Legend Golf & Safari named Africa holidays' Leading Sports Resort
During the prestigious World Travel Awards ceremony, one outstanding Africa hotel walked away with the coveted titles of "Africa's Leading Sports Resort" and "South Africa's Leading Golf Resort" for the outstanding quality of sports holidays they provide.
Legend Golf & Safari Resort at the Big 5 Entabeni Safari Conservancy in the Waterberg area of Limpopo, has been named Africa's Leading Sports Resort and South Africa’s Leading Golf Resort at the prestigious World Travel Awards. Hailed as the “Oscars of the travel industry”, the World Travel Awards is the most influential and comprehensive awards programme for the travel sector.
The glittering red carpet event, staged at The Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg ahead of the weekend’s World Cup final, saw global travel professionals acknowledge the uniqueness of the world-class resort situated in the African bush which boasts a world first Signature Golf Course, a golf academy, a unique 10-hole Tribute golf course in addition to conference facilities, a Field of Legends sports complex, a Wildlife and Cultural Centre and a host of other facilities and activities.
Peet Cilliers, CEO of Legend Lodges, Hotels & Resorts, said: “Once again our vision and passion seems to have been recognised by our peers in the global travel and tourism industry. As the eyes of the world have been on South Africa for the past month as a wonderful FIFA World Cup has been played out it is especially rewarding to be lauded in this way. I believe South Africa has come of age and is showing the world what a truly great international destination it is for all global travellers – and (we) Legend are determined to be at the forefront of that.”
Legend Golf & Safari Resort, located on the 22,000 hectare, malaria-free Big 5 Entabeni Safari Conservancy, is also home to the Signature Course, designed by 18 of the world's leading golfers, as well as the planet's most extreme golf hole - the Extreme 19th.
It sprang to global prominence when more than three million people across the world experienced the longest and highest par-three on the globe thanks to a short video of former Open Champion Padraig Harrington in a play-off against French tour star Raphael Jacquelin.
Since then hundreds and hundreds of people have enjoyed the adrenaline rush of this unique golfing experience.The resort boasts more than 200 luxury resort suites and has just welcomed several thousand visitors from Brazil during the FIFA World Cup.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
Enjoy plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment at this luxury all inclusive resort
- Make the most of your holiday with the on-site Pirates Diving School who offer a range of PADI courses suitable for all ages
- Indulge in some spectacular cuisines with a wide variety of 11 restaurants and bars to choose from
- Enjoy a relaxing day on the private beach or let loose with a host of water sports
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Combine the excitement and adventure of South Africa with a luxurius stay in Maritius
- Swim with Dolphins in Mauritius for a simply amazing tropical experience
- Experience a spectacular Ballon Safari at Mabula Game Lodge
- Capture the magic and wonder of the big five in South Africa
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
This is a two-week journey that you will never forget as you are taken in by South Africa's wealth of wonders and...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Situated outside the city in a quiet and uplifting location by the seaside, the Ezzahra Dar Tunis enjoys a wonderfully...