Authentic Arabian Dubai holidays with Media One's Ramadan festival
After only 9 months since its opening, the Media One hotel will host its first ever Ramadan-themed celebration with a range of interactive activities and traditions to give guests a taste of true Arabia during this year's Holy Month at the hotel.
For the first time ever Dubai holidays at the Media One Rotana will be in the full swing of Ramadan festivities as the hotel launches a range of Ramadan activities celebrating the Holy Month, marking the first year the hotel dresses in Ramadan colours.
With plenty of varied activities on offer to take guests on a learning journey through some of the Middle East' most fascinating traditions and local folklore, those staying at the Media One during their Dubai holidays will be able to fully submerge in the magic of Arabia during this year's Holy Month. The Media One with a blend of tradition and modern in the coolest of settings for Ramadan 2010.
The hotel now opens its doors to pay tribute to Arabic culture with guests being invited to experience the genuine hospitality of Arabia. Traditional Iftar buffets will be served every day from sunset until 9.00pm offering a variety of Arabic dishes for only AED 129 per person, with special deals of AED 99 per person for groups of 10 or more.
Contemporary Arabic calligraphy features greatly throughout the hotel; from being used for the decoration for the restaurant to a hosted calligraphy exhibition by celebrated artist, Wissam Shawkat in the lobby, capturing the elegance of the Arabic written word and its use in traditional and contemporary artwork.
Cora Conceicao-Stuart, General Manager, said: "The Holy Month of Ramadan highlights the spirit of charity and togetherness. Celebrating these values, Media One Hotel will offer guests a refreshing yet authentic Arabian experience. We are delighted to be hosting Wissam Shawkats contemporary calligraphy exhibition as his colorful abstractions are today the expressions of a unique voice that breaks boundaries and speaks to an international audience."
Media One Cares is the name given to the hotels CSR programme to raise funds and organise programmes to help uplift the disadvantaged in the UAE society and Ramadan is a key time to work with local charities. Wissam Shawkat is assisting by donating a limited edition calligraphy print for a silent auction.
Media One has plenty to offer its customers on Dubai holidays during Ramadan said Cora Conceicao-Stuart. The main aim is to raise as much money as possible for the good causes of the UAE, to sustain their local projects throughout the coming year.
The planned Ramadan activities at Media One will start from 11th August and finish on the last day of Eid.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
India is one of the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the colourful and vibrant cities...
Enjoy a stunning view on the east coast of Mauritius. This 4-star resort combines natural beauty and contemporary...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...