Exploring Cuban Arts & Music during Cuba holidays with "Arte en la Rampa" Fair
A great new summer fair in Havana will be presented all throughout July and August promoting Cuban arts in all its forms. From painting exhibitions, to music concerts and book presentations, Cubans and foreign visitors will have plenty to see and enjoy.
This summer Cuba holidays are about to get more packed with plenty of cultural and musical activities for everyone to enjoy during the 11th celebration of the "Arte en la Rampa" fair, to be held in the 'Cuba Pavilion' of Vedado, and which will be presented all throughout July and August as one of Havana's most celebrated events with the best of the country's cultural and artistic expressions.
Each day will see the exhibition centre coming alive with a packed schedule that includes concerts, books presentations, encounters with culture celebrities, among other attractive options that are bound to entertain travellers taking Cuba holidays this summer.
The fair, due to remain open until September 5; is the largest of its kind to be organised in the Island. The diversity, good taste, and ample presence of craftsmanship return to characterise this yearly meeting, highly acclaimed by Havana's citizens and visitors enjoying their holidays in Cuba at the time.
As part of the artistic programmes lined up for weekends it has been announced that starting from 10:30 a.m there will be entertainment shows for children, with magicians, clowns, choirs, children dances and popular characters from Cuban TV programmes.
From 6 to 8 p.m on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays there will be concerts with famous figures of the Cuban music, while Thursdays afternoons will be entirely dedicated to jazz performances. On each Saturday at 4:00 p.m. there will be fashion parades with designs of textile artisans.
Every Thursday, at 2:00 p.m. there’ll be a rendezvous between the journalist and directress of Havana Radio, Magda Resik, with famous personalities of the Cuban culture. On July 15 the guest artist will be Reynaldo Gonzalez, National Prize for Literature.
On the other hand, Genesis Gallery proposes for Fridays, at 4:00 p.m., portfolios with reproductions, as well as mounted reproductions, of important Cuban artists of the plastic arts who will attend those presentations to sign and sale the pieces. On July 16 Zayda del Rio will be present with their serigraphy works.
Another of the appealing features of this Fair are the workshops which are organised by Casa de las Americas.
The fair opens from Tuesday through Friday, from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., while on Saturdays and Sundays the schedule changes from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the evening. The Art Fair returns like every summer in La Rampa a new bet for diversity and the quality of our cultural productions.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...