Inaugural flight from Japan starts servicing Cuba holidays
A new charter flight has been established by Japanese tour operator JTB, who is now operating the Toky-Havana route and thus giving a boost to Cuba holidays in the new market of Japanese travellers.
Now Cuba holidays are expanding into new, previously unexplored markets that despite being a very long physical distance from the island, are showing a growing interest in this peculiar Caribbean holiday destination. Such is the case for Japanese travellers who will be soon enjoying Cuba holidays thanks to a new set of charter flights. As far as the Far East may be from America, it's never been closer to Cuba!
The inaugural charter flight provided by Japanese JTB tour operator arrived in Havana's Jose Marti International Airport on Monday, according to a statement released by the Cuban Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR), bringin many Japanese holidaymakers to sunny holidays in Cuba.
JTB's General Manager for Latin America, Iuchi Takahashi greeted the first, pioneering Japanese passengers on the tarmac. On doing this he was accompanied by Cuban tour agency HAVANATUR and MINTUR officials.
The Japanese tourists were given a warm welcome to their Cuba holidays with a live performance with the authentic rhythms of the nation, as well as the presentation of gifts, articles and souvenirs from Cuba's world famous rum, Havana Club.
The new flight connection serves the Tokyo-Havana route with a stopover in Tijuana, and is carried through the Aeromexico airline.
The operation will have three scheduled flights throughout the month of August and will see many curious Japanese travellers arriving to the island to spend Cuba holidays.
The visitors will be assisted by HAVANATUR and enjoy the tour packages offered by JTB which includes visits to Havana, Vinales, Varadero, Cienfuegos, Trinidad, Santa Clara and Santiago de Cuba.
MINTUR has carried out a promotional campaign aimed at attracting Japanese tourists with its city, sun and beach and environmental tourism options.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...