"Rutas y Andares" tour launched for Summer Cuba holidays in Havana
For the 10th year running the latest edition of the successful "Rutas y Andares" (Walking Around) tour has a full schedule of exciting exploratory activities to help citizens and holidaymakers discover all the mysteries surrounding legendary Havana.
A unique chance to explore the real Cuba during Cuba holidays will be offered this summer with the10th edition of "Rutas y Andares" tour. Once again Old Havana will show its charms and mysteries to Cuban families and holidaymakers through this year's amazing "Walking Around" project, set to run from 6th July through to 31st August 2010.
This year, this unique tour brings attractive and interesting proposals, some of which extend beyond the oldest part of the city. The summer project, organised by the City Historian’s Office, will include visits to museums, new tours through the patrimonial environment and the current restoration process of the Historic Heart of the Cuban capital.
Offering travellers with one of the best ways to really discover Havana during their Cuba holidays in this legendary UNESCO heritage site; the tour also invites participants to enjoy different cultural performances in the big stage of the old city. For the third time, interpretation service for deaf people will join several of the tours, thanks to the collaboration of “Cultura entre las manos” (Culture in Our Hands) project of Habana Radio station.
Previously awarded with the Ibero-American Education and Museum Prize, this 2010, “Rutas y Andares” experience will also join the celebrations of the International Year for the Re-approachment of Cultures, proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly, with tours through the city's iconic cultural landmarks.
For this year, organisers have again programmed the “Rutas” (Routes) part of the tour, which comprises free visits to the museums included, from Tuesday to Saturday, from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm, and on Sundays, until 1:00 pm.
Also, the routes of memory, science, decorative arts and findings leave from different spots on Tuesdays, at 10:00 am. In each of them, the family will be guided from one museum to the other by specialised guides who will teach you all there is to know about this enchanting city.
For those interested in making their Cuba holidays a culturally-enriching one, participation tickets can be bought at the Museum of the City, the Colonial Art Museum, the St. Francis of Assisi Convent, the Jose Marti Native Home and the Scale Model of the Historical Center, from 6th July through 31st August.
And those who manage to accumulate the largest number of routes and pathways will receive different awards, including a special prize granted by the Centro Hispanoamericano de Cultura.
Once again, history and culture emerge this summer as special attractions to be enjoyed in the 10th edition of the “Rutas y Andares” project, a diverse programme to discover the mythical Havana city, full of stunning wonders, and a unique chance to make Cuba holidays in the city a fun journey of exploration and unique discoveries.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...