Chef of the Year awarded for efforts in promoting Sri Lanka Holidays
The executive chef from Galway Forest Lodge, which provides Sri Lanka holidays for travellers from all over the world, as been awarded as the Chef of the Year under the award category of "Excellence in Service."
Executive Chef, Wijesiri Delthalawage, of Galway Forest Lodge in Sri Lanka has been awarded as the Chef of The Year for 2009 by the Deputy Minister of Economic Development, Lakshman Yapa Abeygunawardena, and the CEO of Travel & Tourism Award Council, Nalin Attigalla.
Wijesiri received his award under the category of "Excellence in Service" after working in the tourism industry for over 25 years. As well as contributing towards culinary art, Wijesiri has also helped promote tourism in Sri Lanka; highlighted the trade in the Sri Lanka holiday industry to jobseekers; carried out social work representing the tourism trade; and trained future staff in the field of culinary art.
The talent chef was awarded his prestigious title at the Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall in Colombo on 15th June 2010. As Executive Chef of the Galway Forest Lodge in Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka, Wijesiri has helped the restaurant gain its prestigious reputation. The main restaurant serves Eastern/ Western cuisine to guests enjoying Sri Lanka holidays and an a la carte menu specialising in English and French dishes.
The Galway Forest Lodge is tucked away in Nuwara Eliya, a region known as "Little England" when it became a holiday resort for English Planters during the colonial era. Surrounded by valleys, mountains, meadows and lush vegetation, the Sri Lanka hotel is situated in a tranquil natural environment, perfect for travellers looking for relaxing Sri Lanka holidays.
Guests can explore the surrounding by trekking along nature trails where they will discover the stunning lakes and waterfalls, or take a Galway excursion where they can take a historic tour around the Tea factories. Travellers looking for nature excursions while on their Sri Lanka holidays can visit the Horton Plains National Park where they may catch a sight of a sambhur, a type of deer, purple monkeys, and various bird species.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover the beautiful Sri Lankan nature, located beside a perfect strech beach on the Island's West Coast
- Beautifully located beside a perfect stretch of sandy beach on the island's west coast
- Modern and comfortable rooms with breathtaking sea views
- Choose from the open air terrace offering delicious traditional and international cuisines
Settle into a haven of tranquility at a luxury boutique hotel that is a member of the prestigious Small Luxury Hotels of the World
- Offers a wide range of facilities including Bike Riding, Windsurfing, Kite Surfing & more
- Accommodation designed by the World-Famous local Architect Geoffrey Bawa
- Enjoy a choice of Wines specially selected for Jetwing
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
For a taste of Sri Lanka choose Eden Rock Resort and Spa, the worthy winner of Trip Advisor'ss 2012 Certificate of Excellence Award
- All rooms have a Private Balcony or Terrace with a view of either the Garden or the Indian Ocean
- Rejuvenate at the Spa and Ayuveda Centre
- Access to Temptation - a Fine-Dining Restaurant - the 24-Hr Chameleon Cafe & more
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
Avani Bentota is set in eight acres of lush frangipanis and coconut palms by the golden sands of Bentota. This hotel...