New daily service connecting New Yorkers to Egypt holidays
As more interest grows among American travellers, Continental airlines have launched a new direct route between New York's Newark airport and Cairo with a daily flight frequency. The new operation is due to start next year on 18th May 2011.
Providing a more frequent service and increased capacity for Egypt holidays among New Yorkers, Continental Airlines recently unveiled plans to launch non-stop direct flights between Newark Liberty Airport and Cairo, starting 18th May 2011, subject to government approval.
With Egypt holidays proving increasingly popular among U.S. travellers, Cairo, the largest city in Africa and the Middle East, will be the 72nd international destination that Continental serves from its New York hub at Newark Liberty International Airport and the 30th city in Continental's trans-Atlantic route network. Currently, Continental serves more non-stop destinations with more flights from the New York area than any other airline.
"We are excited to grow our international route network from the New York area by adding nonstop service to Cairo," said Jeff Smisek, Continental's chairman, president and CEO. "Continental's new route will provide numerous opportunities for connections to dozens of destinations in Africa and the Middle East that are served by our Star Alliance partners."
On May 3, Continental announced that it has agreed to merge with United Airlines in a merger of equals to create the world's leading airline. The success of the Newark-Cairo route will be enhanced by the additional traffic flows through Newark that are expected to result from the merger.
The Newark-Cairo route will benefit from connecting traffic at both ends improving the air services linking Egypt holidays to other destinations. Cairo is home to Egyptair, one of the 28 carriers, including Continental, that are members of Star Alliance. Egyptair and its regional airline partners offer service to 41 holiday destinations in Egypt, Africa and the Middle East, including holidays to Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Damascus, Istanbul, Aswan, Jeddah and Johannesburg.
The flight will be timed to provide convenient North American connections at Continental's Newark Liberty hub to the West Coast as well as to 87 other cities throughout the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
Continental will operate the approximately 5,600-mile flight with a Boeing 777-200ER aircraft, seating 50 customers in BusinessFirst with flat-bed seats and 226 customers in economy class. Flying time eastbound will be approximately 10 hours, 25 minutes, and westbound will be approximately 12 hours, 10 minutes.
Continental plans to operate the route on a daily basis during peak summer travel season when Egypt holidays experience the highest demand, with five- and four-times-weekly service during certain periods in the first year of operation.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Enjoy plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment at this luxury all inclusive resort
- Indulge in some spectacular cuisines with a wide variety of 11 restaurants and bars to choose from
- Make the most of your holiday with the on-site Pirates Diving School who offer a range of PADI courses suitable for all ages
- Enjoy a relaxing day on the private beach or let loose with a host of water sports on offer
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
Sail the mighty River Nile, see the world's largest open air museum in Luxor and Discover the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo, the treasures of bygone days
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck of the Swiss Inn Radamis II
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Mercure Le Sphinx
- Discover the World's largest open air museum in Luxor whilst staying at the Karnak Temple
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Discover a submarine world filled with life while you enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the Hilton...
Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of Giza. Set just a...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers and Casino sits on the west bank of the River Nile offering magnificent views of the river...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...