Dubai's Tourist Industry recovers with influx of visitors enjoying summer Dubai holidays
Despite a turbulent economic year, the United Arab Emirate of Dubai is back on track as it welcomes an influx of visitors including business travellers and families enjoying Dubai holidays in the Middle Eastern hub of business, art and culture.
As the summer temperatures begin to soar in Dubai, the number of travellers enjoying Dubai holidays is also on the rise as the city provides a wealth of art, culture, history and business for its visitors after a period of economic turbulence.
Dubai is famously known as a global business and finance hub but the other side of the United Arab Emirate offers travellers enjoying holidays in Dubai an array of fine art galleries, shopping boutiques and world-class sporting events.
The Middle East country has been celebrating the Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) festival this summer with a number of discounts being offered by popular shopping malls and a series of music and arts festivals for local residents and travellers enjoying Dubai holidays.
The summer festival lasts until 7th August and has provided Dubai hotels with a welcome boost in occupancy levels which have risen by 75 percent during the event.
With two sides to the country divided by the Creek, travellers on Dubai holidays can explore the country with the help of local water taxis to carry them across to both areas and the tourist region of Jumeirah.
Historical attractions include the Grand Mosque on the Bur Dubai side of the Creek; Sheikh Saeed Al Maktoum House, a museum in Port Rashid; Jumeirah Archaeological site; the Jumeirah Mosque; the watch tower of Burj Nahar; the Dhow Wharfage; and Dubai's first school, Al-Ahmadiya.
There has also been an increase in Asian travellers taking Dubai holidays and last year the number of visitors from China staying in Dubai hotels increased to 107,488 from 2008's figures of 96,328.
Dubai International Airport saw approximately 40 million passengers arriving and departing in 2009 for business trips and leisurely Dubai holidays.
Situated in the Persian Gulf, Dubai is one of the seven United Arab Emirates and is bordered by Oman, Abu Dhabi, and Sharjah.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The first Sofitel SO brand in the world is a luxury Eco resort, set in an oasis of nature in the south of Mauritius,...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...