Inaugural flight from Japan starts servicing Cuba holidays
A new charter flight has been established by Japanese tour operator JTB, who is now operating the Toky-Havana route and thus giving a boost to Cuba holidays in the new market of Japanese travellers.
Now Cuba holidays are expanding into new, previously unexplored markets that despite being a very long physical distance from the island, are showing a growing interest in this peculiar Caribbean holiday destination. Such is the case for Japanese travellers who will be soon enjoying Cuba holidays thanks to a new set of charter flights. As far as the Far East may be from America, it's never been closer to Cuba!
The inaugural charter flight provided by Japanese JTB tour operator arrived in Havana's Jose Marti International Airport on Monday, according to a statement released by the Cuban Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR), bringin many Japanese holidaymakers to sunny holidays in Cuba.
JTB's General Manager for Latin America, Iuchi Takahashi greeted the first, pioneering Japanese passengers on the tarmac. On doing this he was accompanied by Cuban tour agency HAVANATUR and MINTUR officials.
The Japanese tourists were given a warm welcome to their Cuba holidays with a live performance with the authentic rhythms of the nation, as well as the presentation of gifts, articles and souvenirs from Cuba's world famous rum, Havana Club.
The new flight connection serves the Tokyo-Havana route with a stopover in Tijuana, and is carried through the Aeromexico airline.
The operation will have three scheduled flights throughout the month of August and will see many curious Japanese travellers arriving to the island to spend Cuba holidays.
The visitors will be assisted by HAVANATUR and enjoy the tour packages offered by JTB which includes visits to Havana, Vinales, Varadero, Cienfuegos, Trinidad, Santa Clara and Santiago de Cuba.
MINTUR has carried out a promotional campaign aimed at attracting Japanese tourists with its city, sun and beach and environmental tourism options.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Aug 2017
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...