Legend Golf & Safari named Africa holidays' Leading Sports Resort
During the prestigious World Travel Awards ceremony, one outstanding Africa hotel walked away with the coveted titles of "Africa's Leading Sports Resort" and "South Africa's Leading Golf Resort" for the outstanding quality of sports holidays they provide.
Legend Golf & Safari Resort at the Big 5 Entabeni Safari Conservancy in the Waterberg area of Limpopo, has been named Africa's Leading Sports Resort and South Africa’s Leading Golf Resort at the prestigious World Travel Awards. Hailed as the “Oscars of the travel industry”, the World Travel Awards is the most influential and comprehensive awards programme for the travel sector.
The glittering red carpet event, staged at The Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg ahead of the weekend’s World Cup final, saw global travel professionals acknowledge the uniqueness of the world-class resort situated in the African bush which boasts a world first Signature Golf Course, a golf academy, a unique 10-hole Tribute golf course in addition to conference facilities, a Field of Legends sports complex, a Wildlife and Cultural Centre and a host of other facilities and activities.
Peet Cilliers, CEO of Legend Lodges, Hotels & Resorts, said: “Once again our vision and passion seems to have been recognised by our peers in the global travel and tourism industry. As the eyes of the world have been on South Africa for the past month as a wonderful FIFA World Cup has been played out it is especially rewarding to be lauded in this way. I believe South Africa has come of age and is showing the world what a truly great international destination it is for all global travellers – and (we) Legend are determined to be at the forefront of that.”
Legend Golf & Safari Resort, located on the 22,000 hectare, malaria-free Big 5 Entabeni Safari Conservancy, is also home to the Signature Course, designed by 18 of the world's leading golfers, as well as the planet's most extreme golf hole - the Extreme 19th.
It sprang to global prominence when more than three million people across the world experienced the longest and highest par-three on the globe thanks to a short video of former Open Champion Padraig Harrington in a play-off against French tour star Raphael Jacquelin.
Since then hundreds and hundreds of people have enjoyed the adrenaline rush of this unique golfing experience.The resort boasts more than 200 luxury resort suites and has just welcomed several thousand visitors from Brazil during the FIFA World Cup.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Go for the experience of lifetime on this self-driven Kruger route - a classical tour that offers something for everyone with magical views along the way.
- The package includes accommodation in carefully selected 4* properties, meals as well as car hire including a GPS during your entire journey
- The tour is 7 nights and 8 days long with insights into the history of South Africa, cultural diversity, adventure, scenic beauty and unforgettable safaris
- Enjoy 4 game drives including morning and afternoon safaris to see elephants, leopards, lions, rhinos, cheetahs, hippos and many more animals
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Discover a Kruger adventure in South Africa ahead of a relaxing treat in the Seychelles
- Drift away with a combination of Oriental traditions and modern skincare at the Duniye Spa
- Visit Centre for Endangered Species allowing visitors the opportunity to view and interact with a variety of animals
- Enjoy the thrills of river rafting, tubing, abseiling, zipline, aerial cable trail and quad biking
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...
Oozing Moroccan charm through all its pores, this elegant and picturesque boutique hotel and "maison" sitting...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...