Dubai Hotels See "Big Demand" for Rooms
Dubai hotels and hotel apartments are seeing an increase in travellers wanting rooms this summer as the Dubai Summer Surprises Programme and numerous summer activities attracts more travellers from the GCC.
As the Dubai Summer Surprises programmes continues, Dubai hotels and hotel apartments are seeing huge demand for rooms and suites as the influx of travellers from the GCC arrive on their Dubai holidays.
The demand for rooms in luxury, mid-range and budget Dubai hotels has increased by 15 percent as tourists arrive to take part in the numerous activities taking place across the country.
Travellers from the other United Arab Emirates have been taking advantage of affordable tailor-made packages holidays in Dubai which has led to the rise in domestic tourism.
There are currently 352 Dubai hotels and 188 hotel apartments with 61,182 rooms, suites and furnished apartments. With 52 five-star and 59 four-star Dubai hotels, travellers enjoying holidays in Dubai can enjoy a selection of luxury accommodation as well as a number of resorts and properties which cater for families.
General Manager of Layia Hospitality, Daniel Hajjar, said: "Every year, DSS enables Dubai to stand out among other interesting destinations to visit during the summer. Its impact this year was felt from the start of July as schools in the GCC closed by the June end and the FIFA World Cup delayed travel plans for many."
"Despite these factors, occupancy rates of our serviced and furnished apartments touched 85 per cent while the Layia Oak Hotel & Suites saw occupancy rates of around 70 per cent. We are confident to trade in the high 80's from now till the start of Ramadan."
The numerous summer activities are having a positive impact on many Dubai hotels and businesses across the city.
General Manager of Ramada Downtown, Martin Kolb, said: "DSS has had a notable impact in the occupancy this summer with rates touching 75 per cent. This figure represents an increase of 25 per cent compared to the months prior to DSS."
The Tamani Marina has seen a 10 to 15 percent increase in bookings since the Dubai Summer Surprises programme began.
General Manager, Moin Sarhaan, said: "A notable factor was the high number of guests from other emirates. The FIFA World Cup did have a negative impact on occupancy rates but we expect the remaining part of DSS to be much better."
General Manager of Capitol Hotel, Midhat Barsoom, said, "A majority of hotel guests are from other emirates and this is a welcome factor for domestic tourism. We have seen large groups of guests, especially families that take advantage of combined offers and packages. We expect a positive outcome during the rest of the summer as schools have closed and this in turn will encourage families to travel."
The DSS programme of event has been taking place all summer and will last until 7th August 2010. The programme has seen local companies, shopping malls, hotels, attractions and the tourism association take part in a series of promotions, festivals, sporting and fashion events.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Perfection is synonymous with this stunning property on Dubai's Palm Island
- There are 10 restaurants and bars serving a variety of cuisine from all over the globe
- Boasting the Talise Ottoman Spa, where guests can indulge in a host of relaxing treatments and therapies
- 300 AED SPA credit per person per stay for the hotel SPA
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
Relax and enjoy your stay at this five-star resort excellent choice for families
- Enjoy many additional complimentary benefits when staying in the newly refurbished superior rooms
- First child stay free on bed and breakfast up to the age of 14 when sharing with parents
- Amazing choice of award winning restaurants and bars
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...