Humanitarian Cuba holidays with the Centre for Cuba studies
American citizens who feel the pain of the ban imposed by U.S authorities that forbids them for taking Cuba holidays, could soon be enjoying free travel to Cuba if the join the Center for Cuba Studies' humanitarian aid trips.
Having been providing accessible Cuba holidays for American citizens since 1991, the American Center for Cuban Studies (cubanartspace.net) recently announced the dates for the upcoming 2010-2011 trips to Cuba organised by Marazul Charters.
Perfect for individual travellers or groups and even for those who would prefer to take Cuba holidays during different dates, the Center for Cuban Studies may be able to accommodate all requests by using their humanitarian aid license for travel.
All of those willing to go on specially rewarding Cuba holidays where they'll be assisting the local community as part of the humanitarian aid project will qualify to participate under the Center for Cuban Studies specific license for travel.
The humanitarian aid project is intended to help children with Down syndrome engage in art-related activities with
sufficient materials to allow them to study and work in drawing, painting, printmaking, ceramics, photography, video art and sculpture
There will be time for humanitarian travellers to pursue their individual interests during their Cuba holidays, in addition to the scheduled programs (listed below).
The approximate cost for each group trip includes round-trip air fare from Miami-Havana, Cuban visa, Cuba hotels in Havana(double-room), breakfast every day, welcoming and farewell dinners and occasional other lunches and dinners, all transportation within Cuba, Cuban guide/translator + CCS representative, health insurance while in Cuba, and packet of informational materials. Single-rooms are available at an additional cost.
Hopefuls wanting to participate in this humanitarian trip must be aware that they must be a full-time educator in order to participate on the Educators' Delegation and a full-time art professional to participate on the Folk Art Seminar. For the humanitarian aid trips and work there are no specific qualifications or requirements.
All 2011 humanitarian aid trips are contingent upon the renewal of the centre's humanitarian aid license. The activities planned for the 2010 charitable Cuba holidays are scheduled as follows:
- November 24th-28th Humanitarian Aid Trip (Havana and Pinar del Rio) $1600
- December 8th-18th Cuban Folk Art Seminar (Havana, Pinar del Rio, Cienfuegos, Trinidad, Camaguey, Santa Clara, and Remedios) $3500
- December 26th-January 2nd Humanitarian Aid Trip (Havana and Pinar del Rio) $2200
- December 26th-January 2nd Educators Delegation (Havana) $2200
- February 20th-27th Educators Delegation (Havana and Pinar del Rio) $2000
- April 15th-25th Humanitarian Aid Trip (Santiago, Havana, and Pinar del Rio) $2800
If you are interested in taking Cuba holidays with a deeper meaning and a samaritan spirit then you book any (or all) of these trips by getting in touchJesse Alter from TraveltoCubaNow or visit the cubanartspace.net website.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars.
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches.
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more.
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
The ultimate beach holiday experience awaits you at Los Cactus, a Caribbean paradise for golf-lovers and scuba...