St Lucia holidays to become Caribbean hot spot with new beach developments
With a set of lavish new developments scheduled to start construction soon St Lucia holidays get ready for an extreme make-over revolution set to attract the most discerning travellers looking for top luxury holidays in the Caribbean
With St Lucia holidays in the process of becoming a Caribbean a top hot spot comparable to such world traveller's favorites as St. Barths and Anguilla a new development looks likely to further boost the St Lucia holidays market. Following an announcement from St. Lucia's minister of tourism that stated services on the island are going to be upgraded to support high-end property owners and the major luxury property developments in progress, it is such a project that sparked our curiosity on its potential.
The massive projects to bring St Lucia holidays added sparkle and a new level of refinement for luxury holidays in the Caribbean, include a 46-residence development with houses designed by award-winning architect Lane Pettigrew and the development of two five-star quality luxury resorts. There is the Jalousie Plantation Resort, which is receiving a $100-million makeover, and a new hotel, the Tides Sugar Beach Resort, which is scheduled to open fully in December 2011.
An elite brand with resorts in the world’s most desirable locations, The Tides will bring a uniquely innovative edge to the management of this deluxe development. Property owners and hotel guests will experience outstanding levels of comfort and service throughout The Tides Sugar Beach, where casual-yet-chic is the order of the day.
Diners in this vibrant Caribbean resort will be able to choose from several superb restaurants, ranging from an informal, al fresco beachside experience with views of Gros Piton to fine dining, colonial-style, at the Great House. Our very own ‘Rummelier’ is on hand at The Cane bar to introduce you to a wide variety of rum, whilst the Late Night Bar with its fabulous outdoor terrace is there for those evenings you never want to end.
Just a splash from Sugar Beach itself, the protected waters of St. Lucia’s National Marine Reserve offer some of the Caribbean’s most rewarding snorkelling and diving, and the resort has its own PADI certified scuba centre. Children will love the supervised Kid’s Club and games room; and for adults, the full-service Rainforest Spa offers exquisite, island-inspired treatments in secluded cabanas among the jungle.
With 112 lavishly-appointed rooms offering five-star luxury and Caribbean influences, The Tides Sugar Beach will be a resort in a class of its own, on a par with the world’s very best hotels. The Private Residences at Sugar Beach range in price from $2.4 to $9 million and include floor plans of two-bedroom to six-bedroom layouts. The construction of the exclusive community begins this fall.
According to Ms. Lisa Basire, marketing director of Sugar Beach, the Private Residences, which launched in December 2009, there have been three sales and there are two more transactions about to close. Ms. Basire also said, "This represents $12 million in sales and [this] shows the property market in St. Lucia is active and that demand for a high quality product is strong."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit savings when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Save up to a fantastic 65% in 2017 and 2018 and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus 50% for Christmas & New Year
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Take advantage of savings up to 30% for travel in 2017 and 2018
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste included in your all inclusive plan
- 1 Child stays and eats free in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay free in a Family Suite
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Laze in one of the hotel's many pools or discover the tropical beach a short boat ride away
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina in your room
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world...