New fligth service to start taking Russian travellers to Cuba holidays
Russian Airline Transaero has launched a new set of direct flights taking passengers from Russia to the popular Cuban beach resort of Varadero and thus offering easier access for Russian holidaymakers to enjoy Cuba holidays in sunny destinations.
A new set of flights departing from Russia are offering easier access to popular Cuban holiday destinations such as Varadero for Russian holidaymakers wishing to take beach-perfect Cuba holidays in this resort.
Having made an inuagural safe landing on its debut flight, a Boeing (NYSE:BA) 767 from the Russian Airline "Transaero" arrived at the Varadero Airport on Monday carrying a total of 200 passengers, a Cuba's tourism official revealed on Monday.
According to Ramon Fundora, a specialist from the Ministry of Tourism, in order to meet the increased demand of Russian travelleres interested in Cuba holidays, the Russian airliner will be sending holidaymakers to Varadero with a twice weekly frequencly with the new flight also marks the resumption of Moscow-Caradero airline.
"The travels are coordinated by the UkranianTour Operators Lanta Tour and Coral Trave, and the Russian Havanaturrussia", said Fundora.
He then went on to add that last week the Brazilian airline Wets Jets also started direct flight to Varadero.
Cuba holidays have experienced a boost due to the increase in the number of tourists arrivals to the island this year despite the global financial crisis and the country's very own economic melt-down. While fewer tourists visited Cuba from major tourist source countries like France and Spain, the opening of new markets such as Venezuela and Russia, who have rapidly showed an interest in taking Cuba holidays, has helped raise the total figure.
Some new airline companies have also started direct flights to the island, specially those from Mexico, Japan, Russia and Brazil.
The Cuban tourism authorities have also launched a promotion campaign entitled "Authentic Cuba" in Europe to open up new markets and extend its appeal to a wider scope of travellers.
Tourism is Cuba's second largest industry and the income derived from Cuba holidays makes up for around 20 % of the island's total foreign currency annual earning, according to official figures.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...