Westjet adds new routes for Grand Cayman holidays and Cuba holidays in Santa Clara
The popular Canadian carrier taking millions of Canadian travellers to popular Caribbean holiday destinations has just launched a series of new routes with more frequent flights in order to meet higher demand in the travel sector.
Now servicing a wider range of holiday destinations including Cayman Islands holidays and Cuba holidays, WestJet recently unveiled its winter schedule for 2010-2011, featuring 3 new destinations, 10 new routes and an expanded service on more than 30 others - and all at everyday low fares all year-round.
Beginning in November, WestJet will launch seasonal, non-stop service to New Orleans in Florida, to Santa Clara for Cuba holidays in the growingly popular area of Villa Clara and to Grand Cayman Island, all from Toronto's Pearson International Airport.
WestJet will also launch new seasonal, non-stop service between the following cities:
- Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Regina, Montreal.
- Montreal, Calgary and Varadero, Cuba
- Toronto and Palm Springs
Catering to the Canadian market travelling to Caribbean holidays WestJet will extend its non-stop service from seasonal to year-round between the following cities: Ottawa and Halifax, Ottawa and Vancouver, Toronto and Bermuda, Toronto and Samana (for Dominican Republic holidays), Toronto and Puerto Vallarta (in Mexcico), Montreal and Punta Cana.
WestJet will increase the number of seasonal, non-stop flights this winter from Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon,
Regina, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal to exciting destinations such as Honolulu, Maui, Cancun, Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas.
"This winter schedule is a measured, balanced and strategic approach to domestic, trans-border and international growth," - said Hugh Dunleavy, Executive Vice-President, Strategy and Planning. - "Along with our high-value frequent guest program we launched in March, additional service to and from Ottawa expands upon our growing business travel offering. And, the introduction of new southern destinations from more Canadian gateways offers our guests more choices for their winter vacations."
"We are also pleased to announce seasonal, non-stop service to three new destinations from Toronto's Pearson International Airport," continued Hugh Dunleavy. "Our valued relationship with the Greater Toronto Airports Authority is a key building block to our ongoing, strategic approach to growth from Toronto."
"WestJet's continued commitment to growing services for the benefit of passengers using Toronto Pearson has been shown again by the announcement of these new routes," added Pamela Griffith-Jones, Chief Commercial Officer for the Greater Toronto Airports Authority. "We will continue to work with WestJet to support their needs and to help offer more choice and more routes for the communities we serve."
Since its launch in 2006, WestJet Vacations has become a trusted and preferred travel provider for Canadian vacationers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...