Port Victoria Seychelles receives prestigious World Travel Award for leading cruise port
Port Victoria, the gateway which sees thousands of tourists on Seychelles holidays each year, has recently been awarded a prestigious World Travel Award after being voted as the leading cruise port in the Indian Ocean for 2010.
Port Victoria in the Seychelles has received a prestigious World Travel Award after being voted by a database of 183,000 travel, tourism and hospitality professionals as this year's leading cruise port in the Indian Ocean.
The World Travel Awards are considered as the "Oscars" within the travel industry and were first established 17 years ago. The awards recognise leading companies in the world travel industry while stimulating competition between sectors and providing world-class value for travellers and customers.
CEO of the Seychelles Ports Authority, Lt. Colonel Andre Ciseau, said: "The Seychelles Port Authority is very proud to receive this award on behalf of all its partners and stakeholders. I see this award as a vindication of our policies and strategies to make the port a welcoming and, above all, safe area.
"Our strict adherence to the measures we employ to ensure that Port Victoria runs efficiently is not always popular with service providers, but now we see our efforts rewarded and our hard work recognized by this prestigious award. I hope that we may now all be inspired by what we have achieved to take Port Victoria from strength to strength in the years ahead."
While Port Victoria plays a huge part in providing a gateway for thousands of travellers on cruise ships enjoying Seychelles holidays each year, the port is also used for the island's cargo important exports including vanilla, tortoise shell, coconuts, soap and guano.
The Seychelles is an island country comprising an archipelago of 115 granite, coral and reef islands in the Indian Ocean. The luxury destination is a popular hotspot for honeymooners and romantic holidays in the Seychelles. With uncrowded white pristine sandy beaches, crystal clear waters, lush green rolling hills, marine parks and nature parks, the destination provides plenty f activities for travellers enjoying Seychelles holidays.
Seychelles hotels include luxury five-star resorts, beachfront bungalows, and rustic island retreats, perfect for a relaxing break.
The World Travel Awards Gala Presentation Ceremony took place at the Sandton Conference Centre, Johannesburg, South Africa, on July 7.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Experience this tropical island at the stunning Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino
- As the Seychelles islands are blessed with a warm, tropical climate year-round, it's always a good time to visit
- Wide selection of facilities and activities including a 5-star PADI diving centre and a casino
- One daily complimentary shuttle service is provided to Victoria
Discovery the wonder and beauty of the Seychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Stay at the first and most legendary resort in the Seychelles, Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove at Beau Vallon Bay and enjoy a taste of exotica
- Enjoy a couples resort where you can enjoy the relaxtion of the resort and pamper yourself at the Zen Spa
- Discover the incredible flavours of creole cuisine
- Revel in colonial surrounds, as the first hotel in Seychelles built in 1943 boasting orginal architecture
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
One of Mahe's largest hotels, the Coral Strand enjoys a prime beachfront location on the island's most famous beach, at...