Mayan Resorts' Riviera Maya hotel receive EarthCheck certification
A luxury Riviera Maya hotel received the EarthCheck Gold Certification. Mayan Resorts for the fifth year in a row after excelling in affiliation and benchmarking for its efforts in conservation practices, cultural traditions and support local communities.
A Riviera Maya hotel has received the EarthCheck Gold Certification for Mayan Resorts for the fifth consecutive year after excelling in the categories for affiliation, benchmarking and certification.
Since 2004, Mayan Resorts have received the certification for four of its luxury properties in Puerto Vallarta, Acapulco and Riviera Maya.
The most recent property to receive the award was the Mayan Resorts' Riviera Maya hotel in Los Cabos in July 2009. The certification was awarded to the eco-friendly resort for its efforts in environmental conservation practices, cultural traditions, and support of local communities. The certification also includes areas in every aspect of hotel operations and development including construction, restaurants, golf courses, transportation, and landscaping.
EarthCheck is an international certification for sustainable tourism which operates its own certification standard. It is trusted by 1,000 organisations in over 60 countries and companies who receive the certification are recognised as being sustainable.
Mayan Resorts' operate strict conservation practices which include protection local flora and fauna, recycling programs, and resort employee evaluations for efforts in plantings, conservation, beach clean ups and teaching children the importance of looking after the environment.
Director of Hotel Operations for Mayan Resorts, Eric Du Baele, said:
"We are extremely proud that our resorts have earned the prestigious EarthCheck Certification. To earn this honour, each property must demonstrate sustainability practices throughout the resort, from golf course design and maintenance to restaurants to protection of our treasured wildlife. This is a top priority for Mayan Resorts and we are gratified to be recognized for our hard work."
The luxury all inclusive Caribbean resort, Grand Maya Riviera Maya, provides guests with luxury Riviera Maya holidays within stunning natural surroundings. With world-class facilities and a location rich in history and culture, guests can relax and enjoy endless activities and high end service during their stay at the luxury Riviera Maya hotel.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...