Humanitarian Cuba holidays with the Centre for Cuba studies
American citizens who feel the pain of the ban imposed by U.S authorities that forbids them for taking Cuba holidays, could soon be enjoying free travel to Cuba if the join the Center for Cuba Studies' humanitarian aid trips.
Having been providing accessible Cuba holidays for American citizens since 1991, the American Center for Cuban Studies (cubanartspace.net) recently announced the dates for the upcoming 2010-2011 trips to Cuba organised by Marazul Charters.
Perfect for individual travellers or groups and even for those who would prefer to take Cuba holidays during different dates, the Center for Cuban Studies may be able to accommodate all requests by using their humanitarian aid license for travel.
All of those willing to go on specially rewarding Cuba holidays where they'll be assisting the local community as part of the humanitarian aid project will qualify to participate under the Center for Cuban Studies specific license for travel.
The humanitarian aid project is intended to help children with Down syndrome engage in art-related activities with
sufficient materials to allow them to study and work in drawing, painting, printmaking, ceramics, photography, video art and sculpture
There will be time for humanitarian travellers to pursue their individual interests during their Cuba holidays, in addition to the scheduled programs (listed below).
The approximate cost for each group trip includes round-trip air fare from Miami-Havana, Cuban visa, Cuba hotels in Havana(double-room), breakfast every day, welcoming and farewell dinners and occasional other lunches and dinners, all transportation within Cuba, Cuban guide/translator + CCS representative, health insurance while in Cuba, and packet of informational materials. Single-rooms are available at an additional cost.
Hopefuls wanting to participate in this humanitarian trip must be aware that they must be a full-time educator in order to participate on the Educators' Delegation and a full-time art professional to participate on the Folk Art Seminar. For the humanitarian aid trips and work there are no specific qualifications or requirements.
All 2011 humanitarian aid trips are contingent upon the renewal of the centre's humanitarian aid license. The activities planned for the 2010 charitable Cuba holidays are scheduled as follows:
- November 24th-28th Humanitarian Aid Trip (Havana and Pinar del Rio) $1600
- December 8th-18th Cuban Folk Art Seminar (Havana, Pinar del Rio, Cienfuegos, Trinidad, Camaguey, Santa Clara, and Remedios) $3500
- December 26th-January 2nd Humanitarian Aid Trip (Havana and Pinar del Rio) $2200
- December 26th-January 2nd Educators Delegation (Havana) $2200
- February 20th-27th Educators Delegation (Havana and Pinar del Rio) $2000
- April 15th-25th Humanitarian Aid Trip (Santiago, Havana, and Pinar del Rio) $2800
If you are interested in taking Cuba holidays with a deeper meaning and a samaritan spirit then you book any (or all) of these trips by getting in touchJesse Alter from TraveltoCubaNow or visit the cubanartspace.net website.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...