Absolute expands in the Goa holidays market with new U hotel
Absolute is introducing yet another new hotel to the Goa holidays market with their acquisition of a new resort to be re-named and re-designed under the "U" collection of hotels and resort. The re-branded resort is expected to open in 2nd quarter of 2011.
Expanding in the Goa holidays market, the Chairman of Absolute Hotel Services India, Jonathan Wigley recently unveiled the plans for a new resort project in Goa with Swift Boutique Hotels Pvt. Ltd. The existing resort itself will be fully renovated to reflect Absolute's "U" brand, and will be managed and branded as a member of the chain of U Hotels & Resorts. Bringing "U" India holidays to Goa, the new re-branded resort plans to open in the second quarter of 2011.
Located in Candolim Beach in the north of Goa and near the town, the luxury 21-room resort will be a really lavish boutique resort in the north of island. Uner the "U" brand the hotel will feature eight rooms with outdoor Jacuzzi and private gardens located on the ground floor, eight rooms with balcony on the first floor, two suites with private plunge pool and open sunbathing terraces and three villas with private plunge pool and spa area. After the re-branding process is over, the overall design of the architecture and interior will combine the fundamental nature and spirit of Goa holidays blending it with a contemporary lifestyle. Other facilities of the new "U" in Goa include a bar, a restaurant, gym and a library.
The Indian island of Goa is geographically divided into North and South Goa. The main places of interest to visit during holidays in North Goa include the capital Panaji (Panjim), Mapusa, old Goa and the stretch of famous beaches for which Goa is well known. Panaji is on the south bank of the river Mandovi and is the capital of Goa State. The Portuguese heritage is visible everywhere in the architecture, the many churches, the friendly casual ambience of the bars and cafes.
As prove of Absolute group's ambitious expansion in the Indian Ocean other U Hotels & Resorts developing in the region include; Thailand: U Sathorn Bangkok (2012), U Phuket (2011), U Khao Yai (2012) Vietnam: U Hang Choiu Hanoi (2011), U GTC Hanoi (2012) India: U Desertscape Jodhpur (2011), U Ahmedabad (2011), U KBJ Grand Varanasi (2012), U KBJ La Casa Bella Goa (2012), U KBJ Stupas Kushinagar (2012), U KBJ Five Colours Bodhgaya (2012), U KBJ Touchstone Khajuraho (2012) Indonesia: U Paasha Seminyak Bali (2011), U Ubud Bali ( 2011), U Ristia Jimbaran Bali (2012).
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
A magical journey on the fastest train in India - A truly once-in-a-lifetime experience to see the Golden Triangle
Travel through the heart of this wonderful country unearthing many hidden gems and witnessing many of India's most famous landmarks and monuments
- Journey on the fantastic Gatimaan Express, India's first train of it's type that was launched in April 2016
- Enjoy various excursions along the way such as a rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, Jeep ride ascending Amber Fort and a Rajasthani feast with a local family, all included
- Travel between New Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, with English speaking local guides for sightseeing and excursion tours
Explore India's famed landmarks and rich culture on an all-encompassing adventure that leaves no stone unturned
- Call now to upgrade to a private tour, including a private car and driver, and personal local guides
- Envisage many world renowned sights including the Taj Mahal with amazing inclusions to experience such as an exclusive Rajasthani Feast
- During the tour you'll be able to enjoy various extras including a bicycle rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, a Chambal River Safari and much more
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Discover the enchantment of India and marvel at the splendour of the Golden Triangle in style, then follow in the footsteps of the great sultans on a Tiger Safari
- See the Majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, see the Red Fort and then walk down the bustling streets of Chandni Chowk in Delhi
- Tour includes Horse Carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal and Elephant Ride to the Amber Fort
- Discover Ranthambore National Park's Jungle Safari
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
This fantastic package allows you to discover the delights of the Superior Golden Triangle Tour where you will explore...
Enjoy an India adventure with this ten night tour of some of India's most mystical cities and attractions. This is a...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
India can make a strong claim to be the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the...