Chef of the Year awarded for efforts in promoting Sri Lanka Holidays
The executive chef from Galway Forest Lodge, which provides Sri Lanka holidays for travellers from all over the world, as been awarded as the Chef of the Year under the award category of "Excellence in Service."
Executive Chef, Wijesiri Delthalawage, of Galway Forest Lodge in Sri Lanka has been awarded as the Chef of The Year for 2009 by the Deputy Minister of Economic Development, Lakshman Yapa Abeygunawardena, and the CEO of Travel & Tourism Award Council, Nalin Attigalla.
Wijesiri received his award under the category of "Excellence in Service" after working in the tourism industry for over 25 years. As well as contributing towards culinary art, Wijesiri has also helped promote tourism in Sri Lanka; highlighted the trade in the Sri Lanka holiday industry to jobseekers; carried out social work representing the tourism trade; and trained future staff in the field of culinary art.
The talent chef was awarded his prestigious title at the Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall in Colombo on 15th June 2010. As Executive Chef of the Galway Forest Lodge in Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka, Wijesiri has helped the restaurant gain its prestigious reputation. The main restaurant serves Eastern/ Western cuisine to guests enjoying Sri Lanka holidays and an a la carte menu specialising in English and French dishes.
The Galway Forest Lodge is tucked away in Nuwara Eliya, a region known as "Little England" when it became a holiday resort for English Planters during the colonial era. Surrounded by valleys, mountains, meadows and lush vegetation, the Sri Lanka hotel is situated in a tranquil natural environment, perfect for travellers looking for relaxing Sri Lanka holidays.
Guests can explore the surrounding by trekking along nature trails where they will discover the stunning lakes and waterfalls, or take a Galway excursion where they can take a historic tour around the Tea factories. Travellers looking for nature excursions while on their Sri Lanka holidays can visit the Horton Plains National Park where they may catch a sight of a sambhur, a type of deer, purple monkeys, and various bird species.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Surround yourself with ancient ruins and futuristic skyscrapers with a holiday to Sri Lanka and Dubai.
Combine the historical and cultural journey of a lifetime, with a stopover in one of the most futuristic and flashy cities in the world.
- A visit to one of the world’s most futuristic, indulgent and snazzy cities in the world – Dubai.
- Discover lush nature reserves, amazing temples, ancient ruins, Heritage sites and an overwhelming culture with a tour of one of the most intriguing and enchanting destinations in the world – Sri Lanka.
- Luxurious 4 & 5 star accommodation throughout the holiday.
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....