Cheap flights website list Cuba holidays as "rising star" for Canadian travellers
According to the website, Cheapflights.ca, the increase in Mexico and Cuba holidays for Canadian travellers has led to the regions becoming "rising stars" as tourists combine their holidays to the stunning Caribbean destinations.
Mexico and Cuba holidays have been listed as "rising stars" by the website Cheap Flights as more Canadian travellers are choosing twin centre holidays combining Havana city and Varadero Beach in Cuba.
The online travel company said that the number of Canadian tourists booking Havana trips increased by 92 percent and Mexico City by 83 percent during the first six months of 2010 compared to the same period last year.
Cheap Flights monitors the rise and fall of popular destinations by tracking the number of searches on its website. Recent results show that Havana and Mexico City were listed at the top of 100 destinations in Canada, the United States, Central America and the Caribbean.
Many travellers have chosen to combine city breaks with relaxing beach Cuba holidays as twin centre holidays become more popular. Travellers can enjoy the bustling vibrant streets of Havana one minute and then be relaxing on the pristine sandy beaches of Varadero the next.
Situated in the northern Caribbean Sea, Cuba is an island nation made up stunning beaches, mountainous terrain, historic sites and a tropical climate.
Home to the world's second largest barrier reef, Cuba attracts many visitors on scuba diving holidays and offers some of the best diving spots in the world with colourful coral and an array of marine species.
Cuba's capital city, Havana, is the Caribbean's largest and vivacious city full of Latino spirit, culture, cuisine, dancing and music. The cobbled streets ooze authenticity and around every corner is something new for the discerning traveller.
Varadero offers travellers enjoying Cuba holidays over 20km of white sand stunning pristine beaches, a vibrant nightlife and numerous luxury Cuba hotels.
An increase in flights from Canada to the Caribbean regions and the close proximity are also said to be some of the reasons why more Canadian travellers are booking Mexico and Cuba holidays.
According to the website's search results, St Louis in Missouri fell by 22 percent and Clearwater in Florida fell by 24 percent outing them at the bottom of the list of popular destinations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Exclusive Free upgrade to the Bungalow Suite
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...