"Rutas y Andares" tour launched for Summer Cuba holidays in Havana
For the 10th year running the latest edition of the successful "Rutas y Andares" (Walking Around) tour has a full schedule of exciting exploratory activities to help citizens and holidaymakers discover all the mysteries surrounding legendary Havana.
A unique chance to explore the real Cuba during Cuba holidays will be offered this summer with the10th edition of "Rutas y Andares" tour. Once again Old Havana will show its charms and mysteries to Cuban families and holidaymakers through this year's amazing "Walking Around" project, set to run from 6th July through to 31st August 2010.
This year, this unique tour brings attractive and interesting proposals, some of which extend beyond the oldest part of the city. The summer project, organised by the City Historian’s Office, will include visits to museums, new tours through the patrimonial environment and the current restoration process of the Historic Heart of the Cuban capital.
Offering travellers with one of the best ways to really discover Havana during their Cuba holidays in this legendary UNESCO heritage site; the tour also invites participants to enjoy different cultural performances in the big stage of the old city. For the third time, interpretation service for deaf people will join several of the tours, thanks to the collaboration of “Cultura entre las manos” (Culture in Our Hands) project of Habana Radio station.
Previously awarded with the Ibero-American Education and Museum Prize, this 2010, “Rutas y Andares” experience will also join the celebrations of the International Year for the Re-approachment of Cultures, proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly, with tours through the city's iconic cultural landmarks.
For this year, organisers have again programmed the “Rutas” (Routes) part of the tour, which comprises free visits to the museums included, from Tuesday to Saturday, from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm, and on Sundays, until 1:00 pm.
Also, the routes of memory, science, decorative arts and findings leave from different spots on Tuesdays, at 10:00 am. In each of them, the family will be guided from one museum to the other by specialised guides who will teach you all there is to know about this enchanting city.
For those interested in making their Cuba holidays a culturally-enriching one, participation tickets can be bought at the Museum of the City, the Colonial Art Museum, the St. Francis of Assisi Convent, the Jose Marti Native Home and the Scale Model of the Historical Center, from 6th July through 31st August.
And those who manage to accumulate the largest number of routes and pathways will receive different awards, including a special prize granted by the Centro Hispanoamericano de Cultura.
Once again, history and culture emerge this summer as special attractions to be enjoyed in the 10th edition of the “Rutas y Andares” project, a diverse programme to discover the mythical Havana city, full of stunning wonders, and a unique chance to make Cuba holidays in the city a fun journey of exploration and unique discoveries.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...