F&B Exhibition & Culinary Event promoted Maldives holidays
Running for the 6th consecutive year, an event to promote F&B and hotel equipment across Maldives resorts was recently held in the island including a culinary challenge in which various Maldives hotels participated as competitors.
The Hotel Asia 2010 Exhibition and Culinary Challenge, an event held annually to promote F&B and hotel equipment in the Maldives and to highlight the quality of Maldives holidays and hotels, was recently held from 5-7th July 2010, with representatives from the Sri Lanka holiday market making up 30% of the exhibitors. This marked the 10th consecutive year that the event is being held as one of the largest events in the Maldives holidays industry that showcases food, drink, foodservice, hospitality and hotel equipment industries.
Celebrating its 6th edition, Hotel Asia has established itself as a must attend event for the Hotel/Resort and Foodservice sectors and is regarded by many as one of the most important industry events in South Asia. About 5000 visitors from the resorts and the business community were expected to attend.
Participating countries were India, Sri Lanka, Dubai, U.S., Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Malaysia, South Africa, Germany, France and Switzerland.
As part of the event, the ever popular Culinary Challenge was also held for the 6th consecutive year, with Maldives hotels and resorts taking part in the competition.
During the challenge, visitors were able to meet hundreds of food and beverage executives over a span of three days making it a dynamic marketplace for face-to-face business and industry innovation.
About 40 resorts participated in the event with 300 entries coming in from the Maldives. There were no Sri Lankan representations from Sri Lanka hotels with the target being on the Maldivian chefs.
The culinary challenge is one of the highly anticipated events at Hotel Asia where many chefs from the local resorts and hotels take part vying for top honours.
Alan Palmer, world renowned chef and Member of the World Association of Chef's Societies (WACS) will be the Chief Judge for the event. The certificates issued at this Culinary Challenge are highly recognised worldwide and are considered a major achievement in the eyes of the participants.
Overall Sri Lanka was notably the dominant country participating at the exhibition with 50 stalls showcasing all that Sri Lanka holidays have to offer, out of a total of 140 stalls being run by 32 companies participating from Sri Lanka.
The Maldivian President and the US Ambassador to the Maldives was present at the Inauguration on 5th July to give participants a warm welcome to the events.
Also during the event a series of seminars were conducted by chefs, with eminent Sri Lankan chef Gerard Mendis set to conduct a seminar on behalf of Unilever.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Surrounded by crystal clear waters and tropical vegetation, Olhuveli Beach and Spa Resort is home away from home.
- Sunset Fishing, Male Sightseeing, a visit to a local island and Snorkelling Safari are just some of the excursions available
- Enjoy spa credit, included excursions, sunset cruises and more with the Emerald Plan, whilst the All Inclusive package offers use of sports facilities for free
- From a kids club and live evening entertainment to the Sun Spa, there is something to cater for the needs of all family members
Combine effortless luxury with the stunning surrounding paradise in the Maldives
- Create lasting memories with a sunset cruise
- Discover the crystal clear waters and marine life through a wide range of water sports activities
- Relax and unwind in the well-appointed luxury villas
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...