Mayan Resorts' Riviera Maya hotel receive EarthCheck certification
A luxury Riviera Maya hotel received the EarthCheck Gold Certification. Mayan Resorts for the fifth year in a row after excelling in affiliation and benchmarking for its efforts in conservation practices, cultural traditions and support local communities.
A Riviera Maya hotel has received the EarthCheck Gold Certification for Mayan Resorts for the fifth consecutive year after excelling in the categories for affiliation, benchmarking and certification.
Since 2004, Mayan Resorts have received the certification for four of its luxury properties in Puerto Vallarta, Acapulco and Riviera Maya.
The most recent property to receive the award was the Mayan Resorts' Riviera Maya hotel in Los Cabos in July 2009. The certification was awarded to the eco-friendly resort for its efforts in environmental conservation practices, cultural traditions, and support of local communities. The certification also includes areas in every aspect of hotel operations and development including construction, restaurants, golf courses, transportation, and landscaping.
EarthCheck is an international certification for sustainable tourism which operates its own certification standard. It is trusted by 1,000 organisations in over 60 countries and companies who receive the certification are recognised as being sustainable.
Mayan Resorts' operate strict conservation practices which include protection local flora and fauna, recycling programs, and resort employee evaluations for efforts in plantings, conservation, beach clean ups and teaching children the importance of looking after the environment.
Director of Hotel Operations for Mayan Resorts, Eric Du Baele, said:
"We are extremely proud that our resorts have earned the prestigious EarthCheck Certification. To earn this honour, each property must demonstrate sustainability practices throughout the resort, from golf course design and maintenance to restaurants to protection of our treasured wildlife. This is a top priority for Mayan Resorts and we are gratified to be recognized for our hard work."
The luxury all inclusive Caribbean resort, Grand Maya Riviera Maya, provides guests with luxury Riviera Maya holidays within stunning natural surroundings. With world-class facilities and a location rich in history and culture, guests can relax and enjoy endless activities and high end service during their stay at the luxury Riviera Maya hotel.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...