Jet Airways wins prestigious award as India's top airline
For the second time around, India's leading airline, Jet Airways, was honoured with the "Best Airline in the Champagne/Sparkling Wine" award at the Global Travelers' 6th Annual Wines on the Wings International Business Class Airline Wine competition.
Proving that Jet Airways still remains as India's premier airline, the prestigious Indian carrier taking millions of international passengers to and from India holidays, has been honoured with the title of "Best Airline in the Champagne/Sparkling Wine CATEGORY" at the Global Travelers 6th Annual Wines on the Wings International Business Class Airline Wine competition. It was not the first time win in this category for the airline, which won the Best Airline Champagne/Sparkling Wine for its Lanson Noble Cuvee Brut Millesime back in 1999.
At the competition held in New York City, 30 expert judges participated in the blind tasting of airlines white, red and sparkling wines. The judges hailed from a wide range of specialties, including sommeliers, wine retailers and winemakers. In total, 26 of the worlds best airlines participated and over 115 samples were tasted.
Jet Airways was also placed amongst the top ten participants in the 'overall' category. Expressing his joy over the recent winnings, Mr. Sudheer Raghavan, Chief Commercial Officer, Jet Airways said: "We are proud and honoured to receive this international award from the Global Traveler in recognition of our renowned international wines. Jet Airways is committed to delivering truly world class service and has worked to continuously enhance the excellent in-flight services with gourmet foods and world class wines. The Best Airline - Champagne/Sparkling Wine award is testimony to our commitment to enhance the Jet Airways experience for our customers. We will persist in our endeavor to exceed customer expectations and create benchmarks in service standards for others to follow."
Global Traveler is a United States-based ABC-audited magazine for business and luxury travelers, and brings to readers the most comprehensive information on travel and lifestyle. Global Traveler is the only publication to conduct survey of wines on the wing in the United States.
In February this year too, Jet Airways was honoured as one of the top participating airlines in the Business Class Sparkling wine category at the annual Cellars in the Sky Awards
With 23 international holiday destinations and 90 daily international flights operating the India holidays market, Jet Airways along with Jetlite is the largest private airline operator in the country. Jet Airways currently flies to New York (both JFK and Newark), Toronto, Brussels, London (Heathrow), Hong Kong, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Colombo, Bangkok, Kathmandu, Dhaka, Kuwait, Bahrain, Muscat, Doha, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Jeddah, Sharjah, Dammam and Riyadh. Johannesburg is the twenty-third destination recently added in the airlines international network.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...