Cuba holidays in Trinidad to benefit from new resort developments
A set of restoration, renovation and expansion projects are currently taking place in Cuba's legendary town of Trinidad.
Adding a host of new accommodation options for travellers planning to take Cuba holidays in the UNESCO World Heritage site of Trinidad, it has recently been announced that hotel room capacity in this splendid town is expected to be doubled in less than a five-year term with the construction of joint ventures.
The parts joining in to expand the accommodation facilities for Cuba holidays in this charming town are foreign hoteliers in conjunction with Cuban tourism authorities. Cuba’s Iberostar Grand Hotel Trinidad and La Ronda, located in a central beachside location in Trinidad (belonging to the province of Sancti Spiritus) has been scheduled for expansion taking into consideration that this holiday destination is currently enjoying increased levels of demand by foreign visitors.
On the other hand, helping improve the infrastructure of the city for enhanced Cuba holidays in this magical town, works have already started at the Valley of the Sugar Mills concerning the expansion of five of the hostels in this location.
According to Reinier Rendón, delegate of the Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR) in this territory, the second phase of La Ronda restoration is already under way, and for this part of the construction over 600 000 CUC (Cuban Convertible Pesos) have been allocated.
These renovation and expansion works to benefit the infrastructure of Cuba holidays of Trinidad actually started in 2009 and this year, over 5 million CUC have been earmarked both for the restoration and building purposes in order to increase tourism activities in the territory.
This restorative and expansive programme includes restoration works in the five-star 500-room Iberostar Ancon and the opening of the Cuba-France five-star-52-room Hotel PanSea.
Adding even more historical value to Cuba holidays in Trinidad, it is also expected that the restoration of the Iznaga Palace (Palacio Iznaga), a local ancient mansion with great architectural values located right at the entrance of the so called historical area of the city, will be concluded by the end of this year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Submerge yourself into the interesting culture of Old Havana while you spend 8 days at one of its most centric and...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...