Absolute expands in the Goa holidays market with new U hotel
Absolute is introducing yet another new hotel to the Goa holidays market with their acquisition of a new resort to be re-named and re-designed under the "U" collection of hotels and resort. The re-branded resort is expected to open in 2nd quarter of 2011.
Expanding in the Goa holidays market, the Chairman of Absolute Hotel Services India, Jonathan Wigley recently unveiled the plans for a new resort project in Goa with Swift Boutique Hotels Pvt. Ltd. The existing resort itself will be fully renovated to reflect Absolute's "U" brand, and will be managed and branded as a member of the chain of U Hotels & Resorts. Bringing "U" India holidays to Goa, the new re-branded resort plans to open in the second quarter of 2011.
Located in Candolim Beach in the north of Goa and near the town, the luxury 21-room resort will be a really lavish boutique resort in the north of island. Uner the "U" brand the hotel will feature eight rooms with outdoor Jacuzzi and private gardens located on the ground floor, eight rooms with balcony on the first floor, two suites with private plunge pool and open sunbathing terraces and three villas with private plunge pool and spa area. After the re-branding process is over, the overall design of the architecture and interior will combine the fundamental nature and spirit of Goa holidays blending it with a contemporary lifestyle. Other facilities of the new "U" in Goa include a bar, a restaurant, gym and a library.
The Indian island of Goa is geographically divided into North and South Goa. The main places of interest to visit during holidays in North Goa include the capital Panaji (Panjim), Mapusa, old Goa and the stretch of famous beaches for which Goa is well known. Panaji is on the south bank of the river Mandovi and is the capital of Goa State. The Portuguese heritage is visible everywhere in the architecture, the many churches, the friendly casual ambience of the bars and cafes.
As prove of Absolute group's ambitious expansion in the Indian Ocean other U Hotels & Resorts developing in the region include; Thailand: U Sathorn Bangkok (2012), U Phuket (2011), U Khao Yai (2012) Vietnam: U Hang Choiu Hanoi (2011), U GTC Hanoi (2012) India: U Desertscape Jodhpur (2011), U Ahmedabad (2011), U KBJ Grand Varanasi (2012), U KBJ La Casa Bella Goa (2012), U KBJ Stupas Kushinagar (2012), U KBJ Five Colours Bodhgaya (2012), U KBJ Touchstone Khajuraho (2012) Indonesia: U Paasha Seminyak Bali (2011), U Ubud Bali ( 2011), U Ristia Jimbaran Bali (2012).
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Enjoy the highlights of Cochin, Periyar National Park and Alleppey which is on everyones must-visit list for Kerala
Glimpses of Kerala allows you to see the unique geographical features that have made it one of the most sought after tourist destinations in Asia
- Add on private tours from an extra Â£99 per person, Â£300Â off the Âusual price (includes private car, driver and guides)
- Add a 7-night Golden Triangle tour (Delhi, Agra and Jaipur) from Â£499 per person
- Add three nights at the beachfront Samudra hotel in Kovalam, with breakfast, from Â£170 more per person including transfers
- Enjoy various extras on the tour including Half day sightseeing of Cochin, Kathakali dance performance, boat ride on Lake Periya and Guided walk through a Spice plantation
- The Houseboat offers a floating holiday on the backwaters highway with Rainbow Cruises and is perhaps the most enchanting holiday experience in the world
- English speaking guide will be available throughout your once in a life-time trip
Be moved by India's icons; from the majestic Taj Mahal to the natural beauty of Keoladeo National Park - this is India at its best.
- Experience the Royal Maharaja lifestyle with a stay in a wonderful Bharatpur Palace
- Discover the magnificent City Palace Museum and enjoy an authentic Rajasthani feast in Jaipur
- See Humayun's Tomb in Delhi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the first garden-tomb on the Indian subcontinent
A magical journey on the fastest train in India - A truly once-in-a-lifetime experience to see the Golden Triangle
Travel through the heart of this wonderful country unearthing many hidden gems and witnessing many of India's most famous landmarks and monuments
- Enjoy various excursions along the way such as a rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, Jeep ride ascending Amber Fort and a Rajasthani feast with a local family, all included
- Journey on the fastest train in India, the country's very own 'Bullet Train' that was launched in April 2016
- Travel between New Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, with English speaking local guides for sightseeing and excursion tours
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Travelling by train, the ever-changing scenery will slowly unfold as you move from city to city on this exciting...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
India can make a strong claim to be the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the...