Oman Air shortlisted for prestigious travel industry award
Oman Air has been nominated for one of the industry's most prestigious awards at this year's TTG Travel Awards for its success in providing excellent service, facilities and aircraft for travellers on Oman holidays and business trips.
This year's TTG Travel Awards have shortlisted Oman Air for one of the travel industry's most prestigious awards – Airline of the Year.
The TTG Travel Awards are run by the leading trade newspaper, Travel Trade Gazette, and the winner of the important award will be announced at a lavish ceremony which will be held on 23rd September 2010, at the Grosvenor House in London.
Oman Air has had a busy 12 months with the introduction of a new airbus A330 aircraft which will provide passengers on Oman holidays with spacious and luxurious interiors and state of the art entertainment on flights to Oman.
The airline has also become the first in the world to offer full mobile phone use and Wi-Fi connectivity at the same time which will enable passengers to email, browse the Internet and make and receive phone calls and texts during the flight to their Oman holidays.
The airline offers cheap Oman flights and routes to and from destinations all over the world on a daily basis. Peter Hill, CEO of the national carrier Oman Air, said:
"We are extremely proud to be shortlisted for this prestigious award. We have worked hard to ensure that Oman Air is synonymous with distinctive comfort, luxury and the very best that air travel has to offer. Over the coming months we will be unveiling further new routes, services and technologies which will add even greater value to the Oman Air travel experience."
Editor of the Travel Trade Gazette, Daniel Pearce, said:
"Faced with ash cloud, airline strikes and global recession, the UK's best travel companies have really proven their worth, and we've been overwhelmed by the strength of this year's entries. Our unique combination of voting by travel agents and judging by industry experts makes a TTG Award the real hallmark of excellence within travel.
"We congratulate all those who've made it onto our hotly-contested shortlist."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
The Topaz Hotel is perfect for those who want to explore St Paul's bay and Malta's rugged countryside. Affordable and...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...