Westjet adds new routes for Grand Cayman holidays and Cuba holidays in Santa Clara
The popular Canadian carrier taking millions of Canadian travellers to popular Caribbean holiday destinations has just launched a series of new routes with more frequent flights in order to meet higher demand in the travel sector.
Now servicing a wider range of holiday destinations including Cayman Islands holidays and Cuba holidays, WestJet recently unveiled its winter schedule for 2010-2011, featuring 3 new destinations, 10 new routes and an expanded service on more than 30 others - and all at everyday low fares all year-round.
Beginning in November, WestJet will launch seasonal, non-stop service to New Orleans in Florida, to Santa Clara for Cuba holidays in the growingly popular area of Villa Clara and to Grand Cayman Island, all from Toronto's Pearson International Airport.
WestJet will also launch new seasonal, non-stop service between the following cities:
- Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Regina, Montreal.
- Montreal, Calgary and Varadero, Cuba
- Toronto and Palm Springs
Catering to the Canadian market travelling to Caribbean holidays WestJet will extend its non-stop service from seasonal to year-round between the following cities: Ottawa and Halifax, Ottawa and Vancouver, Toronto and Bermuda, Toronto and Samana (for Dominican Republic holidays), Toronto and Puerto Vallarta (in Mexcico), Montreal and Punta Cana.
WestJet will increase the number of seasonal, non-stop flights this winter from Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon,
Regina, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal to exciting destinations such as Honolulu, Maui, Cancun, Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas.
"This winter schedule is a measured, balanced and strategic approach to domestic, trans-border and international growth," - said Hugh Dunleavy, Executive Vice-President, Strategy and Planning. - "Along with our high-value frequent guest program we launched in March, additional service to and from Ottawa expands upon our growing business travel offering. And, the introduction of new southern destinations from more Canadian gateways offers our guests more choices for their winter vacations."
"We are also pleased to announce seasonal, non-stop service to three new destinations from Toronto's Pearson International Airport," continued Hugh Dunleavy. "Our valued relationship with the Greater Toronto Airports Authority is a key building block to our ongoing, strategic approach to growth from Toronto."
"WestJet's continued commitment to growing services for the benefit of passengers using Toronto Pearson has been shown again by the announcement of these new routes," added Pamela Griffith-Jones, Chief Commercial Officer for the Greater Toronto Airports Authority. "We will continue to work with WestJet to support their needs and to help offer more choice and more routes for the communities we serve."
Since its launch in 2006, WestJet Vacations has become a trusted and preferred travel provider for Canadian vacationers.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars.
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches.
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more.
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Pernik Hotel is a comfortable tourist hotel located in a quiet green area near downtown Holguin. This hotel is close to...