Etihad launches "all-economy" aircraft for passengers flying to and from its Abu Dhabi base
For the delight of budget-conscious travellers, Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways is debuting in the air travel industry with its first "all-economy" plane which are due to start flying to short-haul destinations from October 2010.
The main air carrier taking worldwide travellers to Abu Dhabi and Dubai holidays; Etihad Airways, the national carrier of the UAE, is introducing its first “all economy” class aircraft into its fleet in October 2010.
The launch aims to help the fast-growing carrier deliver an even more competitive product on key short-haul routes, which have high demand for economy traffic and low demand for premium traffic.
The two Airbus A320s will be configured to carry 162 economy class passengers, an increase of 42 from the current economy capacity. These will initially operate to Alexandria, Calicut, Colombo, Damascus, Doha and Thiruvananthapuram from Etihad’s Abu Dhabi base.
Plans are in place to expand the all-economy fleet to 10 A320 aircraft which will enable the airline to launch new short-haul destinations which have low demand for premium travel and also to existing Etihad destinations.
“Etihad has grown at a remarkable pace during the past six and a half years. We have built a strong brand and a robust business, and it is the right time to challenge the way we serve our various markets and segments.
“Our all economy aircraft will allow us to offer a more competitive product in key point-to-point markets in Asia, the Middle East, North Africa and the Indian Subcontinent, while maintaining the high standards of service we have become known for.” - declaredJames Hogan, Etihad Airways’ Chief Executive Officer.
Customers travelling on the new all-economy aircraft will receive the same award-winning, world-class service and product that is featured on its current narrow body fleet, such as seat back in-flight entertainment screens and hot and cold meals and beverages. Each seat has a 32 inch pitch.
Etihad triumphed at the World Travel Awards Middle East Ceremony 2010 in May when it picked up a host of top awards including “Middle’s East Leading Airline”, as well as “Middle East’s Leading Airline Economy Class”, “Middle East’s Leading Airline First Class” and “Middle East’s Leading Airline Inflight”. And last November Etihad was voted “World’s Leading Airline” at the World Travel Awards Grand Final in London.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...