CHTA will hold 'Taste of the Caribbean' and 'Small Hotels Retreat'
This year two fantastic Caribbean events are due to take place between 9-12 September 2010, in Puerto Rico's Rio Mar Beach Resort, marking the first time 'Taste of the Caribbean' and 'Small Hotels Retreat' take place simultaneously.
This autumn, showcasing the best of Caribbean holidays, the Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association (CHTA), in conjunction with the Puerto Rico Tourism Company (PRTC), the Puerto Rico Hotel and Tourism Association (PRHTA) and the Puerto Rico Convention Bureau (PRCB) will present two of its annual events simultaneously. The Small Hotels Retreat is due to take place from 9 - 11th Septmeber, 2010 while the Taste of the Caribbean culinary event and regional competition is set to run between 9 - 12th 2010 - both to be held at the Rio Mar Beach Resort, a Wyndham Grand Resort in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico.
"Taste of the Caribbean" is the one Caribbean food and beverage event and competition not to be missed; the one annual event giving attendees the opportunity to network, polish professional skills and cheer on colleagues in competition, before a large audience of industry peers and consumer culinary enthusiasts.
But there’s much more to it than that. Taste of the Caribbean provides education and inspiration on Caribbean holidays through seminars, workshops, tastings and demonstrations, created to enhance performance, style and profitability in food and beverage operations.
On the other hand, the Small Hotels Retreat, "Serving the Needs of Small & Independent Hoteliers," is primarily for small Caribbean hotels consisting of 75 rooms or less however, it is open to all CHTA members. The conference program is designed by small hoteliers specifically for small and independent Caribbean hoteliers. During last year's conference in the U.S. Virgin Islands, a total of 196 delegates participated, of which 88 were hoteliers and seven were hotel association executives. A total of 17 countries were represented at the Small Hotels Retreat in 2009.
The event is created by small hoteliers for hoteliers, focusing on marketing skills, technology, and human resource development. Seminars and round table discussions cover different aspects of those critical areas. In addition, allied members who specialize in serving smaller hospitality operations demonstrate their products and services at the trade show. The Retreat is an informal gathering by design, intended to foster the open exchange of ideas and experiences. The event's informality and networking opportunities allows every hotelier to increase their knowledge on the different Caribbean holidays products by attending the event.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...