The pavilion showcasing Seychelles holidays one of the most visited at World Expo
The Seychelles pavilion at the World Expo in China has been enjoying much attention from visitors who queue up to see the eye-catching stand exhibiting the best of what this beautiful destination has to offer.
The pavilion showcasing Seychelles holidays has been experiencing daily queues with visitors spanning over 100 metres, the Ambassador Philippe Le Gall revealed today.
Giving visitors a taste of the kind of holidays that can be enjoyed in the Seychelles, the “Seychelles’ Pavilion, enjoying a central location near the African Pavilion, welcomed its 10 millionth visitor two weeks ago, and ever since it has continued to attract attention due to the beauty of the stand, which Michael Adams assisted in designing.
Mr. Le Gall, who is the Seychelles ambassador to China adds “The flow of visitors has been non-stop everyday from 9:30 am till 10:00 am”
Two Seychelles holidays representatives, who were working at the Seychelles stand for the last three months, said that working at the Expo was a unique experience with thousands of people flocking down to the brightly-designed stand presenting visitors with beautiful images of holidays in Seychelles.
Ms. Marie-Paule Lesperence, an SBC journalist who worked at the Expo, said that the beauty of the pavilion, complemented by some of the best lighting there, kept the flow of visitors constant.
“Everybody wanted a souvenir of the specially-designed stamp because the design of the two tortoises chosen, which symbolse something very important to them,” revealed Ms. Genevieve Hoareau, from the Seychelles Tourism Board, who is the second of the two women. “All the Commissioner Generals of the World Expo complemented our stamp as being the best at the Expo.”
The stamp used to represent Seychelles holidays, which consists of two tortoises, was inspired by the gift of two giant Aldabra tortoises that Seychelles made to the Bureau of Shanghai World Expo Coordination last year. The tortoises, currently being raised in the Shanghai zoo, were considered as a sign of the supreme friendship between Seychelles and China and were given a lot of media attention.
The World Expo will continue exhibiting the best of Seychelles holidays until 31st October, 2011 by which time the African Pavilion is expected to be celebrating having received 20 million visitors.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Relax and unwind in the beautiful Seychelles before an exciting Arabian getaway in Dubai
- Take advantage of the Wi-Fi access in all the public areas
- Explore the famous night market in Mahé
- Benefit for a Shuttle bus service to major shopping centre in Dubai
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Relax and unwind on two of the islands best beaches at constance ephelia resort
- Treat your taste buds to culinary treats whether you choose Ã la carte or buffets
- Children will love the kids club which welcomes 4-11 year olds
- Indulge in the U-Spa by Constance designed to restore your well-being
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Prepare yourself for a memorable holiday at the Avani Seychelles, where you will be able to admire a blend of beautiful...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The Avani Seychelles is set on the sandy Bay of Barbarons on the west coast of Mahe. This area of dramatic mountains,...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Situated on the northern coast of Mahe, Villa Koket is ideal for those looking for a peaceful self-catering getaway near...