Legend Golf & Safari named Africa holidays' Leading Sports Resort
During the prestigious World Travel Awards ceremony, one outstanding Africa hotel walked away with the coveted titles of "Africa's Leading Sports Resort" and "South Africa's Leading Golf Resort" for the outstanding quality of sports holidays they provide.
Legend Golf & Safari Resort at the Big 5 Entabeni Safari Conservancy in the Waterberg area of Limpopo, has been named Africa's Leading Sports Resort and South Africa’s Leading Golf Resort at the prestigious World Travel Awards. Hailed as the “Oscars of the travel industry”, the World Travel Awards is the most influential and comprehensive awards programme for the travel sector.
The glittering red carpet event, staged at The Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg ahead of the weekend’s World Cup final, saw global travel professionals acknowledge the uniqueness of the world-class resort situated in the African bush which boasts a world first Signature Golf Course, a golf academy, a unique 10-hole Tribute golf course in addition to conference facilities, a Field of Legends sports complex, a Wildlife and Cultural Centre and a host of other facilities and activities.
Peet Cilliers, CEO of Legend Lodges, Hotels & Resorts, said: “Once again our vision and passion seems to have been recognised by our peers in the global travel and tourism industry. As the eyes of the world have been on South Africa for the past month as a wonderful FIFA World Cup has been played out it is especially rewarding to be lauded in this way. I believe South Africa has come of age and is showing the world what a truly great international destination it is for all global travellers – and (we) Legend are determined to be at the forefront of that.”
Legend Golf & Safari Resort, located on the 22,000 hectare, malaria-free Big 5 Entabeni Safari Conservancy, is also home to the Signature Course, designed by 18 of the world's leading golfers, as well as the planet's most extreme golf hole - the Extreme 19th.
It sprang to global prominence when more than three million people across the world experienced the longest and highest par-three on the globe thanks to a short video of former Open Champion Padraig Harrington in a play-off against French tour star Raphael Jacquelin.
Since then hundreds and hundreds of people have enjoyed the adrenaline rush of this unique golfing experience.The resort boasts more than 200 luxury resort suites and has just welcomed several thousand visitors from Brazil during the FIFA World Cup.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Relaxing and unforgettable experience - 11 nights tour including an excellent range of facilities
- Experience the fruitful lifestyle of the Cape Region
- Discover the spectacular landscapes of the Kruger region
- Travel to Karongwe Private Game Reserve to get exclusive access, day and night, to a wide range of animals including the "Big Five"
Treat yourself to a wold look at South Africa and a luxury stay in Mauritius
- Near to Fisherman’s Cove, part of an unspoilt and authentic area of the island
- visit some of the oldest caves in the world - the Echo Caves - which have been declared a Historical Monument.
- The Lowveld, also referred to as “Big Game Country”, is the setting for dozens of game reserves teeming with wildlife and birds
Combine the excitement and adventure of South Africa with a luxurius stay in Maritius
- Swim with Dolphins in Mauritius for a simply amazing tropical experience
- Experience a spectacular Ballon Safari at Mabula Game Lodge
- Capture the magic and wonder of the big five in South Africa
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
This is a two-week journey that you will never forget as you are taken in by South Africa's wealth of wonders and...
South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic combinations of...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...
Situated outside the city in a quiet and uplifting location by the seaside, the Ezzahra Dar Tunis enjoys a wonderfully...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...