New daily service connecting New Yorkers to Egypt holidays
As more interest grows among American travellers, Continental airlines have launched a new direct route between New York's Newark airport and Cairo with a daily flight frequency. The new operation is due to start next year on 18th May 2011.
Providing a more frequent service and increased capacity for Egypt holidays among New Yorkers, Continental Airlines recently unveiled plans to launch non-stop direct flights between Newark Liberty Airport and Cairo, starting 18th May 2011, subject to government approval.
With Egypt holidays proving increasingly popular among U.S. travellers, Cairo, the largest city in Africa and the Middle East, will be the 72nd international destination that Continental serves from its New York hub at Newark Liberty International Airport and the 30th city in Continental's trans-Atlantic route network. Currently, Continental serves more non-stop destinations with more flights from the New York area than any other airline.
"We are excited to grow our international route network from the New York area by adding nonstop service to Cairo," said Jeff Smisek, Continental's chairman, president and CEO. "Continental's new route will provide numerous opportunities for connections to dozens of destinations in Africa and the Middle East that are served by our Star Alliance partners."
On May 3, Continental announced that it has agreed to merge with United Airlines in a merger of equals to create the world's leading airline. The success of the Newark-Cairo route will be enhanced by the additional traffic flows through Newark that are expected to result from the merger.
The Newark-Cairo route will benefit from connecting traffic at both ends improving the air services linking Egypt holidays to other destinations. Cairo is home to Egyptair, one of the 28 carriers, including Continental, that are members of Star Alliance. Egyptair and its regional airline partners offer service to 41 holiday destinations in Egypt, Africa and the Middle East, including holidays to Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Damascus, Istanbul, Aswan, Jeddah and Johannesburg.
The flight will be timed to provide convenient North American connections at Continental's Newark Liberty hub to the West Coast as well as to 87 other cities throughout the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
Continental will operate the approximately 5,600-mile flight with a Boeing 777-200ER aircraft, seating 50 customers in BusinessFirst with flat-bed seats and 226 customers in economy class. Flying time eastbound will be approximately 10 hours, 25 minutes, and westbound will be approximately 12 hours, 10 minutes.
Continental plans to operate the route on a daily basis during peak summer travel season when Egypt holidays experience the highest demand, with five- and four-times-weekly service during certain periods in the first year of operation.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Enjoy a unique Nile Cruise on a comfortable ship featuring panoramic views of the Nile from your cabin
- The Swiss Inn Superior Radamis I is a first class Nile Cruise ship which offers a voyage of luxury and discovery
- Each of the spacious cabins offers comfortable furnishings and panoramic views of the Nile
- Amenities on board the Radamis I include a sundeck and pool, a fitness area and a restaurant which serves a variety of dishes
Stay in comfortable cabins with air-conditioning and elegant dining rooms
- Benefit from the fabulous view of karnak, valley of the kingsand the temple of Philae
- Never waste a minute of your holiday with all night entertainment like the belly dancing show and other typical Egyptian performances
- Enjoy the large sun deck with loungers and a swimming pool a massage service is also available on the sundeck
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Now you can stop imagining how it would be to visit the cradle of mankind and paddle along the legendary River Nile and...
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Experience the thrill of a jaunt to the famous Valley of the Kings as you explore one of Egypt's touristic gems, Luxor....
Enjoying a central location in Luxor, directly on the banks of the Nile and within 10 min walking distance from Luxor...