Increase in flights to Kenya as Kenya Airways acquires more aircrafts
Travellers will soon have more choice when booking their flights to Kenya as Kenya Airways looks to add more aircraft to its fleet by the end of the year in order to meet the growing demands of cargo and passengers.
Kenya Airways have announced plans to increase the number of flights to Kenya as it gets ready to add more aircrafts to its fleet to meet the demands of the increasing amount of passengers and cargo.
Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Kenya Airways Group, Dr. Titus Naikuni, announced at a signing ceremony at the airline's head office on last week that plans were in place to acquire two Embraer E190 aircraft by the end of this year.
Passengers taking flights to Kenya will be able to enjoy state of the art in-seat In-flight Entertainment Technology and high comfort which will match the standards of the E170 aircraft. After acquiring two Embraer 170 aircraft last month, Kenya Airways now have a total of five aircraft to provide travellers with Africa and Kenya holidays.
Dr Naikuni explained that the airline would be fitting the new aircraft, which are being leased by Jetscape, an Embraer aircraft leasing company, with a business class section and would play a large part in providing regional routes for passengers.
"The combination of the E170 and E190 in our network will offer greater flexibility in right-sizing the aircraft to meet route demand, using the same crew and ensuring consistent, high comfort for our passengers," he said.
"Today marks a major milestone for us in our fleet modernization program. It is very much in line with our strategy this year to grow the business by improving the service to regional routes. Adding destinations such as Juba and increasing frequencies to Kampala and Kigali required that we increase the size of our fleet."
The airline provides travellers with a number of routes across the region including popular destinations for African safaris in Kenya. The airline will also be increasing the frequency of the flights to Kenya on its regional and transcontinental routes so that passengers will have more choice.
Dr Naikuni added: "The Embraer aircraft are modern, efficient and reliable and it is our intention to make this aircraft the backbone of our domestic and regional routes."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...