Seychelles re-opens UK tourist office to promote Seychelles holidays among British holidaymakers
For the delight of those in the local and British travel industry, 15th July 2010 marked the day on which the Seychelles Tourism Board re-opened its Tourist Office in London after almost two years of non-representation in the UK.
Bringing the warmth of the Seychelles holiday industry back after almost two years of non-representation in UK, the Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) re-opened its Tourist Office in London last month on 15th July 2010. The decision to recapture the market of Seychelles holidays has been greatly welcomed by both the local and British travel trade.
Fiona Lane, regional manager for the UK market at the Seychelles Tourism Board, was appointed last year but was working from an adhoc office until two weeks ago. Now she is joined by two marketing assistants from the STB head office on Mahe, and they will be responsible to facilitate and boost the country’s marketing activities in the UK, promoting Seychelles holidays among British travellers.
The Tourist Office will also support tour operators, hoteliers, and other trade partners in their sales and marketing campaigns for Seychelles holidays, as well as introduce initiatives for UK agents, including a comprehensive training program in 2010 and 2011.
Speaking at the re-opening of the office, the chief executive officer of the Seychelles Tourism Board, Alain St.Ange, said that: “UK had always been an important traditional market for us, and the decision to close the office was not necessarily a wise one.
“It happened at a time when the visitor arrival statistics from that market were already suffering, and the non-absence of a dedicated office only helped to take away Seychelles from the British holiday market.”
The office now re-opens with the hard task of reversing the downward trend of visitor numbers from UK and re-establishing the islands as one of the favorite locations on Earth for the British.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Experience this tropical island at the stunning Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino
- As the Seychelles islands are blessed with a warm, tropical climate year-round, it's always a good time to visit
- Wide selection of facilities and activities including a 5-star PADI diving centre and a casino
- One daily complimentary shuttle service is provided to Victoria
Relax and unwind in the beautiful Seychelles before an exciting Arabian getaway in Dubai
- Take advantage of the Wi-Fi access in all the public areas
- Explore the famous night market in Mahé
- Benefit for a Shuttle bus service to major shopping centre in Dubai
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class
- Free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Start your trip of a lifetime in the Seychelles before heading to Dubai
- Experience the authentic Arabian spirit at the famous gold souks and spice markets
- Enjoy some of the local cuisine, lovingly made from locally sourced ingredients
- The Castello Mini Club has numerous offers for children between 4 and 12 years during all seasons throughout the year
Prepare yourself for a memorable holiday at the Avani Seychelles, where you will be able to admire a blend of beautiful...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The Avani Seychelles is set on the sandy Bay of Barbarons on the west coast of Mahe. This area of dramatic mountains,...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Situated on the northern coast of Mahe, Villa Koket is ideal for those looking for a peaceful self-catering getaway near...