St Lucia holidays to become Caribbean hot spot with new beach developments
With a set of lavish new developments scheduled to start construction soon St Lucia holidays get ready for an extreme make-over revolution set to attract the most discerning travellers looking for top luxury holidays in the Caribbean
With St Lucia holidays in the process of becoming a Caribbean a top hot spot comparable to such world traveller's favorites as St. Barths and Anguilla a new development looks likely to further boost the St Lucia holidays market. Following an announcement from St. Lucia's minister of tourism that stated services on the island are going to be upgraded to support high-end property owners and the major luxury property developments in progress, it is such a project that sparked our curiosity on its potential.
The massive projects to bring St Lucia holidays added sparkle and a new level of refinement for luxury holidays in the Caribbean, include a 46-residence development with houses designed by award-winning architect Lane Pettigrew and the development of two five-star quality luxury resorts. There is the Jalousie Plantation Resort, which is receiving a $100-million makeover, and a new hotel, the Tides Sugar Beach Resort, which is scheduled to open fully in December 2011.
An elite brand with resorts in the world’s most desirable locations, The Tides will bring a uniquely innovative edge to the management of this deluxe development. Property owners and hotel guests will experience outstanding levels of comfort and service throughout The Tides Sugar Beach, where casual-yet-chic is the order of the day.
Diners in this vibrant Caribbean resort will be able to choose from several superb restaurants, ranging from an informal, al fresco beachside experience with views of Gros Piton to fine dining, colonial-style, at the Great House. Our very own ‘Rummelier’ is on hand at The Cane bar to introduce you to a wide variety of rum, whilst the Late Night Bar with its fabulous outdoor terrace is there for those evenings you never want to end.
Just a splash from Sugar Beach itself, the protected waters of St. Lucia’s National Marine Reserve offer some of the Caribbean’s most rewarding snorkelling and diving, and the resort has its own PADI certified scuba centre. Children will love the supervised Kid’s Club and games room; and for adults, the full-service Rainforest Spa offers exquisite, island-inspired treatments in secluded cabanas among the jungle.
With 112 lavishly-appointed rooms offering five-star luxury and Caribbean influences, The Tides Sugar Beach will be a resort in a class of its own, on a par with the world’s very best hotels. The Private Residences at Sugar Beach range in price from $2.4 to $9 million and include floor plans of two-bedroom to six-bedroom layouts. The construction of the exclusive community begins this fall.
According to Ms. Lisa Basire, marketing director of Sugar Beach, the Private Residences, which launched in December 2009, there have been three sales and there are two more transactions about to close. Ms. Basire also said, "This represents $12 million in sales and [this] shows the property market in St. Lucia is active and that demand for a high quality product is strong."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation plus an extra £55 off booking bonus with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...