St Lucia holidays to become Caribbean hot spot with new beach developments
With a set of lavish new developments scheduled to start construction soon St Lucia holidays get ready for an extreme make-over revolution set to attract the most discerning travellers looking for top luxury holidays in the Caribbean
With St Lucia holidays in the process of becoming a Caribbean a top hot spot comparable to such world traveller's favorites as St. Barths and Anguilla a new development looks likely to further boost the St Lucia holidays market. Following an announcement from St. Lucia's minister of tourism that stated services on the island are going to be upgraded to support high-end property owners and the major luxury property developments in progress, it is such a project that sparked our curiosity on its potential.
The massive projects to bring St Lucia holidays added sparkle and a new level of refinement for luxury holidays in the Caribbean, include a 46-residence development with houses designed by award-winning architect Lane Pettigrew and the development of two five-star quality luxury resorts. There is the Jalousie Plantation Resort, which is receiving a $100-million makeover, and a new hotel, the Tides Sugar Beach Resort, which is scheduled to open fully in December 2011.
An elite brand with resorts in the world’s most desirable locations, The Tides will bring a uniquely innovative edge to the management of this deluxe development. Property owners and hotel guests will experience outstanding levels of comfort and service throughout The Tides Sugar Beach, where casual-yet-chic is the order of the day.
Diners in this vibrant Caribbean resort will be able to choose from several superb restaurants, ranging from an informal, al fresco beachside experience with views of Gros Piton to fine dining, colonial-style, at the Great House. Our very own ‘Rummelier’ is on hand at The Cane bar to introduce you to a wide variety of rum, whilst the Late Night Bar with its fabulous outdoor terrace is there for those evenings you never want to end.
Just a splash from Sugar Beach itself, the protected waters of St. Lucia’s National Marine Reserve offer some of the Caribbean’s most rewarding snorkelling and diving, and the resort has its own PADI certified scuba centre. Children will love the supervised Kid’s Club and games room; and for adults, the full-service Rainforest Spa offers exquisite, island-inspired treatments in secluded cabanas among the jungle.
With 112 lavishly-appointed rooms offering five-star luxury and Caribbean influences, The Tides Sugar Beach will be a resort in a class of its own, on a par with the world’s very best hotels. The Private Residences at Sugar Beach range in price from $2.4 to $9 million and include floor plans of two-bedroom to six-bedroom layouts. The construction of the exclusive community begins this fall.
According to Ms. Lisa Basire, marketing director of Sugar Beach, the Private Residences, which launched in December 2009, there have been three sales and there are two more transactions about to close. Ms. Basire also said, "This represents $12 million in sales and [this] shows the property market in St. Lucia is active and that demand for a high quality product is strong."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Adults-only, All Inclusive Retreat with an inviting and warm atmosphere is what Bel Jou Hotel stands for
- Enjoy an array of both nature and culture excursions or relax at the Hotel Spa
- All Inclusive, Adults Only property set within lush tropical gardens with classic St. Lucian charm
- Experience Caribbean Flavour on the rooftop lounge bar and terrace with serene views over Castries and the Caribbean Sea
- Take advantage of free extras including a complimentary tour and complimentary wine in your room on arrival
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystalline waters of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Exclusive Half Term special offer, limited availability so book now!
- Kids can enjoy a playground as well as a kids' club open daily for 2 to 11 year olds
- Non-motorised water sports including hobie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Summer Sale now extended with discounted savings for stays until 2019
- Unique couples only resort designed for honeymoons and weddings
- Book one of the honeymoon and wedding packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- All beverages included, such as premium brand alcohol and wine by the bottle at dinner
Guests will be delighted by Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa , set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of Global Gourmet® options and leisure facilities
- The Red Lane Spa® offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy Free Green Fees & Trandfers at Sandals St Lucia Golf & Country Club
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...
The all-new Harbor Club offers guests a Caribbean resort experience unlike any other where you can unwind and experience...