Authentic Arabian Dubai holidays with Media One's Ramadan festival
After only 9 months since its opening, the Media One hotel will host its first ever Ramadan-themed celebration with a range of interactive activities and traditions to give guests a taste of true Arabia during this year's Holy Month at the hotel.
For the first time ever Dubai holidays at the Media One Rotana will be in the full swing of Ramadan festivities as the hotel launches a range of Ramadan activities celebrating the Holy Month, marking the first year the hotel dresses in Ramadan colours.
With plenty of varied activities on offer to take guests on a learning journey through some of the Middle East' most fascinating traditions and local folklore, those staying at the Media One during their Dubai holidays will be able to fully submerge in the magic of Arabia during this year's Holy Month. The Media One with a blend of tradition and modern in the coolest of settings for Ramadan 2010.
The hotel now opens its doors to pay tribute to Arabic culture with guests being invited to experience the genuine hospitality of Arabia. Traditional Iftar buffets will be served every day from sunset until 9.00pm offering a variety of Arabic dishes for only AED 129 per person, with special deals of AED 99 per person for groups of 10 or more.
Contemporary Arabic calligraphy features greatly throughout the hotel; from being used for the decoration for the restaurant to a hosted calligraphy exhibition by celebrated artist, Wissam Shawkat in the lobby, capturing the elegance of the Arabic written word and its use in traditional and contemporary artwork.
Cora Conceicao-Stuart, General Manager, said: "The Holy Month of Ramadan highlights the spirit of charity and togetherness. Celebrating these values, Media One Hotel will offer guests a refreshing yet authentic Arabian experience. We are delighted to be hosting Wissam Shawkats contemporary calligraphy exhibition as his colorful abstractions are today the expressions of a unique voice that breaks boundaries and speaks to an international audience."
Media One Cares is the name given to the hotels CSR programme to raise funds and organise programmes to help uplift the disadvantaged in the UAE society and Ramadan is a key time to work with local charities. Wissam Shawkat is assisting by donating a limited edition calligraphy print for a silent auction.
Media One has plenty to offer its customers on Dubai holidays during Ramadan said Cora Conceicao-Stuart. The main aim is to raise as much money as possible for the good causes of the UAE, to sustain their local projects throughout the coming year.
The planned Ramadan activities at Media One will start from 11th August and finish on the last day of Eid.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
Experience the wonders of Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restaurants, sandy beaches and unmatched shopping, all for an unbeatable price
- Unwind in your beautifully designed room or suite featuring all your modern amenities and stunning views
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
Chill at The Palm's luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Six family swimming pools dotted around the resort
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning views over the Arabian Gulf
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board option available
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...