Chef of the Year awarded for efforts in promoting Sri Lanka Holidays
The executive chef from Galway Forest Lodge, which provides Sri Lanka holidays for travellers from all over the world, as been awarded as the Chef of the Year under the award category of "Excellence in Service."
Executive Chef, Wijesiri Delthalawage, of Galway Forest Lodge in Sri Lanka has been awarded as the Chef of The Year for 2009 by the Deputy Minister of Economic Development, Lakshman Yapa Abeygunawardena, and the CEO of Travel & Tourism Award Council, Nalin Attigalla.
Wijesiri received his award under the category of "Excellence in Service" after working in the tourism industry for over 25 years. As well as contributing towards culinary art, Wijesiri has also helped promote tourism in Sri Lanka; highlighted the trade in the Sri Lanka holiday industry to jobseekers; carried out social work representing the tourism trade; and trained future staff in the field of culinary art.
The talent chef was awarded his prestigious title at the Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall in Colombo on 15th June 2010. As Executive Chef of the Galway Forest Lodge in Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka, Wijesiri has helped the restaurant gain its prestigious reputation. The main restaurant serves Eastern/ Western cuisine to guests enjoying Sri Lanka holidays and an a la carte menu specialising in English and French dishes.
The Galway Forest Lodge is tucked away in Nuwara Eliya, a region known as "Little England" when it became a holiday resort for English Planters during the colonial era. Surrounded by valleys, mountains, meadows and lush vegetation, the Sri Lanka hotel is situated in a tranquil natural environment, perfect for travellers looking for relaxing Sri Lanka holidays.
Guests can explore the surrounding by trekking along nature trails where they will discover the stunning lakes and waterfalls, or take a Galway excursion where they can take a historic tour around the Tea factories. Travellers looking for nature excursions while on their Sri Lanka holidays can visit the Horton Plains National Park where they may catch a sight of a sambhur, a type of deer, purple monkeys, and various bird species.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy a relaxing stay in an ideal setting surrounded by lush frangipanis, swaying palms and the glistening blue waters of Bentota's beaches.
- Discover Sri Lanka's cultural wonders from a soothing luxury retreat oozing 18th century charm
- Bask in acres of lush gardens framed by frangipani trees and facing a secluded golden sand beach
- Be wowed by the Dine by Design concept, allowing you to eat out in an array of scenic settings
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Take advantage of this twin destination combination treat
- Enjoy themed nights with flavours from around the world in Sri Lanka
- Discover the wonder of Old and New Delhi with a guided, full day city tour
- Visit the City Palace, an overwhelming complex of exquisite palaces, gardens and courtyards, decorative art and carved doorways
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
This fantastic package allows you to discover the delights of the Superior Golden Triangle Tour where you will explore...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka and beach Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Avani Bentota is set in eight acres of lush frangipanis and coconut palms by the golden sands of Bentota. This hotel...