Inaugural flight from Japan starts servicing Cuba holidays
A new charter flight has been established by Japanese tour operator JTB, who is now operating the Toky-Havana route and thus giving a boost to Cuba holidays in the new market of Japanese travellers.
Now Cuba holidays are expanding into new, previously unexplored markets that despite being a very long physical distance from the island, are showing a growing interest in this peculiar Caribbean holiday destination. Such is the case for Japanese travellers who will be soon enjoying Cuba holidays thanks to a new set of charter flights. As far as the Far East may be from America, it's never been closer to Cuba!
The inaugural charter flight provided by Japanese JTB tour operator arrived in Havana's Jose Marti International Airport on Monday, according to a statement released by the Cuban Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR), bringin many Japanese holidaymakers to sunny holidays in Cuba.
JTB's General Manager for Latin America, Iuchi Takahashi greeted the first, pioneering Japanese passengers on the tarmac. On doing this he was accompanied by Cuban tour agency HAVANATUR and MINTUR officials.
The Japanese tourists were given a warm welcome to their Cuba holidays with a live performance with the authentic rhythms of the nation, as well as the presentation of gifts, articles and souvenirs from Cuba's world famous rum, Havana Club.
The new flight connection serves the Tokyo-Havana route with a stopover in Tijuana, and is carried through the Aeromexico airline.
The operation will have three scheduled flights throughout the month of August and will see many curious Japanese travellers arriving to the island to spend Cuba holidays.
The visitors will be assisted by HAVANATUR and enjoy the tour packages offered by JTB which includes visits to Havana, Vinales, Varadero, Cienfuegos, Trinidad, Santa Clara and Santiago de Cuba.
MINTUR has carried out a promotional campaign aimed at attracting Japanese tourists with its city, sun and beach and environmental tourism options.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...