New daily service connecting New Yorkers to Egypt holidays
As more interest grows among American travellers, Continental airlines have launched a new direct route between New York's Newark airport and Cairo with a daily flight frequency. The new operation is due to start next year on 18th May 2011.
Providing a more frequent service and increased capacity for Egypt holidays among New Yorkers, Continental Airlines recently unveiled plans to launch non-stop direct flights between Newark Liberty Airport and Cairo, starting 18th May 2011, subject to government approval.
With Egypt holidays proving increasingly popular among U.S. travellers, Cairo, the largest city in Africa and the Middle East, will be the 72nd international destination that Continental serves from its New York hub at Newark Liberty International Airport and the 30th city in Continental's trans-Atlantic route network. Currently, Continental serves more non-stop destinations with more flights from the New York area than any other airline.
"We are excited to grow our international route network from the New York area by adding nonstop service to Cairo," said Jeff Smisek, Continental's chairman, president and CEO. "Continental's new route will provide numerous opportunities for connections to dozens of destinations in Africa and the Middle East that are served by our Star Alliance partners."
On May 3, Continental announced that it has agreed to merge with United Airlines in a merger of equals to create the world's leading airline. The success of the Newark-Cairo route will be enhanced by the additional traffic flows through Newark that are expected to result from the merger.
The Newark-Cairo route will benefit from connecting traffic at both ends improving the air services linking Egypt holidays to other destinations. Cairo is home to Egyptair, one of the 28 carriers, including Continental, that are members of Star Alliance. Egyptair and its regional airline partners offer service to 41 holiday destinations in Egypt, Africa and the Middle East, including holidays to Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Damascus, Istanbul, Aswan, Jeddah and Johannesburg.
The flight will be timed to provide convenient North American connections at Continental's Newark Liberty hub to the West Coast as well as to 87 other cities throughout the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
Continental will operate the approximately 5,600-mile flight with a Boeing 777-200ER aircraft, seating 50 customers in BusinessFirst with flat-bed seats and 226 customers in economy class. Flying time eastbound will be approximately 10 hours, 25 minutes, and westbound will be approximately 12 hours, 10 minutes.
Continental plans to operate the route on a daily basis during peak summer travel season when Egypt holidays experience the highest demand, with five- and four-times-weekly service during certain periods in the first year of operation.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Relax at Naama Bay with pleasant grounds and wonderful amenities to keep you occupied
- Visitors flock to Pirates, for an eveing drink, before or after sampling some wonderful cuisine in the array of restaurants
- Prime spot in Naama bay, as it was one of the first hotels in the area. The grounds are well tended and mature, with colourful plants and shrubs throughout
- Guest accommodation is discrete, with low rise bungalows dotted throughout the beautiful garden setting. Rooms and suites are light and airy, are tastefully furnished and come with all modern amenities
Ideal for those who love the sun and sea with its own private beach and marina, a professional diving centre, a water sports centre and swimming pools.
- A prime location, beside a lovely sandy beach, just minutes from buzz of downtown Hurghada
- Kids can enjoy their own kids' club and pool, whilst adults can play tennis, squash or beach volleyball
- Guests can unwind and enjoy the magnificent view from their private balcony
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife
- There is a myriad of activities on offer from relaxing treatments at the Club Olympus Spa to exciting land and water sports
- Choose from fantastic dining options including seasonal specialities, a charcoal grill, and Thai cuisine
- Adventure seekers can enjoy jeep safaris, quad bikes, mountain treks, and camel expeditions
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Enjoy six days of sun and sand accompanied by uninterrupted leisure at Egypt's sought-after Sharm El Sheikh resort town...
Sharm El Sheikh is one of Egypt's best kept secrets. Spend six blissful days here enjoying the beauty of the Sinai...
Venture into the land of the pyramids and Pharaohs for a holiday you'll never forget. Besides the incredible history of...
Luxor is one Egypt's most captivating cities, replete with historic monuments such as the ancient tombs of the Valley of...
Enjoy a week-long stay in the land of the pharaohs by the banks of the legendary River Nile. While in the city of Luxor...
Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort nestles into a dramatic headland overlooking the Ras Mohammed National Park. This...