Westjet adds new routes for Grand Cayman holidays and Cuba holidays in Santa Clara
The popular Canadian carrier taking millions of Canadian travellers to popular Caribbean holiday destinations has just launched a series of new routes with more frequent flights in order to meet higher demand in the travel sector.
Now servicing a wider range of holiday destinations including Cayman Islands holidays and Cuba holidays, WestJet recently unveiled its winter schedule for 2010-2011, featuring 3 new destinations, 10 new routes and an expanded service on more than 30 others - and all at everyday low fares all year-round.
Beginning in November, WestJet will launch seasonal, non-stop service to New Orleans in Florida, to Santa Clara for Cuba holidays in the growingly popular area of Villa Clara and to Grand Cayman Island, all from Toronto's Pearson International Airport.
WestJet will also launch new seasonal, non-stop service between the following cities:
- Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Regina, Montreal.
- Montreal, Calgary and Varadero, Cuba
- Toronto and Palm Springs
Catering to the Canadian market travelling to Caribbean holidays WestJet will extend its non-stop service from seasonal to year-round between the following cities: Ottawa and Halifax, Ottawa and Vancouver, Toronto and Bermuda, Toronto and Samana (for Dominican Republic holidays), Toronto and Puerto Vallarta (in Mexcico), Montreal and Punta Cana.
WestJet will increase the number of seasonal, non-stop flights this winter from Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon,
Regina, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal to exciting destinations such as Honolulu, Maui, Cancun, Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas.
"This winter schedule is a measured, balanced and strategic approach to domestic, trans-border and international growth," - said Hugh Dunleavy, Executive Vice-President, Strategy and Planning. - "Along with our high-value frequent guest program we launched in March, additional service to and from Ottawa expands upon our growing business travel offering. And, the introduction of new southern destinations from more Canadian gateways offers our guests more choices for their winter vacations."
"We are also pleased to announce seasonal, non-stop service to three new destinations from Toronto's Pearson International Airport," continued Hugh Dunleavy. "Our valued relationship with the Greater Toronto Airports Authority is a key building block to our ongoing, strategic approach to growth from Toronto."
"WestJet's continued commitment to growing services for the benefit of passengers using Toronto Pearson has been shown again by the announcement of these new routes," added Pamela Griffith-Jones, Chief Commercial Officer for the Greater Toronto Airports Authority. "We will continue to work with WestJet to support their needs and to help offer more choice and more routes for the communities we serve."
Since its launch in 2006, WestJet Vacations has become a trusted and preferred travel provider for Canadian vacationers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...