Cuba holidays in Trinidad to benefit from new resort developments
A set of restoration, renovation and expansion projects are currently taking place in Cuba's legendary town of Trinidad.
Adding a host of new accommodation options for travellers planning to take Cuba holidays in the UNESCO World Heritage site of Trinidad, it has recently been announced that hotel room capacity in this splendid town is expected to be doubled in less than a five-year term with the construction of joint ventures.
The parts joining in to expand the accommodation facilities for Cuba holidays in this charming town are foreign hoteliers in conjunction with Cuban tourism authorities. Cuba’s Iberostar Grand Hotel Trinidad and La Ronda, located in a central beachside location in Trinidad (belonging to the province of Sancti Spiritus) has been scheduled for expansion taking into consideration that this holiday destination is currently enjoying increased levels of demand by foreign visitors.
On the other hand, helping improve the infrastructure of the city for enhanced Cuba holidays in this magical town, works have already started at the Valley of the Sugar Mills concerning the expansion of five of the hostels in this location.
According to Reinier Rendón, delegate of the Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR) in this territory, the second phase of La Ronda restoration is already under way, and for this part of the construction over 600 000 CUC (Cuban Convertible Pesos) have been allocated.
These renovation and expansion works to benefit the infrastructure of Cuba holidays of Trinidad actually started in 2009 and this year, over 5 million CUC have been earmarked both for the restoration and building purposes in order to increase tourism activities in the territory.
This restorative and expansive programme includes restoration works in the five-star 500-room Iberostar Ancon and the opening of the Cuba-France five-star-52-room Hotel PanSea.
Adding even more historical value to Cuba holidays in Trinidad, it is also expected that the restoration of the Iznaga Palace (Palacio Iznaga), a local ancient mansion with great architectural values located right at the entrance of the so called historical area of the city, will be concluded by the end of this year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...