Inaugural flight from Japan starts servicing Cuba holidays
A new charter flight has been established by Japanese tour operator JTB, who is now operating the Toky-Havana route and thus giving a boost to Cuba holidays in the new market of Japanese travellers.
Now Cuba holidays are expanding into new, previously unexplored markets that despite being a very long physical distance from the island, are showing a growing interest in this peculiar Caribbean holiday destination. Such is the case for Japanese travellers who will be soon enjoying Cuba holidays thanks to a new set of charter flights. As far as the Far East may be from America, it's never been closer to Cuba!
The inaugural charter flight provided by Japanese JTB tour operator arrived in Havana's Jose Marti International Airport on Monday, according to a statement released by the Cuban Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR), bringin many Japanese holidaymakers to sunny holidays in Cuba.
JTB's General Manager for Latin America, Iuchi Takahashi greeted the first, pioneering Japanese passengers on the tarmac. On doing this he was accompanied by Cuban tour agency HAVANATUR and MINTUR officials.
The Japanese tourists were given a warm welcome to their Cuba holidays with a live performance with the authentic rhythms of the nation, as well as the presentation of gifts, articles and souvenirs from Cuba's world famous rum, Havana Club.
The new flight connection serves the Tokyo-Havana route with a stopover in Tijuana, and is carried through the Aeromexico airline.
The operation will have three scheduled flights throughout the month of August and will see many curious Japanese travellers arriving to the island to spend Cuba holidays.
The visitors will be assisted by HAVANATUR and enjoy the tour packages offered by JTB which includes visits to Havana, Vinales, Varadero, Cienfuegos, Trinidad, Santa Clara and Santiago de Cuba.
MINTUR has carried out a promotional campaign aimed at attracting Japanese tourists with its city, sun and beach and environmental tourism options.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...