Chef of the Year awarded for efforts in promoting Sri Lanka Holidays
The executive chef from Galway Forest Lodge, which provides Sri Lanka holidays for travellers from all over the world, as been awarded as the Chef of the Year under the award category of "Excellence in Service."
Executive Chef, Wijesiri Delthalawage, of Galway Forest Lodge in Sri Lanka has been awarded as the Chef of The Year for 2009 by the Deputy Minister of Economic Development, Lakshman Yapa Abeygunawardena, and the CEO of Travel & Tourism Award Council, Nalin Attigalla.
Wijesiri received his award under the category of "Excellence in Service" after working in the tourism industry for over 25 years. As well as contributing towards culinary art, Wijesiri has also helped promote tourism in Sri Lanka; highlighted the trade in the Sri Lanka holiday industry to jobseekers; carried out social work representing the tourism trade; and trained future staff in the field of culinary art.
The talent chef was awarded his prestigious title at the Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall in Colombo on 15th June 2010. As Executive Chef of the Galway Forest Lodge in Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka, Wijesiri has helped the restaurant gain its prestigious reputation. The main restaurant serves Eastern/ Western cuisine to guests enjoying Sri Lanka holidays and an a la carte menu specialising in English and French dishes.
The Galway Forest Lodge is tucked away in Nuwara Eliya, a region known as "Little England" when it became a holiday resort for English Planters during the colonial era. Surrounded by valleys, mountains, meadows and lush vegetation, the Sri Lanka hotel is situated in a tranquil natural environment, perfect for travellers looking for relaxing Sri Lanka holidays.
Guests can explore the surrounding by trekking along nature trails where they will discover the stunning lakes and waterfalls, or take a Galway excursion where they can take a historic tour around the Tea factories. Travellers looking for nature excursions while on their Sri Lanka holidays can visit the Horton Plains National Park where they may catch a sight of a sambhur, a type of deer, purple monkeys, and various bird species.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Enjoy an amazing twin-centre holiday combining the golden sands of Sri Lanka with the modern opulence of Arabic luxury in Dubai.
- Both hotels offer the finest quality facilities and amenities to suit guests of all ages
- While in Dubai escape to the tranquillity of SPA Asiana, the perfect place to unwind and rejuvenate
- Sample authentic Sri Lankan cuisine at the Avani Kalutara Resort with Half-Board dining
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....