"Rutas y Andares" tour launched for Summer Cuba holidays in Havana
For the 10th year running the latest edition of the successful "Rutas y Andares" (Walking Around) tour has a full schedule of exciting exploratory activities to help citizens and holidaymakers discover all the mysteries surrounding legendary Havana.
A unique chance to explore the real Cuba during Cuba holidays will be offered this summer with the10th edition of "Rutas y Andares" tour. Once again Old Havana will show its charms and mysteries to Cuban families and holidaymakers through this year's amazing "Walking Around" project, set to run from 6th July through to 31st August 2010.
This year, this unique tour brings attractive and interesting proposals, some of which extend beyond the oldest part of the city. The summer project, organised by the City Historian’s Office, will include visits to museums, new tours through the patrimonial environment and the current restoration process of the Historic Heart of the Cuban capital.
Offering travellers with one of the best ways to really discover Havana during their Cuba holidays in this legendary UNESCO heritage site; the tour also invites participants to enjoy different cultural performances in the big stage of the old city. For the third time, interpretation service for deaf people will join several of the tours, thanks to the collaboration of “Cultura entre las manos” (Culture in Our Hands) project of Habana Radio station.
Previously awarded with the Ibero-American Education and Museum Prize, this 2010, “Rutas y Andares” experience will also join the celebrations of the International Year for the Re-approachment of Cultures, proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly, with tours through the city's iconic cultural landmarks.
For this year, organisers have again programmed the “Rutas” (Routes) part of the tour, which comprises free visits to the museums included, from Tuesday to Saturday, from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm, and on Sundays, until 1:00 pm.
Also, the routes of memory, science, decorative arts and findings leave from different spots on Tuesdays, at 10:00 am. In each of them, the family will be guided from one museum to the other by specialised guides who will teach you all there is to know about this enchanting city.
For those interested in making their Cuba holidays a culturally-enriching one, participation tickets can be bought at the Museum of the City, the Colonial Art Museum, the St. Francis of Assisi Convent, the Jose Marti Native Home and the Scale Model of the Historical Center, from 6th July through 31st August.
And those who manage to accumulate the largest number of routes and pathways will receive different awards, including a special prize granted by the Centro Hispanoamericano de Cultura.
Once again, history and culture emerge this summer as special attractions to be enjoyed in the 10th edition of the “Rutas y Andares” project, a diverse programme to discover the mythical Havana city, full of stunning wonders, and a unique chance to make Cuba holidays in the city a fun journey of exploration and unique discoveries.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- The perfect 5* multi centre - mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury adults-only all-suite hotel Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Havana has to offer
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...