Seychelles re-opens UK tourist office to promote Seychelles holidays among British holidaymakers
For the delight of those in the local and British travel industry, 15th July 2010 marked the day on which the Seychelles Tourism Board re-opened its Tourist Office in London after almost two years of non-representation in the UK.
Bringing the warmth of the Seychelles holiday industry back after almost two years of non-representation in UK, the Seychelles Tourism Board (STB) re-opened its Tourist Office in London last month on 15th July 2010. The decision to recapture the market of Seychelles holidays has been greatly welcomed by both the local and British travel trade.
Fiona Lane, regional manager for the UK market at the Seychelles Tourism Board, was appointed last year but was working from an adhoc office until two weeks ago. Now she is joined by two marketing assistants from the STB head office on Mahe, and they will be responsible to facilitate and boost the country’s marketing activities in the UK, promoting Seychelles holidays among British travellers.
The Tourist Office will also support tour operators, hoteliers, and other trade partners in their sales and marketing campaigns for Seychelles holidays, as well as introduce initiatives for UK agents, including a comprehensive training program in 2010 and 2011.
Speaking at the re-opening of the office, the chief executive officer of the Seychelles Tourism Board, Alain St.Ange, said that: “UK had always been an important traditional market for us, and the decision to close the office was not necessarily a wise one.
“It happened at a time when the visitor arrival statistics from that market were already suffering, and the non-absence of a dedicated office only helped to take away Seychelles from the British holiday market.”
The office now re-opens with the hard task of reversing the downward trend of visitor numbers from UK and re-establishing the islands as one of the favorite locations on Earth for the British.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Discovery the wonder and beauty of thew Sheychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Start your trip of a lifetime in the Seychelles before heading to Dubai
- Experience the authentic Arabian spirit at the famous gold souks and spice markets
- Enjoy some of the local cuisine, lovingly made from locally sourced ingredients
- The Castello Mini Club has numerous offers for children between 4 and 12 years during all seasons throughout the year
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Perfectly positioned on a wonderful beach along Anse Kerlan' coastline the Castello Beach Hotel is an all-year-round...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Nestled within 18 acres of tropical grounds, in the untouched area of Baie Lazare, the 3* boutique Valmer Resort boasts...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....