CHTA will hold 'Taste of the Caribbean' and 'Small Hotels Retreat'
This year two fantastic Caribbean events are due to take place between 9-12 September 2010, in Puerto Rico's Rio Mar Beach Resort, marking the first time 'Taste of the Caribbean' and 'Small Hotels Retreat' take place simultaneously.
This autumn, showcasing the best of Caribbean holidays, the Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association (CHTA), in conjunction with the Puerto Rico Tourism Company (PRTC), the Puerto Rico Hotel and Tourism Association (PRHTA) and the Puerto Rico Convention Bureau (PRCB) will present two of its annual events simultaneously. The Small Hotels Retreat is due to take place from 9 - 11th Septmeber, 2010 while the Taste of the Caribbean culinary event and regional competition is set to run between 9 - 12th 2010 - both to be held at the Rio Mar Beach Resort, a Wyndham Grand Resort in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico.
"Taste of the Caribbean" is the one Caribbean food and beverage event and competition not to be missed; the one annual event giving attendees the opportunity to network, polish professional skills and cheer on colleagues in competition, before a large audience of industry peers and consumer culinary enthusiasts.
But there’s much more to it than that. Taste of the Caribbean provides education and inspiration on Caribbean holidays through seminars, workshops, tastings and demonstrations, created to enhance performance, style and profitability in food and beverage operations.
On the other hand, the Small Hotels Retreat, "Serving the Needs of Small & Independent Hoteliers," is primarily for small Caribbean hotels consisting of 75 rooms or less however, it is open to all CHTA members. The conference program is designed by small hoteliers specifically for small and independent Caribbean hoteliers. During last year's conference in the U.S. Virgin Islands, a total of 196 delegates participated, of which 88 were hoteliers and seven were hotel association executives. A total of 17 countries were represented at the Small Hotels Retreat in 2009.
The event is created by small hoteliers for hoteliers, focusing on marketing skills, technology, and human resource development. Seminars and round table discussions cover different aspects of those critical areas. In addition, allied members who specialize in serving smaller hospitality operations demonstrate their products and services at the trade show. The Retreat is an informal gathering by design, intended to foster the open exchange of ideas and experiences. The event's informality and networking opportunities allows every hotelier to increase their knowledge on the different Caribbean holidays products by attending the event.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- The first 30 bookings for travel in September or October will also get free upgrades to Sea View rooms in both hotels
- Exclusive Free Havana city tour, visiting Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...