Westjet adds new routes for Grand Cayman holidays and Cuba holidays in Santa Clara
The popular Canadian carrier taking millions of Canadian travellers to popular Caribbean holiday destinations has just launched a series of new routes with more frequent flights in order to meet higher demand in the travel sector.
Now servicing a wider range of holiday destinations including Cayman Islands holidays and Cuba holidays, WestJet recently unveiled its winter schedule for 2010-2011, featuring 3 new destinations, 10 new routes and an expanded service on more than 30 others - and all at everyday low fares all year-round.
Beginning in November, WestJet will launch seasonal, non-stop service to New Orleans in Florida, to Santa Clara for Cuba holidays in the growingly popular area of Villa Clara and to Grand Cayman Island, all from Toronto's Pearson International Airport.
WestJet will also launch new seasonal, non-stop service between the following cities:
- Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Regina, Montreal.
- Montreal, Calgary and Varadero, Cuba
- Toronto and Palm Springs
Catering to the Canadian market travelling to Caribbean holidays WestJet will extend its non-stop service from seasonal to year-round between the following cities: Ottawa and Halifax, Ottawa and Vancouver, Toronto and Bermuda, Toronto and Samana (for Dominican Republic holidays), Toronto and Puerto Vallarta (in Mexcico), Montreal and Punta Cana.
WestJet will increase the number of seasonal, non-stop flights this winter from Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon,
Regina, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal to exciting destinations such as Honolulu, Maui, Cancun, Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas.
"This winter schedule is a measured, balanced and strategic approach to domestic, trans-border and international growth," - said Hugh Dunleavy, Executive Vice-President, Strategy and Planning. - "Along with our high-value frequent guest program we launched in March, additional service to and from Ottawa expands upon our growing business travel offering. And, the introduction of new southern destinations from more Canadian gateways offers our guests more choices for their winter vacations."
"We are also pleased to announce seasonal, non-stop service to three new destinations from Toronto's Pearson International Airport," continued Hugh Dunleavy. "Our valued relationship with the Greater Toronto Airports Authority is a key building block to our ongoing, strategic approach to growth from Toronto."
"WestJet's continued commitment to growing services for the benefit of passengers using Toronto Pearson has been shown again by the announcement of these new routes," added Pamela Griffith-Jones, Chief Commercial Officer for the Greater Toronto Airports Authority. "We will continue to work with WestJet to support their needs and to help offer more choice and more routes for the communities we serve."
Since its launch in 2006, WestJet Vacations has become a trusted and preferred travel provider for Canadian vacationers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...