Increase in flights to Kenya as Kenya Airways acquires more aircrafts
Travellers will soon have more choice when booking their flights to Kenya as Kenya Airways looks to add more aircraft to its fleet by the end of the year in order to meet the growing demands of cargo and passengers.
Kenya Airways have announced plans to increase the number of flights to Kenya as it gets ready to add more aircrafts to its fleet to meet the demands of the increasing amount of passengers and cargo.
Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Kenya Airways Group, Dr. Titus Naikuni, announced at a signing ceremony at the airline's head office on last week that plans were in place to acquire two Embraer E190 aircraft by the end of this year.
Passengers taking flights to Kenya will be able to enjoy state of the art in-seat In-flight Entertainment Technology and high comfort which will match the standards of the E170 aircraft. After acquiring two Embraer 170 aircraft last month, Kenya Airways now have a total of five aircraft to provide travellers with Africa and Kenya holidays.
Dr Naikuni explained that the airline would be fitting the new aircraft, which are being leased by Jetscape, an Embraer aircraft leasing company, with a business class section and would play a large part in providing regional routes for passengers.
"The combination of the E170 and E190 in our network will offer greater flexibility in right-sizing the aircraft to meet route demand, using the same crew and ensuring consistent, high comfort for our passengers," he said.
"Today marks a major milestone for us in our fleet modernization program. It is very much in line with our strategy this year to grow the business by improving the service to regional routes. Adding destinations such as Juba and increasing frequencies to Kampala and Kigali required that we increase the size of our fleet."
The airline provides travellers with a number of routes across the region including popular destinations for African safaris in Kenya. The airline will also be increasing the frequency of the flights to Kenya on its regional and transcontinental routes so that passengers will have more choice.
Dr Naikuni added: "The Embraer aircraft are modern, efficient and reliable and it is our intention to make this aircraft the backbone of our domestic and regional routes."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...