Property magnate enters joint venture to develop eco-friendly St Lucia holidays with new resort
Two joint ventures between a property magnate, his firm and another two companies will be putting together funds to invest in a new luxury eco-resort development in St Lucia, which will be called Freedom Bay.
Robert Whitton (chairman of ROM Capital Asset Management and Whitton international) joined forces with Brad Lincoln, chief executive of shared ownership experts The Best Group to set up Whitton Best Sales and Consulting and Whitton Best Capital Partners, two joint ventures set up to market a new luxury eco-resort development in St Lucia.
The fact that Whitton, who has a massively successful enterprise in the commercial property sector, has chosen St Lucia for a foray into luxury residential sector is a massive testament to the potential of St Lucia's property market, and the wider Caribbean. In answer of why he has made the mover, Whitton told Overseas Property Professional:
“Because the Caribbean offers excellent value and opportunities right now,” he says. “The whole region benefits from being close to the USA with plenty of short-haul flight options. Economic recovery is taking place in the States and buyers are re-emerging. I like St Lucia’s proximity to the emerging economies of South America like Brazil. And it has long-term historic ties to the UK and Europe.”
Whitton also said that he believes St Lucia is well positioned for growth and success with “economic stability, a currency linked to the US Dollar, a strong democratic political system, cheap land prices and a progressive government.”
"There is no inventory overhang in the property sector. Unlike Spain the coast has not been overdeveloped and there is more demand than supply … an ideal position," he added.
The resort, called Freedom Bay sits on 68-acres of a World Heritage site beneath the Piton Mountains. Planning permission is already secured for the 420,000 sq ft development comprising 45 four-bedroomed “super villas,” 8 three-bedroomed “beach villas,” 18 one-bedroomed “hotel villas,” 22 one-bed “cliff villa apartments,” 8 one-bed “cliff villa terraces,” 32 “rainforest apartments” and 41 “Piton Apartments.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
- Summer Sale with incredible savings of upto 45% in all room types until 3rd January 2019
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
Adults-only, All Inclusive Retreat with an inviting and warm atmosphere is what Bel Jou Hotel stands for
- All Inclusive, Adults Only property set within lush tropical gardens with classic St. Lucian charm
- Experience Caribbean Flavour on the rooftop lounge bar and terrace with serene views over Castries and the Caribbean Sea
- Take advantage of free extras including a complimentary tour and complimentary wine in your room on arrival
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Summer Sale now extended with discounted savings for stays until 2019
- Unique couples only resort designed for honeymoons and weddings
- All beverages included, such as premium brand alcohol and wine by the bottle at dinner
Guests will be delighted by Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa , set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of Global Gourmet® options and leisure facilities
- The Red Lane Spa® offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy Free Green Fees & Trandfers at Sandals St Lucia Golf & Country Club
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
The all-new Harbor Club offers guests a Caribbean resort experience unlike any other where you can unwind and experience...