Legend Golf & Safari named Africa holidays' Leading Sports Resort
During the prestigious World Travel Awards ceremony, one outstanding Africa hotel walked away with the coveted titles of "Africa's Leading Sports Resort" and "South Africa's Leading Golf Resort" for the outstanding quality of sports holidays they provide.
Legend Golf & Safari Resort at the Big 5 Entabeni Safari Conservancy in the Waterberg area of Limpopo, has been named Africa's Leading Sports Resort and South Africa’s Leading Golf Resort at the prestigious World Travel Awards. Hailed as the “Oscars of the travel industry”, the World Travel Awards is the most influential and comprehensive awards programme for the travel sector.
The glittering red carpet event, staged at The Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg ahead of the weekend’s World Cup final, saw global travel professionals acknowledge the uniqueness of the world-class resort situated in the African bush which boasts a world first Signature Golf Course, a golf academy, a unique 10-hole Tribute golf course in addition to conference facilities, a Field of Legends sports complex, a Wildlife and Cultural Centre and a host of other facilities and activities.
Peet Cilliers, CEO of Legend Lodges, Hotels & Resorts, said: “Once again our vision and passion seems to have been recognised by our peers in the global travel and tourism industry. As the eyes of the world have been on South Africa for the past month as a wonderful FIFA World Cup has been played out it is especially rewarding to be lauded in this way. I believe South Africa has come of age and is showing the world what a truly great international destination it is for all global travellers – and (we) Legend are determined to be at the forefront of that.”
Legend Golf & Safari Resort, located on the 22,000 hectare, malaria-free Big 5 Entabeni Safari Conservancy, is also home to the Signature Course, designed by 18 of the world's leading golfers, as well as the planet's most extreme golf hole - the Extreme 19th.
It sprang to global prominence when more than three million people across the world experienced the longest and highest par-three on the globe thanks to a short video of former Open Champion Padraig Harrington in a play-off against French tour star Raphael Jacquelin.
Since then hundreds and hundreds of people have enjoyed the adrenaline rush of this unique golfing experience.The resort boasts more than 200 luxury resort suites and has just welcomed several thousand visitors from Brazil during the FIFA World Cup.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
This modern resort offers an ideal location for a family friendly stay close to beautiful sandy beaches
- Just 10 minutes by bus from a lovely stretch of some of the finest sandy beaches
- Dive deep into clear waters of the Red Sea to enjoy colourful coral reefs and explore a variety of fish and marine life
- Sol y Mar Sharks Bay offers a variety of restaurants, a lobby bar & terrace, an Internet cafe and a shuttle bus to the nearby beach
With access to a private beach and every facility imaginable on site it's no wonder guests return to Hilton Sharks bay - it's a perfect for the whole family
- Relax and unwind with a massage or jacuzzi in the health club
- Enjoy a number of dining options including Il Rustico Restaurant - where you can enjoy barbeques on the terrace
- Enjoy the evenings with the nightly entertainment programme
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Go for the experience of lifetime on this self-driven Kruger route - a classical tour that offers something for everyone with magical views along the way.
- The package includes accommodation in carefully selected 4* properties, meals as well as car hire including a GPS during your entire journey
- The tour is 7 nights and 8 days long with insights into the history of South Africa, cultural diversity, adventure, scenic beauty and unforgettable safaris
- Enjoy 4 game drives including morning and afternoon safaris to see elephants, leopards, lions, rhinos, cheetahs, hippos and many more animals
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Enjoy the best of Egypt's coastal riches as you make the resort town of Sharm El Sheikh your home away from home. And...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Beautifully crafted to reflect modern Andalusian style, a Spanish region that was for long conquered by the Moroccan...