Cuba holidays in Trinidad to benefit from new resort developments
A set of restoration, renovation and expansion projects are currently taking place in Cuba's legendary town of Trinidad.
Adding a host of new accommodation options for travellers planning to take Cuba holidays in the UNESCO World Heritage site of Trinidad, it has recently been announced that hotel room capacity in this splendid town is expected to be doubled in less than a five-year term with the construction of joint ventures.
The parts joining in to expand the accommodation facilities for Cuba holidays in this charming town are foreign hoteliers in conjunction with Cuban tourism authorities. Cuba’s Iberostar Grand Hotel Trinidad and La Ronda, located in a central beachside location in Trinidad (belonging to the province of Sancti Spiritus) has been scheduled for expansion taking into consideration that this holiday destination is currently enjoying increased levels of demand by foreign visitors.
On the other hand, helping improve the infrastructure of the city for enhanced Cuba holidays in this magical town, works have already started at the Valley of the Sugar Mills concerning the expansion of five of the hostels in this location.
According to Reinier Rendón, delegate of the Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR) in this territory, the second phase of La Ronda restoration is already under way, and for this part of the construction over 600 000 CUC (Cuban Convertible Pesos) have been allocated.
These renovation and expansion works to benefit the infrastructure of Cuba holidays of Trinidad actually started in 2009 and this year, over 5 million CUC have been earmarked both for the restoration and building purposes in order to increase tourism activities in the territory.
This restorative and expansive programme includes restoration works in the five-star 500-room Iberostar Ancon and the opening of the Cuba-France five-star-52-room Hotel PanSea.
Adding even more historical value to Cuba holidays in Trinidad, it is also expected that the restoration of the Iznaga Palace (Palacio Iznaga), a local ancient mansion with great architectural values located right at the entrance of the so called historical area of the city, will be concluded by the end of this year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...