Etihad to start servicing Egypt holidays in Alexandria
Etihad Airways have recently announced they will soon be servicing Alexandria holidays in Egypt with a new set of direct flights due to begin operating this July 2010 as soon as they get government approval.
Servicing for the first time ever the lucrative market of Egypt holidays in Alexandria, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, Etihad Airways, will soon start a four flights-a-week service to Alexandria from July, subject to government approval.
Offering great connections between the airline's homebase in the Middle East Etihad's new operation will be directly connecting Arabic holidaymakers to luxury Alexandria holidays in Egypt. lThe new service will offer passengers with great flexibility as it is due to operate every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from Etihad's home base in Abu Dhabi to El Nouzha Airport in Alexandria.
James Hogan, Etihad Airways Chief Executive, expressed his joy over the new operation linking the Middle East to luxury holidays in Egypt's Alexandria.
"Etihad is pleased to announce this new service to Alexandria, Egypts second largest city." - he said.
Alexandria is an important strategic destination which will serve the Egyptian expatriate population living in Abu Dhabi and across the UAE, as well as growing numbers of business and leisure travellers looking to fly to the city.
The new service will offer air travellers convenient onward connections via Abu Dhabi to a number of key destinations across the airlines global network, including the GCC, Australia, China, Japan and the Indian Sub Continent.
Etihad will operate an Airbus A320 aircraft on the Abu Dhabi to Alexandria route which is configured to carry 136 passengers. The airline started flights Cairo in November 2004 and flies double daily to the Egyptian capital.
Mr Hogan added: "Etihad Airways is grateful to the UAE General Civil Aviation Authority and the Egyptian Civil Aviation Authority for their support, which has enabled us to move forward with these important new services."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Discreet and unpretentious, yet charming and welcoming, Hotel Phebus enjoys a quiet location at the heart of La Marsa -...