Fabulous Eco Cancun holidays at Hacienda as resort raises the green stakes
Having received much praise and recognition for the outstanding green qualities of the hotel and the good preservation of the surrounding environment, the Hacienda Tres Rios Resort in Cancun has established itself as the ultimate green retreat in Mexico.
Since its opening in November 2008, Mexico’s Hacienda Tres Ríos Resort has rapidly established itself as the ultimate green retreat in the Cancun holidays market. Recognised for continually building on their eco-reputation, the reort has been nominated for “Mexico & Central America’s Leading Green Hotel” at the 2010 World Travel Awards, and has just been awarded Green Globe certification for the second year in a row in recognition of it sustainable practices, conservation of the environment, support for local communities, and preservation of local culture. And all of this while offering top luxury holidays in Cancun.
Beautifully located in the mystical Riviera Maya, the Hacienda Tres Ríos is an exclusive luxury resort which has now put a strong emphasis on becoming an ecological landmark providing green Cancun holidays. The highest grade award from Green Globe Certification comes after an extensive review of the resort’s procedures, daily operations and green practices.
Last year Hacienda Tres Ríos Resort was voted “Mexico & Central America’s Leading Green Hotel” at the 2009 World Travel Awards. This year the eco paradise has also been nominated for 4 awards, including “Mexico & Central America’s Leading Green Hotel” and “Mexico & Central America’s Leading All-inclusive Hotel”.
“We not only received this certification for a consecutive year, but we did it with an incredible 95 percent. I don’t know of any other hotel – worldwide – that has achieved such a high grade and so soon after opening,” said Mr. Gabriel Santoyo, chief environmental officer for Tres Ríos. Mr. Santoyo has been responsible for coordinating all sustainable management practices that have resulted in this exceptional score.
“Tres Ríos started out as an ecological park, and we have been consistent in following our set guidelines and standards to protect the extraordinary beauty and diversity of the region. Our guests are able to reconnect with nature while they enjoy the Mexican hospitality and all the luxury we offer,” said Mr. Romárico Arroyo, the vice president of development and financing at Tres Rios. He highlighted the hard work that has been invested in Hacienda Tres Ríos Resort to ensure this luxury resort follows strict environmental and quality standards in Mexico, as well as international sustainability standards.
Green Globe Certification CEO Guido Bauer added: “It is reassuring to see how a luxury beach resort can operate at such high standards of sustainable management. The Tres Rios sustainability team are experts in managing natural resources, including the care of 120 species of plants and 90 species of animals. This conservation management is further enhanced by their training programs for staff and the local community.”
Since its opening in November 2008, the Hacienda Tres Ríos has positioned itself as a model for sustainable tourism in the Cancun holidays market and abroad. The resort has been recognised by the highest Mexican environmental authorities, the Secretariat of Environment and Natural Resources (SEMARNAT). It has also been featured at tourism fairs around the world, with the sustainability team invited to share their knowledge in forums in London, Spain, and Berlin.
Besides its Green Globe certification, Hacienda Tres Ríos is also recognised by international environmental organisations like UNEP, Sustainable Travel International, and Rainforest Alliance. Its environmental achievements have been acknowledged in the leading travel markets of Europe including Germany and London.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Enjoy exclusive privileges on tap as part of the resort's signature Unlimited-Luxury all-inclusive concept.
- Retreat to one of the Mexican Caribbean's most coveted and secluded beach hideaways
- Something to keep everyone entertained at this fantastic family friendly resort
- Outdoor pool theater for shows and theme dinners
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
A picturesque city on Mexico's Caribbean Sea coastline, Playa del Carmen is the perfect getaway for both families and...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...