Cheap flights website list Cuba holidays as "rising star" for Canadian travellers
According to the website, Cheapflights.ca, the increase in Mexico and Cuba holidays for Canadian travellers has led to the regions becoming "rising stars" as tourists combine their holidays to the stunning Caribbean destinations.
Mexico and Cuba holidays have been listed as "rising stars" by the website Cheap Flights as more Canadian travellers are choosing twin centre holidays combining Havana city and Varadero Beach in Cuba.
The online travel company said that the number of Canadian tourists booking Havana trips increased by 92 percent and Mexico City by 83 percent during the first six months of 2010 compared to the same period last year.
Cheap Flights monitors the rise and fall of popular destinations by tracking the number of searches on its website. Recent results show that Havana and Mexico City were listed at the top of 100 destinations in Canada, the United States, Central America and the Caribbean.
Many travellers have chosen to combine city breaks with relaxing beach Cuba holidays as twin centre holidays become more popular. Travellers can enjoy the bustling vibrant streets of Havana one minute and then be relaxing on the pristine sandy beaches of Varadero the next.
Situated in the northern Caribbean Sea, Cuba is an island nation made up stunning beaches, mountainous terrain, historic sites and a tropical climate.
Home to the world's second largest barrier reef, Cuba attracts many visitors on scuba diving holidays and offers some of the best diving spots in the world with colourful coral and an array of marine species.
Cuba's capital city, Havana, is the Caribbean's largest and vivacious city full of Latino spirit, culture, cuisine, dancing and music. The cobbled streets ooze authenticity and around every corner is something new for the discerning traveller.
Varadero offers travellers enjoying Cuba holidays over 20km of white sand stunning pristine beaches, a vibrant nightlife and numerous luxury Cuba hotels.
An increase in flights from Canada to the Caribbean regions and the close proximity are also said to be some of the reasons why more Canadian travellers are booking Mexico and Cuba holidays.
According to the website's search results, St Louis in Missouri fell by 22 percent and Clearwater in Florida fell by 24 percent outing them at the bottom of the list of popular destinations.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- The perfect 5* multi centre - mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury adults-only all-suite hotel Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Havana has to offer
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...