Steigenberger Al Dau Beach becomes first ever Egypt hotel to provide TUV Rheinland certificied Egypt holidays
The first ever hotel in Egypt to have been awarded the coveted Best Health International certificate for the quality of its spa and wellness facilities, now proudly stands as one of Egypt's best.
Even after the recent open of the new ultra-luxurious Kempinski resort in Cairo it looks like Egypt holidays are unstoppable in their hosting of incredible luxury hotels. The lates one to have received praise for providing outstanding luxury holidays in Egypt has been recognised with honours by TUV Rheinland. The deluxe Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel on the Red Sea has become the first wellness hotel in Egypt and the first one outside of Europe to be awarded the Best Health International certificate for quality in spa and wellness tourism. This occurred following an independent inspection of the 5-star hotel by TUV Rheinland auditors. Since the beginning of 2009, establishments can arrange to be certified by TUV Rheinland to the Best Health International standard. This quality standard encompasses more than 130 inspection criteria covering a wide range of different areas that can be hard for guests themselves to ascertain or judge. Such areas include the training and professional development of therapists, the use of food from the region, hygiene as well as promises made regarding the effectiveness of the therapies and applications.
“We are delighted to have been awarded this prestigious certificate, which is testament to our ongoing commitment to quality standards in our operation. Being the first hotel in Egypt to achieve this award clearly underlines our determination to set the benchmark in hospitality in the region“
With no doubt it was the outstandingly high standards of luxury spa services at this hotel that won them the title of the country's best when it came to luxury spa holidays in Egypt.
The quality standard was launched as part of a broad-based initiative involving the ministries of health and economic affairs, tourism organisations as well as leading companies from the hotel and health industry. The certification of the Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel on the Red Sea is part of a programme launched by the Egyptian tourism authorities to improve wellness facilities throughout the country. To help them achieve this, the Egyptian tourism authorities announced at the international tourism trade fair, the ITB Berlin in March 2010, their plans to cooperate with TUV Rheinland to certify wellness hotels to the Best Health International standard. The committee of the Egyptian Association of Spas & Wellness was set up back in 2008 to control the quality of wellness and spa facilities. Over the next two years, at least 20 Egypt hotels are to be inspected to international standards and certified by TUV Rheinland as wellness hotels.
Al Dau Beach Hotel is now officially the place to go for indulging spa Egypt holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Egypt Browse all
Guests can enjoy a treatment in the spa, explore the area on horseback, or enjoy a round of golf.
- A historic hotel with a rich and colourful history, the Mena house is surrounded by 40 acres of gardens, just 700 metres from the Pyramids
- One of the few hotels in Cairo to offer a golf course
- Relax in the Sultan bar with a cocktail in hand, whilst looking out to the pyramids or enjoy informal dining in the Oasis, a poolside restaurant
Enjoy a fun-filled stay on King's Island in the Nile River, with plenty of activities on offer at the hotel as well as being only a 10 minute drive away from Luxor downtown
- Cocktails, beverages and light meals are served in the lounge and drinks on deck until sun set
- Great selection of bars and restaurants, with everything from buffet to fine French cuisine, plus the Fellah Tent provides an overview of Oriental traditions
- Leisure facilities include two large swimming pools with waterfalls, separate children's pool and an adults only pool, plus floodlit tennis courts, a jogging track, fishing, an air conditioned gym and more!
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonder, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £199pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
The perfect escape for couples with exclusive added values not to be missed
- Enjoy a number of complimentary added value offers - must be booked by 15th January 2018
- Free room upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Suite
- Free Romantic Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine on Arrival
- Free upgrade to private transfers
Discover Egypt's beautiful capital as you take a 15-day holiday at the amazing Sofitel El Gezirah hotel. Set on a small...
Make the Egyptian city of Luxor your home for eight days as you discover the timeless treasures that make this country...
Start your holiday at Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Spoil yourself with an amazing historic holiday in the region of the Great Pyramids of Giza. Since 1869, the Mena House...