Sri Lanka hotels increase room capacity for rising tourist arrivals
The recent increase in rooms and suites within Sri Lanka hotels has boosted the island's room capacity by 45%, as many hoteliers look to expand their properties to accommodate the rise in travellers booking luxury Sri Lanka holidays.
A number of Sri Lanka hotels have recently undergone expansion which has led to a 45 per cent increase in room capacity on the Indian Ocean island.
Amaya Resorts and Spas, John Keells and Jetwing Hotels have all recently expanded the number of rooms at their Sri Lanka hotels, after the region saw a significant increase in travellers enjoying Sri Lanka holidays.
Chairman of Jetwing Hotels, Hiran Cooray, said: "Given the rapid growth of tourism in Sri Lanka, Jetwing seeks to refurbish its current properties and expand its room stock through new ventures."
He added: "In respect of refurbishment, Jetwing has made a conscious effort to upgrade all of its properties gradually to 4-5 star (small luxury) properties."
In the first half of 2010, Sri Lanka has seen a 48.8 per cent increase in tourist arrivals and many Sri Lanka hotels are expanding to keep up with the new demand of rooms.
Located approximately 31 kilometres off the south coast of India, Sri Lanka has had a turbulent past with a civil war which lasted nearly three decades and finally came to and end last year.
The end of the civil war had an almost instant affect on the island's tourism and visitor arrivals and many travellers once again felt that it was a safe destination to travel to. A rebranding and marketing campaign carried out by Sri Lanka Tourism last year, helped put the island back on the tourist trail and the results are proving to be positive for Sri Lanka hotels and businesses.
The stunning island comprises numerous sandy beaches, nature parks, and an abundance of wildlife. Travellers visiting the region can enjoy scuba diving holidays, surfing activities, and an extensive range of tours and excursions to the island's historic sites and monuments.
With a warm and tropical climate, breathtaking scenery and collection of luxury Sri Lanka hotels and resorts, the stunning island is becoming a popular choice for couples planning honeymoons and weddings abroad.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...