Mayan Resorts' Riviera Maya hotel receive EarthCheck certification
A luxury Riviera Maya hotel received the EarthCheck Gold Certification. Mayan Resorts for the fifth year in a row after excelling in affiliation and benchmarking for its efforts in conservation practices, cultural traditions and support local communities.
A Riviera Maya hotel has received the EarthCheck Gold Certification for Mayan Resorts for the fifth consecutive year after excelling in the categories for affiliation, benchmarking and certification.
Since 2004, Mayan Resorts have received the certification for four of its luxury properties in Puerto Vallarta, Acapulco and Riviera Maya.
The most recent property to receive the award was the Mayan Resorts' Riviera Maya hotel in Los Cabos in July 2009. The certification was awarded to the eco-friendly resort for its efforts in environmental conservation practices, cultural traditions, and support of local communities. The certification also includes areas in every aspect of hotel operations and development including construction, restaurants, golf courses, transportation, and landscaping.
EarthCheck is an international certification for sustainable tourism which operates its own certification standard. It is trusted by 1,000 organisations in over 60 countries and companies who receive the certification are recognised as being sustainable.
Mayan Resorts' operate strict conservation practices which include protection local flora and fauna, recycling programs, and resort employee evaluations for efforts in plantings, conservation, beach clean ups and teaching children the importance of looking after the environment.
Director of Hotel Operations for Mayan Resorts, Eric Du Baele, said:
"We are extremely proud that our resorts have earned the prestigious EarthCheck Certification. To earn this honour, each property must demonstrate sustainability practices throughout the resort, from golf course design and maintenance to restaurants to protection of our treasured wildlife. This is a top priority for Mayan Resorts and we are gratified to be recognized for our hard work."
The luxury all inclusive Caribbean resort, Grand Maya Riviera Maya, provides guests with luxury Riviera Maya holidays within stunning natural surroundings. With world-class facilities and a location rich in history and culture, guests can relax and enjoy endless activities and high end service during their stay at the luxury Riviera Maya hotel.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Enjoy a taste of Thailand with a complimentary cooking class
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...