New fligth service to start taking Russian travellers to Cuba holidays
Russian Airline Transaero has launched a new set of direct flights taking passengers from Russia to the popular Cuban beach resort of Varadero and thus offering easier access for Russian holidaymakers to enjoy Cuba holidays in sunny destinations.
A new set of flights departing from Russia are offering easier access to popular Cuban holiday destinations such as Varadero for Russian holidaymakers wishing to take beach-perfect Cuba holidays in this resort.
Having made an inuagural safe landing on its debut flight, a Boeing (NYSE:BA) 767 from the Russian Airline "Transaero" arrived at the Varadero Airport on Monday carrying a total of 200 passengers, a Cuba's tourism official revealed on Monday.
According to Ramon Fundora, a specialist from the Ministry of Tourism, in order to meet the increased demand of Russian travelleres interested in Cuba holidays, the Russian airliner will be sending holidaymakers to Varadero with a twice weekly frequencly with the new flight also marks the resumption of Moscow-Caradero airline.
"The travels are coordinated by the UkranianTour Operators Lanta Tour and Coral Trave, and the Russian Havanaturrussia", said Fundora.
He then went on to add that last week the Brazilian airline Wets Jets also started direct flight to Varadero.
Cuba holidays have experienced a boost due to the increase in the number of tourists arrivals to the island this year despite the global financial crisis and the country's very own economic melt-down. While fewer tourists visited Cuba from major tourist source countries like France and Spain, the opening of new markets such as Venezuela and Russia, who have rapidly showed an interest in taking Cuba holidays, has helped raise the total figure.
Some new airline companies have also started direct flights to the island, specially those from Mexico, Japan, Russia and Brazil.
The Cuban tourism authorities have also launched a promotion campaign entitled "Authentic Cuba" in Europe to open up new markets and extend its appeal to a wider scope of travellers.
Tourism is Cuba's second largest industry and the income derived from Cuba holidays makes up for around 20 % of the island's total foreign currency annual earning, according to official figures.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Stay in two top ranked hotels on a twin centre holiday that blends luxury and historically perfectly to create a holiday of a lifetime
- Take advantage of an amazing room upgrade from a Standard Room to a Sea View Room at NH Capri
- Stay in two of the top ranked hotels in Cuba, perfectly paired to offer you a holiday like no other
- Royalton Hicacos is a luxurious resort located one of the finest beaches in Varadero where there is a little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa and activity program
- NH Capri is located in the heart of cultural Havana and is embroiled in history being one of the most popular hotels with the gangsters of the 1950’s
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...