Humanitarian Cuba holidays with the Centre for Cuba studies
American citizens who feel the pain of the ban imposed by U.S authorities that forbids them for taking Cuba holidays, could soon be enjoying free travel to Cuba if the join the Center for Cuba Studies' humanitarian aid trips.
Having been providing accessible Cuba holidays for American citizens since 1991, the American Center for Cuban Studies (cubanartspace.net) recently announced the dates for the upcoming 2010-2011 trips to Cuba organised by Marazul Charters.
Perfect for individual travellers or groups and even for those who would prefer to take Cuba holidays during different dates, the Center for Cuban Studies may be able to accommodate all requests by using their humanitarian aid license for travel.
All of those willing to go on specially rewarding Cuba holidays where they'll be assisting the local community as part of the humanitarian aid project will qualify to participate under the Center for Cuban Studies specific license for travel.
The humanitarian aid project is intended to help children with Down syndrome engage in art-related activities with
sufficient materials to allow them to study and work in drawing, painting, printmaking, ceramics, photography, video art and sculpture
There will be time for humanitarian travellers to pursue their individual interests during their Cuba holidays, in addition to the scheduled programs (listed below).
The approximate cost for each group trip includes round-trip air fare from Miami-Havana, Cuban visa, Cuba hotels in Havana(double-room), breakfast every day, welcoming and farewell dinners and occasional other lunches and dinners, all transportation within Cuba, Cuban guide/translator + CCS representative, health insurance while in Cuba, and packet of informational materials. Single-rooms are available at an additional cost.
Hopefuls wanting to participate in this humanitarian trip must be aware that they must be a full-time educator in order to participate on the Educators' Delegation and a full-time art professional to participate on the Folk Art Seminar. For the humanitarian aid trips and work there are no specific qualifications or requirements.
All 2011 humanitarian aid trips are contingent upon the renewal of the centre's humanitarian aid license. The activities planned for the 2010 charitable Cuba holidays are scheduled as follows:
- November 24th-28th Humanitarian Aid Trip (Havana and Pinar del Rio) $1600
- December 8th-18th Cuban Folk Art Seminar (Havana, Pinar del Rio, Cienfuegos, Trinidad, Camaguey, Santa Clara, and Remedios) $3500
- December 26th-January 2nd Humanitarian Aid Trip (Havana and Pinar del Rio) $2200
- December 26th-January 2nd Educators Delegation (Havana) $2200
- February 20th-27th Educators Delegation (Havana and Pinar del Rio) $2000
- April 15th-25th Humanitarian Aid Trip (Santiago, Havana, and Pinar del Rio) $2800
If you are interested in taking Cuba holidays with a deeper meaning and a samaritan spirit then you book any (or all) of these trips by getting in touchJesse Alter from TraveltoCubaNow or visit the cubanartspace.net website.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
This all-inclusive resort plays host to one of the finest white sandy beaches in the world. The luscious coral reef is...