Air Seychelles to comply with european emission regulations onboard Seychelles flights
Air Seychelles has started to comply with monitoring and reporting requirements onboard its Europe, British and Seychelles flights in order to meet European Union emission trading requirements and if necessary, the airline will buy extra carbon credits.
As airlines that travel into European airspace struggle to meet the requirements of the European Union emission trading scheme, Air Seychelles has begun to put measures and procedures in place to comply with requirements on its European, British and Seychelles flights.
The Seychelles' national airline will be expected to buy carbon credits if necessary but once the first schedule of reports has been submitted to the European Union and reviewed by experts, the airline may be able to use free carbon credits.
Air Seychelles operates scheduled flights to Britain, Italy and charter Seychelles flights from mainland Europe and Britain to the Indian Ocean group of islands. The airline also operates flights from the UK to the Falkland Islands which fall under the European Union's new regulations and requirements.
The data processing and reporting was carried out by an outside company, Aviation Footprinter, to ensure accuracy and full compliance for the EU emission trading scheme.
The Seychelles flag carrier has confirmed that will acquiring their first two Boeing B787 Dreamliners by 2013. The aircraft, which is said to be Boeing's most fuel-efficient aircraft, will be used to take passengers on Seychelles holidays from Europe and Britain as well as new planned routes to international destinations.
Air Seychelles is based in Mahe and operates inter-island Seychelles flights and international flights. The airline is owned by the Seychelles government and has been operating since 1978 where it started out at Seychelles International Airport as a domestic airline offering Seychelles flights for islanders.
In October 1983, the national carrier launched its first flight to Europe: Mahe – Frankfurt – London. The airline now offers Seychelles flights to and from eight destinations on three continents including Praslin, Seychelles, Mahe Seychelles, Mauritius, Johannesburg, Singapore, London, Paris, Rome, and Milan.
With five aircraft for international flights at present, the airline offers two class categories onboard its Seychelles flights; Pearl Class and Economy Class.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...