Aloft hotels makes debut in the India holidays industry
Extending their latest range of ultra-modern, futuristic hotels which have rocked the U.S. hotel sector, Starwood Hotels & Resorts have announced to open a second India hotel during the announcement of the opening of the first Aloft Chennai.
Expanding their presence in the India holidays market, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. introduces style at a steal by announcing the opening of Aloft Chennai OMR-IT Expressway, the first Aloft hotel to open in India and the 42nd Aloft hotel globally. A second Aloft hotel is scheduled to open next month in Bangalore. Urbanedge Hotels, a special purpose vehicle (SPV) of Auromatrix Hotels Private Limited, plans to set up several properties of Aloft hotels in the country over the next few years.
Starwood has reinvented hotel design with the debut of its newest brand, Aloft Hotels. With more than 40 hotels open since its June 2008 debut, the Aloft brand became the talk of the hospitality industry by going global while in launch mode, opening China’s Aloft Beijing Haidian and Aloft Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates in the brand’s first 15 months. Featuring large guest rooms, a buzzing bar scene, an urban-inspired grab-and go caf? and industrial design elements throughout, Aloft delivers urban-influenced, modern and vibrant design and an energetic guest experience at an affordable price point.
Aloft, the sizzling tech-savvy brand that has rocked the U.S. hospitality industry, is Starwood’s design-led, social-experience brand that has enjoyed the fastest ramp-up of any brand in hotel history. As a young, tech-driven society, India will become a key market for the Aloft brand’s development outside of the United States.
“India is a key focus of Starwood’s expansion efforts in large part because it is a market that today is relatively under-hoteled. India is one of the most promising markets within Asia Pacific, with GDP estimates topping seven percent for the next two years and a consumer market expected to rank as the world’s fifth biggest by 2025,” said Vasant Prabhu, Vice Chairman and CFO for Starwood.
Miguel Ko, Chairman and President of Asia Pacific for Starwood added, “The market is especially ripe for mid-market products like Aloft and we look forward to opening many more Aloft hotels in India over the next few years.”
”The energy of Aloft properties in India will reflect the dynamism of the cities where we’re opening our doors,” said Brian McGuinness, Senior Vice President, Specialty Select Brands for Starwood. “And, we’re excited to connect with India’s tastemaking Gen Y travelers, who’ve been eager for a hotel experience that matches their very forward-thinking sensibilities.”
“We look forward to a long and fruitful partnership with Starwood. Aloft will raise the bar in the mid-market category, offering urban-inspired guest rooms, leading edge technology services, and an energetic lounge scene, inspiring and indulging its guests with thoughtful, refreshing and stylish experiences,” said Kumar Sitaraman, Chairman and CEO of Auromatrix Hotels.
Aloft Hotels offers a total sensory experience, with guest rooms featuring nine-foot ceilings and oversized windows to create a bright, airy environment. The centerpiece of the Aloft room is the ultra-comfortable signature bed.
First time visitors to Aloft will immediately understand that Aloft is different from any other hotel experience. Guests are greeted by special features and visually distinctive iconic structures on the exterior, including a colorful, sloping signature carport cover and building roof-line, and colorful glowing linear light sources on the building facade inspired by the notion of travel and motion.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In India Browse all
Explore India's famed landmarks and rich culture on an all-encompassing adventure that leaves no stone unturned
- Call now to upgrade to a private tour, including a private car and driver, and personal local guides
- Envisage many world renowned sights including the Taj Mahal with amazing inclusions to experience such as an exclusive Rajasthani Feast
- During the tour you'll be able to enjoy various extras including a bicycle rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, a Chambal River Safari and much more
Journey through the heart of India exploring various monuments including The Taj Mahal and The Golden Temple in Amritsar
Go on a holiday of a lifetime visiting many of the must see tourist spots and more secluded parts that will memorable memories
- Visit the Wagah border to experience the amazing "Lowering of the Flag" ceremony a once in a lifetime activity to witness
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing and excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and enjoy two fabolous dinners in Amritsar
Spend your days exploring some of the country's most iconic landmarks and spectacular sights on this tour of a lifetime
- Visit the famous Heritage Village of Pragpur, Home to the famous Kangra School of Paintings
- Travel into the famous Himalayas and you will witness the region's rich heritage, breathtaking views and culture
- During the tour, you will visit some of India's most famous monuments including the Golden Temple, India Gate, Qutub Minar and much more
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Be introduced to the magic of India with the perfect 9 night tour encompassing amazing sights through the cities of...
Enjoy an India adventure with this ten night tour of some of India's most mystical cities and attractions. This is a...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Ideally located on the shore of the longest beach, The Zuri White Sands, Goa Resort and Casino is perfect for those...