Etihad launches "all-economy" aircraft for passengers flying to and from its Abu Dhabi base
For the delight of budget-conscious travellers, Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways is debuting in the air travel industry with its first "all-economy" plane which are due to start flying to short-haul destinations from October 2010.
The main air carrier taking worldwide travellers to Abu Dhabi and Dubai holidays; Etihad Airways, the national carrier of the UAE, is introducing its first “all economy” class aircraft into its fleet in October 2010.
The launch aims to help the fast-growing carrier deliver an even more competitive product on key short-haul routes, which have high demand for economy traffic and low demand for premium traffic.
The two Airbus A320s will be configured to carry 162 economy class passengers, an increase of 42 from the current economy capacity. These will initially operate to Alexandria, Calicut, Colombo, Damascus, Doha and Thiruvananthapuram from Etihad’s Abu Dhabi base.
Plans are in place to expand the all-economy fleet to 10 A320 aircraft which will enable the airline to launch new short-haul destinations which have low demand for premium travel and also to existing Etihad destinations.
“Etihad has grown at a remarkable pace during the past six and a half years. We have built a strong brand and a robust business, and it is the right time to challenge the way we serve our various markets and segments.
“Our all economy aircraft will allow us to offer a more competitive product in key point-to-point markets in Asia, the Middle East, North Africa and the Indian Subcontinent, while maintaining the high standards of service we have become known for.” - declaredJames Hogan, Etihad Airways’ Chief Executive Officer.
Customers travelling on the new all-economy aircraft will receive the same award-winning, world-class service and product that is featured on its current narrow body fleet, such as seat back in-flight entertainment screens and hot and cold meals and beverages. Each seat has a 32 inch pitch.
Etihad triumphed at the World Travel Awards Middle East Ceremony 2010 in May when it picked up a host of top awards including “Middle’s East Leading Airline”, as well as “Middle East’s Leading Airline Economy Class”, “Middle East’s Leading Airline First Class” and “Middle East’s Leading Airline Inflight”. And last November Etihad was voted “World’s Leading Airline” at the World Travel Awards Grand Final in London.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from £99 per person
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...