Steigenberger Al Dau Beach becomes first ever Egypt hotel to provide TUV Rheinland certificied Egypt holidays
The first ever hotel in Egypt to have been awarded the coveted Best Health International certificate for the quality of its spa and wellness facilities, now proudly stands as one of Egypt's best.
Even after the recent open of the new ultra-luxurious Kempinski resort in Cairo it looks like Egypt holidays are unstoppable in their hosting of incredible luxury hotels. The lates one to have received praise for providing outstanding luxury holidays in Egypt has been recognised with honours by TUV Rheinland. The deluxe Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel on the Red Sea has become the first wellness hotel in Egypt and the first one outside of Europe to be awarded the Best Health International certificate for quality in spa and wellness tourism. This occurred following an independent inspection of the 5-star hotel by TUV Rheinland auditors. Since the beginning of 2009, establishments can arrange to be certified by TUV Rheinland to the Best Health International standard. This quality standard encompasses more than 130 inspection criteria covering a wide range of different areas that can be hard for guests themselves to ascertain or judge. Such areas include the training and professional development of therapists, the use of food from the region, hygiene as well as promises made regarding the effectiveness of the therapies and applications.
“We are delighted to have been awarded this prestigious certificate, which is testament to our ongoing commitment to quality standards in our operation. Being the first hotel in Egypt to achieve this award clearly underlines our determination to set the benchmark in hospitality in the region“
With no doubt it was the outstandingly high standards of luxury spa services at this hotel that won them the title of the country's best when it came to luxury spa holidays in Egypt.
The quality standard was launched as part of a broad-based initiative involving the ministries of health and economic affairs, tourism organisations as well as leading companies from the hotel and health industry. The certification of the Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel on the Red Sea is part of a programme launched by the Egyptian tourism authorities to improve wellness facilities throughout the country. To help them achieve this, the Egyptian tourism authorities announced at the international tourism trade fair, the ITB Berlin in March 2010, their plans to cooperate with TUV Rheinland to certify wellness hotels to the Best Health International standard. The committee of the Egyptian Association of Spas & Wellness was set up back in 2008 to control the quality of wellness and spa facilities. Over the next two years, at least 20 Egypt hotels are to be inspected to international standards and certified by TUV Rheinland as wellness hotels.
Al Dau Beach Hotel is now officially the place to go for indulging spa Egypt holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Enjoy a unique Nile Cruise on a comfortable ship featuring panoramic views of the Nile from your cabin
- The Swiss Inn Superior Radamis I is a first class Nile Cruise ship which offers a voyage of luxury and discovery
- Each of the spacious cabins offers comfortable furnishings and panoramic views of the Nile
- Amenities on board the Radamis I include a sundeck and pool, a fitness area and a restaurant which serves a variety of dishes
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonder, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £199pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
Now you can stop imagining how it would be to visit the cradle of mankind and paddle along the legendary River Nile and...
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh is a luxurious all-suite resort located in Hurghada on Egypt's Red Sea Coast. This secluded...
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...
Experience the thrill of a jaunt to the famous Valley of the Kings as you explore one of Egypt's touristic gems, Luxor....
Enjoying a central location in Luxor, directly on the banks of the Nile and within 10 min walking distance from Luxor...