Sri Lanka hotels increase room capacity for rising tourist arrivals
The recent increase in rooms and suites within Sri Lanka hotels has boosted the island's room capacity by 45%, as many hoteliers look to expand their properties to accommodate the rise in travellers booking luxury Sri Lanka holidays.
A number of Sri Lanka hotels have recently undergone expansion which has led to a 45 per cent increase in room capacity on the Indian Ocean island.
Amaya Resorts and Spas, John Keells and Jetwing Hotels have all recently expanded the number of rooms at their Sri Lanka hotels, after the region saw a significant increase in travellers enjoying Sri Lanka holidays.
Chairman of Jetwing Hotels, Hiran Cooray, said: "Given the rapid growth of tourism in Sri Lanka, Jetwing seeks to refurbish its current properties and expand its room stock through new ventures."
He added: "In respect of refurbishment, Jetwing has made a conscious effort to upgrade all of its properties gradually to 4-5 star (small luxury) properties."
In the first half of 2010, Sri Lanka has seen a 48.8 per cent increase in tourist arrivals and many Sri Lanka hotels are expanding to keep up with the new demand of rooms.
Located approximately 31 kilometres off the south coast of India, Sri Lanka has had a turbulent past with a civil war which lasted nearly three decades and finally came to and end last year.
The end of the civil war had an almost instant affect on the island's tourism and visitor arrivals and many travellers once again felt that it was a safe destination to travel to. A rebranding and marketing campaign carried out by Sri Lanka Tourism last year, helped put the island back on the tourist trail and the results are proving to be positive for Sri Lanka hotels and businesses.
The stunning island comprises numerous sandy beaches, nature parks, and an abundance of wildlife. Travellers visiting the region can enjoy scuba diving holidays, surfing activities, and an extensive range of tours and excursions to the island's historic sites and monuments.
With a warm and tropical climate, breathtaking scenery and collection of luxury Sri Lanka hotels and resorts, the stunning island is becoming a popular choice for couples planning honeymoons and weddings abroad.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Take advantage of this twin destination combination treat
- Enjoy themed nights with flavours from around the world in Sri Lanka
- Discover the wonder of Old and New Delhi with a guided, full day city tour
- Visit the City Palace, an overwhelming complex of exquisite palaces, gardens and courtyards, decorative art and carved doorways
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
This fantastic package allows you to discover the delights of the Superior Golden Triangle Tour where you will explore...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka and beach Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Escape into the arms of one of Sri Lanka's most picturesque towns and live the sun-drenched holiday of your dreams....