Air Seychelles to comply with european emission regulations onboard Seychelles flights
Air Seychelles has started to comply with monitoring and reporting requirements onboard its Europe, British and Seychelles flights in order to meet European Union emission trading requirements and if necessary, the airline will buy extra carbon credits.
As airlines that travel into European airspace struggle to meet the requirements of the European Union emission trading scheme, Air Seychelles has begun to put measures and procedures in place to comply with requirements on its European, British and Seychelles flights.
The Seychelles' national airline will be expected to buy carbon credits if necessary but once the first schedule of reports has been submitted to the European Union and reviewed by experts, the airline may be able to use free carbon credits.
Air Seychelles operates scheduled flights to Britain, Italy and charter Seychelles flights from mainland Europe and Britain to the Indian Ocean group of islands. The airline also operates flights from the UK to the Falkland Islands which fall under the European Union's new regulations and requirements.
The data processing and reporting was carried out by an outside company, Aviation Footprinter, to ensure accuracy and full compliance for the EU emission trading scheme.
The Seychelles flag carrier has confirmed that will acquiring their first two Boeing B787 Dreamliners by 2013. The aircraft, which is said to be Boeing's most fuel-efficient aircraft, will be used to take passengers on Seychelles holidays from Europe and Britain as well as new planned routes to international destinations.
Air Seychelles is based in Mahe and operates inter-island Seychelles flights and international flights. The airline is owned by the Seychelles government and has been operating since 1978 where it started out at Seychelles International Airport as a domestic airline offering Seychelles flights for islanders.
In October 1983, the national carrier launched its first flight to Europe: Mahe – Frankfurt – London. The airline now offers Seychelles flights to and from eight destinations on three continents including Praslin, Seychelles, Mahe Seychelles, Mauritius, Johannesburg, Singapore, London, Paris, Rome, and Milan.
With five aircraft for international flights at present, the airline offers two class categories onboard its Seychelles flights; Pearl Class and Economy Class.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...