Exploring Cuban Arts & Music during Cuba holidays with "Arte en la Rampa" Fair
A great new summer fair in Havana will be presented all throughout July and August promoting Cuban arts in all its forms. From painting exhibitions, to music concerts and book presentations, Cubans and foreign visitors will have plenty to see and enjoy.
This summer Cuba holidays are about to get more packed with plenty of cultural and musical activities for everyone to enjoy during the 11th celebration of the "Arte en la Rampa" fair, to be held in the 'Cuba Pavilion' of Vedado, and which will be presented all throughout July and August as one of Havana's most celebrated events with the best of the country's cultural and artistic expressions.
Each day will see the exhibition centre coming alive with a packed schedule that includes concerts, books presentations, encounters with culture celebrities, among other attractive options that are bound to entertain travellers taking Cuba holidays this summer.
The fair, due to remain open until September 5; is the largest of its kind to be organised in the Island. The diversity, good taste, and ample presence of craftsmanship return to characterise this yearly meeting, highly acclaimed by Havana's citizens and visitors enjoying their holidays in Cuba at the time.
As part of the artistic programmes lined up for weekends it has been announced that starting from 10:30 a.m there will be entertainment shows for children, with magicians, clowns, choirs, children dances and popular characters from Cuban TV programmes.
From 6 to 8 p.m on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays there will be concerts with famous figures of the Cuban music, while Thursdays afternoons will be entirely dedicated to jazz performances. On each Saturday at 4:00 p.m. there will be fashion parades with designs of textile artisans.
Every Thursday, at 2:00 p.m. there’ll be a rendezvous between the journalist and directress of Havana Radio, Magda Resik, with famous personalities of the Cuban culture. On July 15 the guest artist will be Reynaldo Gonzalez, National Prize for Literature.
On the other hand, Genesis Gallery proposes for Fridays, at 4:00 p.m., portfolios with reproductions, as well as mounted reproductions, of important Cuban artists of the plastic arts who will attend those presentations to sign and sale the pieces. On July 16 Zayda del Rio will be present with their serigraphy works.
Another of the appealing features of this Fair are the workshops which are organised by Casa de las Americas.
The fair opens from Tuesday through Friday, from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., while on Saturdays and Sundays the schedule changes from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the evening. The Art Fair returns like every summer in La Rampa a new bet for diversity and the quality of our cultural productions.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31th Aug 2017
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...