Seychelles re-opens UK tourist office to promote Seychelles holidays among British holidaymakers
For the delight of those in the local and British travel industry, 15th July 2010 marked the day on which the Seychelles Tourism Board re-opened its Tourist Office in London after almost two years of non-representation in the UK.
Bringing the warmth of the Seychelles holiday industry back after almost two years of non-representation in UK, the Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) re-opened its Tourist Office in London last month on 15th July 2010. The decision to recapture the market of Seychelles holidays has been greatly welcomed by both the local and British travel trade.
Fiona Lane, regional manager for the UK market at the Seychelles Tourism Board, was appointed last year but was working from an adhoc office until two weeks ago. Now she is joined by two marketing assistants from the STB head office on Mahe, and they will be responsible to facilitate and boost the country’s marketing activities in the UK, promoting Seychelles holidays among British travellers.
The Tourist Office will also support tour operators, hoteliers, and other trade partners in their sales and marketing campaigns for Seychelles holidays, as well as introduce initiatives for UK agents, including a comprehensive training program in 2010 and 2011.
Speaking at the re-opening of the office, the chief executive officer of the Seychelles Tourism Board, Alain St.Ange, said that: “UK had always been an important traditional market for us, and the decision to close the office was not necessarily a wise one.
“It happened at a time when the visitor arrival statistics from that market were already suffering, and the non-absence of a dedicated office only helped to take away Seychelles from the British holiday market.”
The office now re-opens with the hard task of reversing the downward trend of visitor numbers from UK and re-establishing the islands as one of the favorite locations on Earth for the British.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Stay at the first and most legendary resort in the Seychelles, Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove at Beau Vallon Bay and enjoy a taste of exotica
- Enjoy a couples resort where you can enjoy the relaxtion of the resort and pamper yourself at the Zen Spa
- Discover the incredible flavours of creole cuisine
- Revel in colonial surrounds, as the first hotel in Seychelles built in 1943 boasting orginal architecture
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class
- Free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Relax and unwind on two of the islands best beaches at constance ephelia resort
- Treat your taste buds to culinary treats whether you choose Ã la carte or buffet
- Children will love the kids club which welcomes 4-11 year olds
- Indulge in the U-Spa by Constance designed to restore your well-being
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
One of Mahe's largest hotels, the Coral Strand enjoys a prime beachfront location on the island's most famous beach, at...