St Lucia holidays to become Caribbean hot spot with new beach developments
With a set of lavish new developments scheduled to start construction soon St Lucia holidays get ready for an extreme make-over revolution set to attract the most discerning travellers looking for top luxury holidays in the Caribbean
With St Lucia holidays in the process of becoming a Caribbean a top hot spot comparable to such world traveller's favorites as St. Barths and Anguilla a new development looks likely to further boost the St Lucia holidays market. Following an announcement from St. Lucia's minister of tourism that stated services on the island are going to be upgraded to support high-end property owners and the major luxury property developments in progress, it is such a project that sparked our curiosity on its potential.
The massive projects to bring St Lucia holidays added sparkle and a new level of refinement for luxury holidays in the Caribbean, include a 46-residence development with houses designed by award-winning architect Lane Pettigrew and the development of two five-star quality luxury resorts. There is the Jalousie Plantation Resort, which is receiving a $100-million makeover, and a new hotel, the Tides Sugar Beach Resort, which is scheduled to open fully in December 2011.
An elite brand with resorts in the world’s most desirable locations, The Tides will bring a uniquely innovative edge to the management of this deluxe development. Property owners and hotel guests will experience outstanding levels of comfort and service throughout The Tides Sugar Beach, where casual-yet-chic is the order of the day.
Diners in this vibrant Caribbean resort will be able to choose from several superb restaurants, ranging from an informal, al fresco beachside experience with views of Gros Piton to fine dining, colonial-style, at the Great House. Our very own ‘Rummelier’ is on hand at The Cane bar to introduce you to a wide variety of rum, whilst the Late Night Bar with its fabulous outdoor terrace is there for those evenings you never want to end.
Just a splash from Sugar Beach itself, the protected waters of St. Lucia’s National Marine Reserve offer some of the Caribbean’s most rewarding snorkelling and diving, and the resort has its own PADI certified scuba centre. Children will love the supervised Kid’s Club and games room; and for adults, the full-service Rainforest Spa offers exquisite, island-inspired treatments in secluded cabanas among the jungle.
With 112 lavishly-appointed rooms offering five-star luxury and Caribbean influences, The Tides Sugar Beach will be a resort in a class of its own, on a par with the world’s very best hotels. The Private Residences at Sugar Beach range in price from $2.4 to $9 million and include floor plans of two-bedroom to six-bedroom layouts. The construction of the exclusive community begins this fall.
According to Ms. Lisa Basire, marketing director of Sugar Beach, the Private Residences, which launched in December 2009, there have been three sales and there are two more transactions about to close. Ms. Basire also said, "This represents $12 million in sales and [this] shows the property market in St. Lucia is active and that demand for a high quality product is strong."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience a fabulous family comfort at Bay Gardens Inn
- Free daily breakfast and a private terrace and balcony in every room
- Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at Creole Pot restaurant, with island favourites prepared each morning
- All Guests gain complimentary access to Bay Gardens Beach Resort's Splash Island Water Park and Water sports!
- Delight in a wide variety of massages and therapies at the beutiful La Mer Spa
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Save up to a fantastic 60%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus Book a Garden View and get upgraded to an Ocean View!!!
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...