Abu Dhabi hotels become cheaper during 2010
A new global hotel survey carried out by Hogg Robinson Group has revealed that Abu Dhabi hotels are now less expensive for business travellers after room rates in the city dropped by 26 percent in the first half of 2010.
A new survey has shown findings that room rates of Abu Dhabi hotels have dropped significantly during the first half of 2010. The capital city of the United Arab Emirates has become less expensive for business travellers and visitors enjoying Abu Dhabi holidays as room rates have dropped by 26 percent.
During 2009 Abu Dhabi was the second most expensive city in the world for business travellers, overtaking Paris and New York, but in the first half of 2010, the city was ranked eighth out of 50 major cities in the world.
The survey on Abu Dhabi hotels was carried out by a global corporate travel services company, the Hogg Robinson Group, and found that despite an increase in travellers taking Abu Dhabi holidays in the first half of 2010, room rates in the Middle East decreased significantly in the UAE (specially in Abu Dhabi), Qatar, Oman, Bahrain.
Room rates at Abu Dhabi hotels fell by 25 percent in local currency and 26 percent in pound sterling in 2010; a disappointing result compared to a 38 percent growth in rates during the first half of 2009.
Dubai hotel room rates saw a 12 percent decrease and the city is ranked the 19th most expensive in the world. Abu Dhabi is the second largest city in the United Arab Emirates after Dubai and over the last few years, the city has become a popular destination for business travellers and tourists enjoying luxury holidays in Abu Dhabi.
The Middle East city is rich in culture and history and is an island located on the north eastern part of the Persian Gulf which is connected to the mainland by bridges.
Travellers enjoying holidays in Abu Dhabi can discover the city through a wide range of activities and attractions including watersports, golf, galleries, museums, temples, mosques, parks and numerous traditional and cosmopolitan shopping venues.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Enjoy 5 star luxury in the city centre, laze on the hotel's private beach and pop downstairs to the capital's most renowned shopping mall, the Abu Dhabi Mall.
- Ranked within the Top 10 on Tripadvisor
- 9 Restaurants and 2 Cafes offering award winning cuisine plus Zen the Spa for various treatments
- In the heart of Abu Dhabi next to Abu Dhabi Mall
Unwind and be pampered at a luxurious beachside retreat in the golden shores of the Arabian Gulf, on Abu Dhabi's Corniche.
- Upgrade your experience and book a room including tickets to Ferrari World or Yas Waterworld
- Up to two kids stay FREE
- Direct connection to Al Raha Mall for the perfect shopping experience
Enjoy your stay in Abu Dhabi at Shangri-La Qaryat Al Beri with stunning views of Abu Dhabi's landmark
- Enjoy stunning views of the Sheik Zayed Grand Mosque
- Relax on the private beach at the resort and at the luxurious Spa
- exclusively for our customers: free room upgrade on selected dates
- Walking distance to Abu Dhabi's duty free shopping malls and historial area
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Camp
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Get away from all your concerns and enjoy a tranquil 4-day stay at the luxurious Beach Rotana Hotel & Towers whilst you...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...
Facing the Lulu Island and the Arabian Gulf, the stunning Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche is located in the one of the most...
The Beach Rotana Hotel is set on a pristine stretch of white beach on the shores of the Arabian Sea. Located in the...