Port Victoria Seychelles receives prestigious World Travel Award for leading cruise port
Port Victoria, the gateway which sees thousands of tourists on Seychelles holidays each year, has recently been awarded a prestigious World Travel Award after being voted as the leading cruise port in the Indian Ocean for 2010.
Port Victoria in the Seychelles has received a prestigious World Travel Award after being voted by a database of 183,000 travel, tourism and hospitality professionals as this year's leading cruise port in the Indian Ocean.
The World Travel Awards are considered as the "Oscars" within the travel industry and were first established 17 years ago. The awards recognise leading companies in the world travel industry while stimulating competition between sectors and providing world-class value for travellers and customers.
CEO of the Seychelles Ports Authority, Lt. Colonel Andre Ciseau, said: "The Seychelles Port Authority is very proud to receive this award on behalf of all its partners and stakeholders. I see this award as a vindication of our policies and strategies to make the port a welcoming and, above all, safe area.
"Our strict adherence to the measures we employ to ensure that Port Victoria runs efficiently is not always popular with service providers, but now we see our efforts rewarded and our hard work recognized by this prestigious award. I hope that we may now all be inspired by what we have achieved to take Port Victoria from strength to strength in the years ahead."
While Port Victoria plays a huge part in providing a gateway for thousands of travellers on cruise ships enjoying Seychelles holidays each year, the port is also used for the island's cargo important exports including vanilla, tortoise shell, coconuts, soap and guano.
The Seychelles is an island country comprising an archipelago of 115 granite, coral and reef islands in the Indian Ocean. The luxury destination is a popular hotspot for honeymooners and romantic holidays in the Seychelles. With uncrowded white pristine sandy beaches, crystal clear waters, lush green rolling hills, marine parks and nature parks, the destination provides plenty f activities for travellers enjoying Seychelles holidays.
Seychelles hotels include luxury five-star resorts, beachfront bungalows, and rustic island retreats, perfect for a relaxing break.
The World Travel Awards Gala Presentation Ceremony took place at the Sandton Conference Centre, Johannesburg, South Africa, on July 7.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Discovery the wonder and beauty of the Seychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Relax and unwind on two of the islands best beaches at constance ephelia resort
- Treat your taste buds to culinary treats whether you choose Ã la carte or buffets
- Children will love the kids club which welcomes 4-11 year olds
- Indulge in the U-Spa by Constance designed to restore your well-being
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class
- Free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Soak up the stunning landscapes, friendly atmosphere, and leisurely pace of life of La Digue Island and stay at the...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Situated on the northern coast of Mahe, Villa Koket is ideal for those looking for a peaceful self-catering getaway near...