Cheap flights website list Cuba holidays as "rising star" for Canadian travellers
According to the website, Cheapflights.ca, the increase in Mexico and Cuba holidays for Canadian travellers has led to the regions becoming "rising stars" as tourists combine their holidays to the stunning Caribbean destinations.
Mexico and Cuba holidays have been listed as "rising stars" by the website Cheap Flights as more Canadian travellers are choosing twin centre holidays combining Havana city and Varadero Beach in Cuba.
The online travel company said that the number of Canadian tourists booking Havana trips increased by 92 percent and Mexico City by 83 percent during the first six months of 2010 compared to the same period last year.
Cheap Flights monitors the rise and fall of popular destinations by tracking the number of searches on its website. Recent results show that Havana and Mexico City were listed at the top of 100 destinations in Canada, the United States, Central America and the Caribbean.
Many travellers have chosen to combine city breaks with relaxing beach Cuba holidays as twin centre holidays become more popular. Travellers can enjoy the bustling vibrant streets of Havana one minute and then be relaxing on the pristine sandy beaches of Varadero the next.
Situated in the northern Caribbean Sea, Cuba is an island nation made up stunning beaches, mountainous terrain, historic sites and a tropical climate.
Home to the world's second largest barrier reef, Cuba attracts many visitors on scuba diving holidays and offers some of the best diving spots in the world with colourful coral and an array of marine species.
Cuba's capital city, Havana, is the Caribbean's largest and vivacious city full of Latino spirit, culture, cuisine, dancing and music. The cobbled streets ooze authenticity and around every corner is something new for the discerning traveller.
Varadero offers travellers enjoying Cuba holidays over 20km of white sand stunning pristine beaches, a vibrant nightlife and numerous luxury Cuba hotels.
An increase in flights from Canada to the Caribbean regions and the close proximity are also said to be some of the reasons why more Canadian travellers are booking Mexico and Cuba holidays.
According to the website's search results, St Louis in Missouri fell by 22 percent and Clearwater in Florida fell by 24 percent outing them at the bottom of the list of popular destinations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...