"Rutas y Andares" tour launched for Summer Cuba holidays in Havana
For the 10th year running the latest edition of the successful "Rutas y Andares" (Walking Around) tour has a full schedule of exciting exploratory activities to help citizens and holidaymakers discover all the mysteries surrounding legendary Havana.
A unique chance to explore the real Cuba during Cuba holidays will be offered this summer with the10th edition of "Rutas y Andares" tour. Once again Old Havana will show its charms and mysteries to Cuban families and holidaymakers through this year's amazing "Walking Around" project, set to run from 6th July through to 31st August 2010.
This year, this unique tour brings attractive and interesting proposals, some of which extend beyond the oldest part of the city. The summer project, organised by the City Historian’s Office, will include visits to museums, new tours through the patrimonial environment and the current restoration process of the Historic Heart of the Cuban capital.
Offering travellers with one of the best ways to really discover Havana during their Cuba holidays in this legendary UNESCO heritage site; the tour also invites participants to enjoy different cultural performances in the big stage of the old city. For the third time, interpretation service for deaf people will join several of the tours, thanks to the collaboration of “Cultura entre las manos” (Culture in Our Hands) project of Habana Radio station.
Previously awarded with the Ibero-American Education and Museum Prize, this 2010, “Rutas y Andares” experience will also join the celebrations of the International Year for the Re-approachment of Cultures, proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly, with tours through the city's iconic cultural landmarks.
For this year, organisers have again programmed the “Rutas” (Routes) part of the tour, which comprises free visits to the museums included, from Tuesday to Saturday, from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm, and on Sundays, until 1:00 pm.
Also, the routes of memory, science, decorative arts and findings leave from different spots on Tuesdays, at 10:00 am. In each of them, the family will be guided from one museum to the other by specialised guides who will teach you all there is to know about this enchanting city.
For those interested in making their Cuba holidays a culturally-enriching one, participation tickets can be bought at the Museum of the City, the Colonial Art Museum, the St. Francis of Assisi Convent, the Jose Marti Native Home and the Scale Model of the Historical Center, from 6th July through 31st August.
And those who manage to accumulate the largest number of routes and pathways will receive different awards, including a special prize granted by the Centro Hispanoamericano de Cultura.
Once again, history and culture emerge this summer as special attractions to be enjoyed in the 10th edition of the “Rutas y Andares” project, a diverse programme to discover the mythical Havana city, full of stunning wonders, and a unique chance to make Cuba holidays in the city a fun journey of exploration and unique discoveries.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Nov
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...