Air Seychelles to comply with european emission regulations onboard Seychelles flights
Air Seychelles has started to comply with monitoring and reporting requirements onboard its Europe, British and Seychelles flights in order to meet European Union emission trading requirements and if necessary, the airline will buy extra carbon credits.
As airlines that travel into European airspace struggle to meet the requirements of the European Union emission trading scheme, Air Seychelles has begun to put measures and procedures in place to comply with requirements on its European, British and Seychelles flights.
The Seychelles' national airline will be expected to buy carbon credits if necessary but once the first schedule of reports has been submitted to the European Union and reviewed by experts, the airline may be able to use free carbon credits.
Air Seychelles operates scheduled flights to Britain, Italy and charter Seychelles flights from mainland Europe and Britain to the Indian Ocean group of islands. The airline also operates flights from the UK to the Falkland Islands which fall under the European Union's new regulations and requirements.
The data processing and reporting was carried out by an outside company, Aviation Footprinter, to ensure accuracy and full compliance for the EU emission trading scheme.
The Seychelles flag carrier has confirmed that will acquiring their first two Boeing B787 Dreamliners by 2013. The aircraft, which is said to be Boeing's most fuel-efficient aircraft, will be used to take passengers on Seychelles holidays from Europe and Britain as well as new planned routes to international destinations.
Air Seychelles is based in Mahe and operates inter-island Seychelles flights and international flights. The airline is owned by the Seychelles government and has been operating since 1978 where it started out at Seychelles International Airport as a domestic airline offering Seychelles flights for islanders.
In October 1983, the national carrier launched its first flight to Europe: Mahe – Frankfurt – London. The airline now offers Seychelles flights to and from eight destinations on three continents including Praslin, Seychelles, Mahe Seychelles, Mauritius, Johannesburg, Singapore, London, Paris, Rome, and Milan.
With five aircraft for international flights at present, the airline offers two class categories onboard its Seychelles flights; Pearl Class and Economy Class.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...