Obama may soon easte restrictions on Cuba travel for Americans
As the possibility of free travel to Cuba for U.S. citizens looms closer than ever and rumours fly about with what will be Obama's final decision on the Cuba travel issue, the CCS group envision a future of free Cuba holidays for Americans.
With rumours flying in all directions over Obama's final decision on the Cuba travel issue, now some are assuring that the lifting of some restrictions is inminent. Recent, widespread reports on the likelihood of an ease of travel restrictions enabling Americans to enjoy Cuba holidays. Such big expectations have made Cross-Cultural Solutions (CCS), the former leading provider of legal, people-to-people travel to Cuba for Americans, envision the future of their previously halted programmes for holidays in Cuba.
Along with many other recent reports, the Miami Herald revealed on 7th August: "The Obama administration will soon ease some restrictions on U.S. travel to Cuba according to growing but unconfirmed reports," . In light of this, CCS has indicated that it would enthusiastically re-open its people-to-people cultural exchange programme, "Insight Cuba", if permission was granted from the U.S. government to allow Cuba holidays.
CCS' set of Cuba holidays under the Insight Cuba programme, began in 2000 and offered participants the unique opportunity to gain insight into Cuban life through people-to-people cultural exchange programming. The programme supported almost 2,500 U.S. citizens to travel legally to Cuba in the second half of 2003 alone. However, that same year, stronger travel restrictions between the U.S. and Cuba were imposed by the Bush administration.
"Our programs gave Americans the rare opportunity to visit Cuba legally, and experience the culture in a very meaningful and authentic manner. Participants weren't just touring the country, they were there as guests of the Cuban people – sharing meals together, educating one another, and gaining real perspective on the culture and the country. Insight Cuba helped to foster international friendships and promote a greater understanding of global issues, which is an integral part of CCS' vision." -CCS Founder and Executive Director Steve Rosenthal explained.
Insight Cuba operated in Havana, Santiago de Cuba, and other Cuban provinces. With the guidance and expertise of local professionals, participants enjoying Cuba holidays as part of this programme were immersed in Cuban culture, visiting schools, historic sites, hospitals, farms, and interacting with local community groups, women's groups, artists, musicians, religious leaders and more. TIME magazine reported, "CCS's Insight Programs offer behind-the-scenes, personalized explorations and feature access to places tourists usually don't see..."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...