Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau shortlisted for top industry award
The Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau plays a vital role in ensuring travellers on Sri Lanka holidays are provided with correct information on travel, hotels and destination and it has been shortlisted for the Tourist Board of the Year TTG award.
The Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau has been nominated for the Tourist Board of the Year award at this year's TTG Travels Awards which is run by Travel Trade Gazette, the travel industry's leading newspaper.
The Tourism Bureau plays a vital role in providing information for tourists looking for Sri Lanka holidays as well as travellers who are already in the country. Travellers can find out about Sri Lanka hotels, destinations, travel links, and attractions on the stunning island nation.
Since the end of the island's civil war, the country has seen a significant and immediate increase in tourists on holidays in Sri Lanka. The increase in visitors enjoying Sri Lanka holidays has been a welcome boost to the island and the Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau has played its part in making this happen with a series of rebranding campaigns.
The Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau will be competing for the prestigious Tourist Board of the Year award alongside Tourism Australia, Dubai Tourism, Barbados Tourism Authority, South Africa Tourism and the Kenya Tourist Board.
Editor of TTG, Daniel Pearce, said: "Faced with ash cloud, airline strikes and global recession, the UK's best travel companies have really proven their worth, and we've been overwhelmed by the strength of this year's entries. Our unique combination of voting by travel agents and judging by industry experts makes a TTG Award the real hallmark of excellence within travel. We congratulate all those who've made it onto our hotly-contested shortlist."
Director of the Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau, Sanjika Perera, commented: "The TTG Travel Awards are regarded as a universal benchmark of quality within the travel industry. We are tremendously proud to have been shortlisted alongside such other strong entrants."
Experts from leading travel organisations, commerce, retail, and trade bodies including Thomas Cook, the Institute of Travel and Tourism, and luxury holidays provider, Sandals, will be the judges for the prestigious awards.
The winners will be announced at a lavish ceremony on 23rd September, 2010 at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover the beautiful Sri Lankan nature, located beside a perfect strech beach on the Island's West Coast
- Beautifully located beside a perfect stretch of sandy beach on the island's west coast
- Modern and comfortable rooms with breathtaking sea views
- Choose from the open air terrace offering delicious traditional and international cuisines
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Take advantage of a this twin destination combination treat
- Enjoy themed nights with flavours from around the world in Sri Lanka
- Discover the wonder of Old and New Delhi with a guided, full day city tour
- Visit the City Palace, an overwhelming complex of exquisite palaces, gardens and courtyards, decorative art and carved doorways
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...