Jet Airways wins prestigious award as India's top airline
For the second time around, India's leading airline, Jet Airways, was honoured with the "Best Airline in the Champagne/Sparkling Wine" award at the Global Travelers' 6th Annual Wines on the Wings International Business Class Airline Wine competition.
Proving that Jet Airways still remains as India's premier airline, the prestigious Indian carrier taking millions of international passengers to and from India holidays, has been honoured with the title of "Best Airline in the Champagne/Sparkling Wine CATEGORY" at the Global Travelers 6th Annual Wines on the Wings International Business Class Airline Wine competition. It was not the first time win in this category for the airline, which won the Best Airline Champagne/Sparkling Wine for its Lanson Noble Cuvee Brut Millesime back in 1999.
At the competition held in New York City, 30 expert judges participated in the blind tasting of airlines white, red and sparkling wines. The judges hailed from a wide range of specialties, including sommeliers, wine retailers and winemakers. In total, 26 of the worlds best airlines participated and over 115 samples were tasted.
Jet Airways was also placed amongst the top ten participants in the 'overall' category. Expressing his joy over the recent winnings, Mr. Sudheer Raghavan, Chief Commercial Officer, Jet Airways said: "We are proud and honoured to receive this international award from the Global Traveler in recognition of our renowned international wines. Jet Airways is committed to delivering truly world class service and has worked to continuously enhance the excellent in-flight services with gourmet foods and world class wines. The Best Airline - Champagne/Sparkling Wine award is testimony to our commitment to enhance the Jet Airways experience for our customers. We will persist in our endeavor to exceed customer expectations and create benchmarks in service standards for others to follow."
Global Traveler is a United States-based ABC-audited magazine for business and luxury travelers, and brings to readers the most comprehensive information on travel and lifestyle. Global Traveler is the only publication to conduct survey of wines on the wing in the United States.
In February this year too, Jet Airways was honoured as one of the top participating airlines in the Business Class Sparkling wine category at the annual Cellars in the Sky Awards
With 23 international holiday destinations and 90 daily international flights operating the India holidays market, Jet Airways along with Jetlite is the largest private airline operator in the country. Jet Airways currently flies to New York (both JFK and Newark), Toronto, Brussels, London (Heathrow), Hong Kong, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Colombo, Bangkok, Kathmandu, Dhaka, Kuwait, Bahrain, Muscat, Doha, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Jeddah, Sharjah, Dammam and Riyadh. Johannesburg is the twenty-third destination recently added in the airlines international network.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from £99 per person
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...