Property magnate enters joint venture to develop eco-friendly St Lucia holidays with new resort
Two joint ventures between a property magnate, his firm and another two companies will be putting together funds to invest in a new luxury eco-resort development in St Lucia, which will be called Freedom Bay.
Robert Whitton (chairman of ROM Capital Asset Management and Whitton international) joined forces with Brad Lincoln, chief executive of shared ownership experts The Best Group to set up Whitton Best Sales and Consulting and Whitton Best Capital Partners, two joint ventures set up to market a new luxury eco-resort development in St Lucia.
The fact that Whitton, who has a massively successful enterprise in the commercial property sector, has chosen St Lucia for a foray into luxury residential sector is a massive testament to the potential of St Lucia's property market, and the wider Caribbean. In answer of why he has made the mover, Whitton told Overseas Property Professional:
“Because the Caribbean offers excellent value and opportunities right now,” he says. “The whole region benefits from being close to the USA with plenty of short-haul flight options. Economic recovery is taking place in the States and buyers are re-emerging. I like St Lucia’s proximity to the emerging economies of South America like Brazil. And it has long-term historic ties to the UK and Europe.”
Whitton also said that he believes St Lucia is well positioned for growth and success with “economic stability, a currency linked to the US Dollar, a strong democratic political system, cheap land prices and a progressive government.”
"There is no inventory overhang in the property sector. Unlike Spain the coast has not been overdeveloped and there is more demand than supply … an ideal position," he added.
The resort, called Freedom Bay sits on 68-acres of a World Heritage site beneath the Piton Mountains. Planning permission is already secured for the 420,000 sq ft development comprising 45 four-bedroomed “super villas,” 8 three-bedroomed “beach villas,” 18 one-bedroomed “hotel villas,” 22 one-bed “cliff villa apartments,” 8 one-bed “cliff villa terraces,” 32 “rainforest apartments” and 41 “Piton Apartments.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation plus an extra £55 off booking bonus with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...