Property magnate enters joint venture to develop eco-friendly St Lucia holidays with new resort
Two joint ventures between a property magnate, his firm and another two companies will be putting together funds to invest in a new luxury eco-resort development in St Lucia, which will be called Freedom Bay.
Robert Whitton (chairman of ROM Capital Asset Management and Whitton international) joined forces with Brad Lincoln, chief executive of shared ownership experts The Best Group to set up Whitton Best Sales and Consulting and Whitton Best Capital Partners, two joint ventures set up to market a new luxury eco-resort development in St Lucia.
The fact that Whitton, who has a massively successful enterprise in the commercial property sector, has chosen St Lucia for a foray into luxury residential sector is a massive testament to the potential of St Lucia's property market, and the wider Caribbean. In answer of why he has made the mover, Whitton told Overseas Property Professional:
“Because the Caribbean offers excellent value and opportunities right now,” he says. “The whole region benefits from being close to the USA with plenty of short-haul flight options. Economic recovery is taking place in the States and buyers are re-emerging. I like St Lucia’s proximity to the emerging economies of South America like Brazil. And it has long-term historic ties to the UK and Europe.”
Whitton also said that he believes St Lucia is well positioned for growth and success with “economic stability, a currency linked to the US Dollar, a strong democratic political system, cheap land prices and a progressive government.”
"There is no inventory overhang in the property sector. Unlike Spain the coast has not been overdeveloped and there is more demand than supply … an ideal position," he added.
The resort, called Freedom Bay sits on 68-acres of a World Heritage site beneath the Piton Mountains. Planning permission is already secured for the 420,000 sq ft development comprising 45 four-bedroomed “super villas,” 8 three-bedroomed “beach villas,” 18 one-bedroomed “hotel villas,” 22 one-bed “cliff villa apartments,” 8 one-bed “cliff villa terraces,” 32 “rainforest apartments” and 41 “Piton Apartments.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 58%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
The volcanic island of St. Lucia is one abundant in natural beauty. It is home to the most mountains among the Caribbean...