Legend Golf & Safari named Africa holidays' Leading Sports Resort
During the prestigious World Travel Awards ceremony, one outstanding Africa hotel walked away with the coveted titles of "Africa's Leading Sports Resort" and "South Africa's Leading Golf Resort" for the outstanding quality of sports holidays they provide.
Legend Golf & Safari Resort at the Big 5 Entabeni Safari Conservancy in the Waterberg area of Limpopo, has been named Africa's Leading Sports Resort and South Africa’s Leading Golf Resort at the prestigious World Travel Awards. Hailed as the “Oscars of the travel industry”, the World Travel Awards is the most influential and comprehensive awards programme for the travel sector.
The glittering red carpet event, staged at The Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg ahead of the weekend’s World Cup final, saw global travel professionals acknowledge the uniqueness of the world-class resort situated in the African bush which boasts a world first Signature Golf Course, a golf academy, a unique 10-hole Tribute golf course in addition to conference facilities, a Field of Legends sports complex, a Wildlife and Cultural Centre and a host of other facilities and activities.
Peet Cilliers, CEO of Legend Lodges, Hotels & Resorts, said: “Once again our vision and passion seems to have been recognised by our peers in the global travel and tourism industry. As the eyes of the world have been on South Africa for the past month as a wonderful FIFA World Cup has been played out it is especially rewarding to be lauded in this way. I believe South Africa has come of age and is showing the world what a truly great international destination it is for all global travellers – and (we) Legend are determined to be at the forefront of that.”
Legend Golf & Safari Resort, located on the 22,000 hectare, malaria-free Big 5 Entabeni Safari Conservancy, is also home to the Signature Course, designed by 18 of the world's leading golfers, as well as the planet's most extreme golf hole - the Extreme 19th.
It sprang to global prominence when more than three million people across the world experienced the longest and highest par-three on the globe thanks to a short video of former Open Champion Padraig Harrington in a play-off against French tour star Raphael Jacquelin.
Since then hundreds and hundreds of people have enjoyed the adrenaline rush of this unique golfing experience.The resort boasts more than 200 luxury resort suites and has just welcomed several thousand visitors from Brazil during the FIFA World Cup.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonder, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £199pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
Best of Cape Town, Garden Route & Safari tour is your perfect choice to find out about the country, its history and culture.
- Your journey includes 3 exciting game drives to spot Africa's "Big Five": lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhinoceros
- Highlights includes: Cape Town Garden Route seeing the Cango Caves and the Swartberg Mountain, safari game drives, The Winelands, Monkeyland, Knysna Forest and more
- Excellent services included in the tour: 10 days Toyoto Corolla Car rental with GPS and additional driver option
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Combine two fascinating countries in one, with South Africa and Dubai as your perfect choice
- Spend a morning with the Big Five in the Kruger National Park
- Enjoy some ice skating in Dubai, even in summer!
- Gasp at the glory of God's Window, with a boundless view of mountains and fertile plains
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic combinations of...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...
Situated outside the city in a quiet and uplifting location by the seaside, the Ezzahra Dar Tunis enjoys a wonderfully...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...