the majestic Taj Mahal to the natural beauty of Keoladeo National Park - this is India at its best.
- Experience the Royal Maharaja lifestyle with a stay in a wonderful Bharatpur Palace
- Discover the magnificent City Palace Museum and enjoy an authentic Rajasthani feast in Jaipur
- See Humayun's Tomb in Delhi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the first garden-tomb on the Indian subcontinent
Relax and make the most of your holiday with the 11 nights Superior Golden Triangle and Superior Shimla Highlights
- All transfers, excursions and sightseeing tours will be by air-conditioned
- Services of an English-Speaking local Guide shall be provided for the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Entrance fees at all monuments (one time only) as per the itinerary
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Tour Overview With the Arabian Sea in the west, the Western Ghats towering 500-2700 m in the east and networked by 44...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Enjoy an India adventure with this ten night tour of some of India's most mystical cities and attractions. This is a...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
Ideally located on the shore of the longest beach, The Zuri White Sands, Goa Resort and Casino is perfect for those...