Jet Airways wins prestigious award as India's top airline
For the second time around, India's leading airline, Jet Airways, was honoured with the "Best Airline in the Champagne/Sparkling Wine" award at the Global Travelers' 6th Annual Wines on the Wings International Business Class Airline Wine competition.
Proving that Jet Airways still remains as India's premier airline, the prestigious Indian carrier taking millions of international passengers to and from India holidays, has been honoured with the title of "Best Airline in the Champagne/Sparkling Wine CATEGORY" at the Global Travelers 6th Annual Wines on the Wings International Business Class Airline Wine competition. It was not the first time win in this category for the airline, which won the Best Airline Champagne/Sparkling Wine for its Lanson Noble Cuvee Brut Millesime back in 1999.
At the competition held in New York City, 30 expert judges participated in the blind tasting of airlines white, red and sparkling wines. The judges hailed from a wide range of specialties, including sommeliers, wine retailers and winemakers. In total, 26 of the worlds best airlines participated and over 115 samples were tasted.
Jet Airways was also placed amongst the top ten participants in the 'overall' category. Expressing his joy over the recent winnings, Mr. Sudheer Raghavan, Chief Commercial Officer, Jet Airways said: "We are proud and honoured to receive this international award from the Global Traveler in recognition of our renowned international wines. Jet Airways is committed to delivering truly world class service and has worked to continuously enhance the excellent in-flight services with gourmet foods and world class wines. The Best Airline - Champagne/Sparkling Wine award is testimony to our commitment to enhance the Jet Airways experience for our customers. We will persist in our endeavor to exceed customer expectations and create benchmarks in service standards for others to follow."
Global Traveler is a United States-based ABC-audited magazine for business and luxury travelers, and brings to readers the most comprehensive information on travel and lifestyle. Global Traveler is the only publication to conduct survey of wines on the wing in the United States.
In February this year too, Jet Airways was honoured as one of the top participating airlines in the Business Class Sparkling wine category at the annual Cellars in the Sky Awards
With 23 international holiday destinations and 90 daily international flights operating the India holidays market, Jet Airways along with Jetlite is the largest private airline operator in the country. Jet Airways currently flies to New York (both JFK and Newark), Toronto, Brussels, London (Heathrow), Hong Kong, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Colombo, Bangkok, Kathmandu, Dhaka, Kuwait, Bahrain, Muscat, Doha, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Jeddah, Sharjah, Dammam and Riyadh. Johannesburg is the twenty-third destination recently added in the airlines international network.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Explore Thailand’s own ‘City of Angels’ with a stay at the Rembrandt Hotel and Towers in the heart of Bangkok, making it...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...