New fligth service to start taking Russian travellers to Cuba holidays
Russian Airline Transaero has launched a new set of direct flights taking passengers from Russia to the popular Cuban beach resort of Varadero and thus offering easier access for Russian holidaymakers to enjoy Cuba holidays in sunny destinations.
A new set of flights departing from Russia are offering easier access to popular Cuban holiday destinations such as Varadero for Russian holidaymakers wishing to take beach-perfect Cuba holidays in this resort.
Having made an inuagural safe landing on its debut flight, a Boeing (NYSE:BA) 767 from the Russian Airline "Transaero" arrived at the Varadero Airport on Monday carrying a total of 200 passengers, a Cuba's tourism official revealed on Monday.
According to Ramon Fundora, a specialist from the Ministry of Tourism, in order to meet the increased demand of Russian travelleres interested in Cuba holidays, the Russian airliner will be sending holidaymakers to Varadero with a twice weekly frequencly with the new flight also marks the resumption of Moscow-Caradero airline.
"The travels are coordinated by the UkranianTour Operators Lanta Tour and Coral Trave, and the Russian Havanaturrussia", said Fundora.
He then went on to add that last week the Brazilian airline Wets Jets also started direct flight to Varadero.
Cuba holidays have experienced a boost due to the increase in the number of tourists arrivals to the island this year despite the global financial crisis and the country's very own economic melt-down. While fewer tourists visited Cuba from major tourist source countries like France and Spain, the opening of new markets such as Venezuela and Russia, who have rapidly showed an interest in taking Cuba holidays, has helped raise the total figure.
Some new airline companies have also started direct flights to the island, specially those from Mexico, Japan, Russia and Brazil.
The Cuban tourism authorities have also launched a promotion campaign entitled "Authentic Cuba" in Europe to open up new markets and extend its appeal to a wider scope of travellers.
Tourism is Cuba's second largest industry and the income derived from Cuba holidays makes up for around 20 % of the island's total foreign currency annual earning, according to official figures.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...