The pavilion showcasing Seychelles holidays one of the most visited at World Expo
The Seychelles pavilion at the World Expo in China has been enjoying much attention from visitors who queue up to see the eye-catching stand exhibiting the best of what this beautiful destination has to offer.
The pavilion showcasing Seychelles holidays has been experiencing daily queues with visitors spanning over 100 metres, the Ambassador Philippe Le Gall revealed today.
Giving visitors a taste of the kind of holidays that can be enjoyed in the Seychelles, the “Seychelles’ Pavilion, enjoying a central location near the African Pavilion, welcomed its 10 millionth visitor two weeks ago, and ever since it has continued to attract attention due to the beauty of the stand, which Michael Adams assisted in designing.
Mr. Le Gall, who is the Seychelles ambassador to China adds “The flow of visitors has been non-stop everyday from 9:30 am till 10:00 am”
Two Seychelles holidays representatives, who were working at the Seychelles stand for the last three months, said that working at the Expo was a unique experience with thousands of people flocking down to the brightly-designed stand presenting visitors with beautiful images of holidays in Seychelles.
Ms. Marie-Paule Lesperence, an SBC journalist who worked at the Expo, said that the beauty of the pavilion, complemented by some of the best lighting there, kept the flow of visitors constant.
“Everybody wanted a souvenir of the specially-designed stamp because the design of the two tortoises chosen, which symbolse something very important to them,” revealed Ms. Genevieve Hoareau, from the Seychelles Tourism Board, who is the second of the two women. “All the Commissioner Generals of the World Expo complemented our stamp as being the best at the Expo.”
The stamp used to represent Seychelles holidays, which consists of two tortoises, was inspired by the gift of two giant Aldabra tortoises that Seychelles made to the Bureau of Shanghai World Expo Coordination last year. The tortoises, currently being raised in the Shanghai zoo, were considered as a sign of the supreme friendship between Seychelles and China and were given a lot of media attention.
The World Expo will continue exhibiting the best of Seychelles holidays until 31st October, 2011 by which time the African Pavilion is expected to be celebrating having received 20 million visitors.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Treat yourself to a luxury break in the Seychelles combined with an exciting stay in Dubai
- Take advantage of the close proximity to all the local attractions in Dubai
- Discover a wide range of exquisite dining options in the Seychelles
- Practice yoga in the natural surroundings of Silhouette Island
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Discover a Kruger adventure in South Africa ahead of a relaxing treat in the Seychelles
- Drift away with a combination of Oriental traditions and modern skincare at the Duniye Spa
- Visit Centre for Endangered Species allowing visitors the opportunity to view and interact with a variety of animals
- Enjoy the thrills of river rafting, tubing, abseiling, zipline, aerial cable trail and quad biking
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...