Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau shortlisted for top industry award
The Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau plays a vital role in ensuring travellers on Sri Lanka holidays are provided with correct information on travel, hotels and destination and it has been shortlisted for the Tourist Board of the Year TTG award.
The Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau has been nominated for the Tourist Board of the Year award at this year's TTG Travels Awards which is run by Travel Trade Gazette, the travel industry's leading newspaper.
The Tourism Bureau plays a vital role in providing information for tourists looking for Sri Lanka holidays as well as travellers who are already in the country. Travellers can find out about Sri Lanka hotels, destinations, travel links, and attractions on the stunning island nation.
Since the end of the island's civil war, the country has seen a significant and immediate increase in tourists on holidays in Sri Lanka. The increase in visitors enjoying Sri Lanka holidays has been a welcome boost to the island and the Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau has played its part in making this happen with a series of rebranding campaigns.
The Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau will be competing for the prestigious Tourist Board of the Year award alongside Tourism Australia, Dubai Tourism, Barbados Tourism Authority, South Africa Tourism and the Kenya Tourist Board.
Editor of TTG, Daniel Pearce, said: "Faced with ash cloud, airline strikes and global recession, the UK's best travel companies have really proven their worth, and we've been overwhelmed by the strength of this year's entries. Our unique combination of voting by travel agents and judging by industry experts makes a TTG Award the real hallmark of excellence within travel. We congratulate all those who've made it onto our hotly-contested shortlist."
Director of the Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau, Sanjika Perera, commented: "The TTG Travel Awards are regarded as a universal benchmark of quality within the travel industry. We are tremendously proud to have been shortlisted alongside such other strong entrants."
Experts from leading travel organisations, commerce, retail, and trade bodies including Thomas Cook, the Institute of Travel and Tourism, and luxury holidays provider, Sandals, will be the judges for the prestigious awards.
The winners will be announced at a lavish ceremony on 23rd September, 2010 at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...