"Rutas y Andares" tour launched for Summer Cuba holidays in Havana
For the 10th year running the latest edition of the successful "Rutas y Andares" (Walking Around) tour has a full schedule of exciting exploratory activities to help citizens and holidaymakers discover all the mysteries surrounding legendary Havana.
A unique chance to explore the real Cuba during Cuba holidays will be offered this summer with the10th edition of "Rutas y Andares" tour. Once again Old Havana will show its charms and mysteries to Cuban families and holidaymakers through this year's amazing "Walking Around" project, set to run from 6th July through to 31st August 2010.
This year, this unique tour brings attractive and interesting proposals, some of which extend beyond the oldest part of the city. The summer project, organised by the City Historian’s Office, will include visits to museums, new tours through the patrimonial environment and the current restoration process of the Historic Heart of the Cuban capital.
Offering travellers with one of the best ways to really discover Havana during their Cuba holidays in this legendary UNESCO heritage site; the tour also invites participants to enjoy different cultural performances in the big stage of the old city. For the third time, interpretation service for deaf people will join several of the tours, thanks to the collaboration of “Cultura entre las manos” (Culture in Our Hands) project of Habana Radio station.
Previously awarded with the Ibero-American Education and Museum Prize, this 2010, “Rutas y Andares” experience will also join the celebrations of the International Year for the Re-approachment of Cultures, proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly, with tours through the city's iconic cultural landmarks.
For this year, organisers have again programmed the “Rutas” (Routes) part of the tour, which comprises free visits to the museums included, from Tuesday to Saturday, from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm, and on Sundays, until 1:00 pm.
Also, the routes of memory, science, decorative arts and findings leave from different spots on Tuesdays, at 10:00 am. In each of them, the family will be guided from one museum to the other by specialised guides who will teach you all there is to know about this enchanting city.
For those interested in making their Cuba holidays a culturally-enriching one, participation tickets can be bought at the Museum of the City, the Colonial Art Museum, the St. Francis of Assisi Convent, the Jose Marti Native Home and the Scale Model of the Historical Center, from 6th July through 31st August.
And those who manage to accumulate the largest number of routes and pathways will receive different awards, including a special prize granted by the Centro Hispanoamericano de Cultura.
Once again, history and culture emerge this summer as special attractions to be enjoyed in the 10th edition of the “Rutas y Andares” project, a diverse programme to discover the mythical Havana city, full of stunning wonders, and a unique chance to make Cuba holidays in the city a fun journey of exploration and unique discoveries.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...