Growing popularity of Abu Dhabi holidays sees the emirate's airport breaking the 1m passenger mark
Abu Dhabi International Airport has just hit the one million passenger mark last 30th July, signalling a new record on the emirate's recently booming tourism industry.
Proving that Abu Dhabi holidays are growing in popularity among discerning worlwide travellers, it has recently been revealed that the emirate's International Airport welcomed its first one millionth passenger within a calendar month last Friday 30th July, achieving one more record in its recent history.
To celebrate this significant milestone, ADAC identified its one millionth customer, Mr. Mohamed Salem Al Khatri, who arrived on Friday at 7:20 pm on an Etihad Airways flight EY012 from London Heathrow. Mr. Al Khatri was warmly welcomed by Yusuf Al Jowder, Head of Terminal Operations at ADAC and Amir Abu Ganaya, Senior Airport Traffic Analyst. The delighted passenger was presented with a commemorative gift from ADAC and a voucher to enjoy the airport’s unique Shop-Dine-Unwind retail experience.
When asked about his thoughts, proud Mr. Al Khatri said:“I am delighted for being the first one millionth passenger for Abu Dhabi International Airport for this month, and I would like to recognize the smooth and fast procedures that are made available at the airport and the warm hospitality of its staff, which continue to exceed my expectations every time.”
"This has been an incredible month in ADIA's history. I am delighted to have welcomed the one millionth customer into Abu Dhabi International Airport and that so many travelers have chosen our airport during July. In response to passenger demand, we have seen some real changes to our route network with so many interesting and exciting destinations now available." - Yusuf Al Jowder, Head of Terminal Operations at Abu Dhabi International Airport, excitedly remarked when commenting on the landmark event that celebrated the growing success Abu Dhabi holidays were experiencing among worldwide travellers.
For Amir Abu Ganaya, Abu Dhabi International Airport’s statistician for 20 years, this new record has a more personal meaning as he himself explained: “I have witnessed the airport’s development over the last 20 years, and this milestone is a significant one for the airport and for the teams that work hard to deliver seamless service to millions of passengers who travel through our airports. This is a particularly proud moment for me professionally and personally.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Surround yourself with unspoiled beauty at the luxurious Saadiyat Rotana Resort & Villas
- Authentic flavours from around the world with seven modern, stylish and creative dining venues
- All rooms and suites boast elegant interiors, luxury facilities and reflect the warmth of a beachfront home
- Beachside retreat surrounded by natural beauty, architectural splendour, and cultural experiences
For the ultimate golf experience in Abu Dhabi, stay at a luxurious hotel with all the trimmings that sits right next to a championship golf course
- Upgrade and experience Ferrari World - The largest indoor and first theme park on Yas Island
- Taka advantage of the golf at the 18-Hole championship Yas Links Golf Course
- A few minutes' walk from the exciting Yas Waterworld & Yas Island Beach
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Resort
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Discover two destination in one unforgettable holiday
- The award winning Hilton Abu Dhabi is conveniently located in the heart of the city, 30 minutes from the airport and close to the marina shopping mall
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit
- Experience stunning views over the pure white sands and crystal clear ocean with your nearest and dearest
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Al Raha Beach Hotel offers magnificent views of the Arabian Gulf, just a short drive from the city and Abu Dhabi...
Stay in Downtown Abu Dhabi and be pampered by Arabian hospitality. The Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi offers excellent service...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...