Air Seychelles to comply with european emission regulations onboard Seychelles flights
Air Seychelles has started to comply with monitoring and reporting requirements onboard its Europe, British and Seychelles flights in order to meet European Union emission trading requirements and if necessary, the airline will buy extra carbon credits.
As airlines that travel into European airspace struggle to meet the requirements of the European Union emission trading scheme, Air Seychelles has begun to put measures and procedures in place to comply with requirements on its European, British and Seychelles flights.
The Seychelles' national airline will be expected to buy carbon credits if necessary but once the first schedule of reports has been submitted to the European Union and reviewed by experts, the airline may be able to use free carbon credits.
Air Seychelles operates scheduled flights to Britain, Italy and charter Seychelles flights from mainland Europe and Britain to the Indian Ocean group of islands. The airline also operates flights from the UK to the Falkland Islands which fall under the European Union's new regulations and requirements.
The data processing and reporting was carried out by an outside company, Aviation Footprinter, to ensure accuracy and full compliance for the EU emission trading scheme.
The Seychelles flag carrier has confirmed that will acquiring their first two Boeing B787 Dreamliners by 2013. The aircraft, which is said to be Boeing's most fuel-efficient aircraft, will be used to take passengers on Seychelles holidays from Europe and Britain as well as new planned routes to international destinations.
Air Seychelles is based in Mahe and operates inter-island Seychelles flights and international flights. The airline is owned by the Seychelles government and has been operating since 1978 where it started out at Seychelles International Airport as a domestic airline offering Seychelles flights for islanders.
In October 1983, the national carrier launched its first flight to Europe: Mahe – Frankfurt – London. The airline now offers Seychelles flights to and from eight destinations on three continents including Praslin, Seychelles, Mahe Seychelles, Mauritius, Johannesburg, Singapore, London, Paris, Rome, and Milan.
With five aircraft for international flights at present, the airline offers two class categories onboard its Seychelles flights; Pearl Class and Economy Class.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from £99 per person
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...