How Egypt holidays to Luxor have become more affordable
With the new set of cheaper-than-cheap Easyjet flights announced for the 2010-2010 winter season, it's no surprise that Luxor holidays are becoming more accessible than ever. Here we discuss exactly how.
With the news of Easyjet now operating a twice-weekly service to Luxor for the winter season, we look at how Egypt holidays in this popular resort have become more affordable.
"Luxor had been starved of direct flights from the UK, especially during the peak winter season, so this is extremely positive news," says Philip Breckner, commercial director of Discover Egypt.
Breckner strongly believes that the new easyJet flights will encourage more visitors to extend their Egypt holidays after taking a Nile cruise and thinks that many will also use the flights simply to visit Luxor.
Discover Egypt already incorporates easyJet flights in its programmes to Hurghada and Sharm-el-Sheik. It says the new flights will allow for more flexible itineraries in the region.
The price for a seven-night Nile cruise starting and ending in Luxor is £699 per person, including return flights, transfers in resort, full-board cruise and ten land-based excursions.
This is for departures in December 2010 and cruises on the five-star Viking Princess. Seven nights' bed-and-breakfast at the four-star El Luxor hotel on the Corniche costs from £299 per person including easyJet flights, transfers and accommodation.
In the meantime, we at The Holiday Place have also already created great bargain Egypt holidays in Luxor flying with Easyjet with prices starting from as little as £399 for a 7-night Nile Cruise with a bonus of 2 extra nights stay, absolutely free!
Does that sound like more than enough reasons to prove that now is the time to head to luxury Egypt holidays in Luxor and enjoy massive savings? We think so.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Luxor Browse all
Take in magnificent views of the Nile, visit the Karnak Temple and explore the town of Luxor whilst staying in comfort.
- Wide choice of restaurants will please everyone: enjoy the sunset at Sundowner Terrace located direct to the Nile
- A beautiful setting on the banks of the Nile, just 3km from Karnak Temple, and 18km from the airport
- Wonderful for sports enthusiasts, who can combine the wonder of Luxor with an opportunity to play many different sports
Built in 1886 to host nobility, this hotel exudes historic beauty and European charm, with excellent facilities to match
- Superb dining facilities including 1886, an a la carte restaurant, La Corniche for breakfasts and dinner and El Nakheel for snacks by the pool
- The hotel gardens allow guests to relax in beautiful surroundings complete with a large swimming pool or enjoy a cocktail on the terrace as the sun sets over the Nile
- Squash and tennis court as well as live entertainment to cater for all tastes
Ideally located on the eastern bank of the Nile, the hotel offers an oasis of luxury with excellent facilities and beautiful views across the Nile
- This hotel is a haven of relaxation where you can lie back in a sun lounge immersed in one of the hotel's infinity pools or relax in a shaded hammock and take in the views
- There are seven restaurants and bars to chose from including the elegant Sunset Lounge and Terrace which serves cocktails and snacks as well as stunning sunset views
- The Hilton Luxor features contemporary guest rooms, excellent facilities and uninterrupted views across the Nile
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonder, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £199pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
Mena House Hotel lies in the shadow of one of the ancient wonders of the world, the Great Pyramids of Giza. This...
Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of Giza. Set just a...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Experience the thrill of a jaunt to the famous Valley of the Kings as you explore one of Egypt's touristic gems, Luxor....
Enjoying a central location in Luxor, directly on the banks of the Nile and within 10 min walking distance from Luxor...