Obama may soon easte restrictions on Cuba travel for Americans
As the possibility of free travel to Cuba for U.S. citizens looms closer than ever and rumours fly about with what will be Obama's final decision on the Cuba travel issue, the CCS group envision a future of free Cuba holidays for Americans.
With rumours flying in all directions over Obama's final decision on the Cuba travel issue, now some are assuring that the lifting of some restrictions is inminent. Recent, widespread reports on the likelihood of an ease of travel restrictions enabling Americans to enjoy Cuba holidays. Such big expectations have made Cross-Cultural Solutions (CCS), the former leading provider of legal, people-to-people travel to Cuba for Americans, envision the future of their previously halted programmes for holidays in Cuba.
Along with many other recent reports, the Miami Herald revealed on 7th August: "The Obama administration will soon ease some restrictions on U.S. travel to Cuba according to growing but unconfirmed reports," . In light of this, CCS has indicated that it would enthusiastically re-open its people-to-people cultural exchange programme, "Insight Cuba", if permission was granted from the U.S. government to allow Cuba holidays.
CCS' set of Cuba holidays under the Insight Cuba programme, began in 2000 and offered participants the unique opportunity to gain insight into Cuban life through people-to-people cultural exchange programming. The programme supported almost 2,500 U.S. citizens to travel legally to Cuba in the second half of 2003 alone. However, that same year, stronger travel restrictions between the U.S. and Cuba were imposed by the Bush administration.
"Our programs gave Americans the rare opportunity to visit Cuba legally, and experience the culture in a very meaningful and authentic manner. Participants weren't just touring the country, they were there as guests of the Cuban people – sharing meals together, educating one another, and gaining real perspective on the culture and the country. Insight Cuba helped to foster international friendships and promote a greater understanding of global issues, which is an integral part of CCS' vision." -CCS Founder and Executive Director Steve Rosenthal explained.
Insight Cuba operated in Havana, Santiago de Cuba, and other Cuban provinces. With the guidance and expertise of local professionals, participants enjoying Cuba holidays as part of this programme were immersed in Cuban culture, visiting schools, historic sites, hospitals, farms, and interacting with local community groups, women's groups, artists, musicians, religious leaders and more. TIME magazine reported, "CCS's Insight Programs offer behind-the-scenes, personalized explorations and feature access to places tourists usually don't see..."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your next summer holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Aug 2017
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...